Beginners and Beyond

New Adidas running shoes (Read 97 times)

Hip Redux

Dr. Cornsitter

Huh. Interesting is right. Seems to me that those would be terrible on anything other than road or track. Even then, imagine the mess those would pick up on a hot day when the road is melting, eh? They look interesting and I am definitely having an "emotional reaction" to them, but I can't tell if it's good or bad. I wonder how durable the little blades are, though. What if they break? Can they be replaced or are the shoes junked?

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Docket_Rocket

Interesting indeed.  Not enthused about them, though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Have fun cleaning dog poop out of those

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Jess runs for bacon

They give me the creeps.

I'm far more interested in their new "Boost" shoes that use TPU foam in the midsole instead of the traditional EVA that has been used for years by most manufacturers. I've tried on a pair and they have been getting some nice reviews. I haven't been an Adidas wearer in the past but I may need to try these out.

These spring blades look to me like a gimmick. Interesting to look at but I can't see myself trying them out.

bluerun

Super B****

They don't look very durable to me, either... and for $180?  I think I'll take a pass on them.  (For now.  Because I never say never when it comes to running shoes!)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hip Redux

I'm far more interested in their new "Boost" shoes that use TPU foam in the midsole instead of the traditional EVA that has been used for years by most manufacturers. I've tried on a pair and they have been getting some nice reviews. I haven't been an Adidas wearer in the past but I may need to try these out.

These spring blades look to me like a gimmick. Interesting to look at but I can't see myself trying them out.

My husband just got the Boost - he really likes them.

Hip Redux

Have fun cleaning dog poop out of those

Poop, rocks, sticks, gravel... I can see coming home with a cornucopia of road trash stuck to your feet.

happylily

I thought the lighter, the better? I didn't see how much those weigh...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

bluerun

Super B****

Poop, rocks, sticks, gravel... I can see coming home with a cornucopia of road trash stuck to your feet.

Compost!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I'm far more interested in their new "Boost" shoes that use TPU foam in the midsole instead of the traditional EVA that has been used for years by most manufacturers. I've tried on a pair and they have been getting some nice reviews. I haven't been an Adidas wearer in the past but I may need to try these out..

This!!! ^^^^^  According to the couple articles I've read, the use of TPU is supposed to be the real deal.  I'm sure it'll take some dialing in as Boost is the first iteration but I have high hopes.  I wonder how the other shoe companies will react if TPU turns out to be legit!!  'Twould make for a little mud in the eye of the big boys if they missed this and it was just a material change?  (LOL)

And surprised they are already unveiling this potential noob in shoe tech as the Boost are just out.  Maybe Adidas wants to throw a bunch of ideas at the wall and see how many stick?

And to keep it real........

Randy

It's like wearing Oscar Pistorius on your foot!

Nike has 43% of the running market share?  Ack.

Love the Half

It's like wearing Oscar Pistorius on your foot!

Go to a race and I don't think you'll see 43% of the runners wearing Nike's.  However, a lot of people buy running shoes and never run a foot in them and they tend to buy Nike for the name.  Hell, I started running in Nike Shox.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

That's because most people who wear their shoes are wearing running shoes but don't run.  It's all about style and fashion, and Nike is good with that.  Functional running shoes is another story.

As to the OP, I would probably break my ankles racing in them things.