Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: For Promotional Use Only - Not for Resale (Read 42 times)

LRB

What up doe!

I am heading out for 7 in a bit and actually looking forward to running easy coming off of that ass kicker I had yesterday.  lol

The morning weather here has been an absolute joy to run in this summer and today is no exception with a current temp of 55 degrees.  It is crazy for August but I am not complaining!  Hopefully it is pleasant where you are or at least tolerable.

What are your plans for today, running or otherwise?

on my way to badass

Good morning! Enjoy that run Rick. Its 50F here this morning. I shall do 3 easy tonight while DS has soccer practice.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

happylily

6 or 7 miles only. I am having some Islander friends over for dinner. I know there will be salmon on the menu, but that's all that I have come up with. No idea what to serve with it. Think, Julie, think... It's clouded at the moment, but the weather changes quickly here, so it may get sunnier later this afternoon. If that's the case, I'll go for a bike ride, or a walk on the beach.

I hope you all have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Good morning, runners!  I second the "This weather focking rules!" statement LRB made.  I ran early this morning.  7 miles in 56 degree temps, very light breeze, low humidity.  It was awesome.  I went easy, and in these conditions "easy" equals a 7:53 pace.

Last night was 9 on the treadmill, which was my first TM run in a month.  I did a progression thing...every half mile I bumped up the speed.  The run came to a 7:36 overall pace and five of those miles were GMP or faster.  So, a good workout as treadmill runs go.

Now I can just sit on my butt and relax until tomorrow afternoon's LR.

<3

Zelanie

My last run in Costa Rica will be this morning- 8 easy are on the schedule.  Then I am on a bus, heading south.

Docket_Rocket

morning!  Pilates this morning and 7 miles tonight. My Summer can go fuck itself with its weather.  LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

6 easy

LRB

I am having some Islander friends over for dinner. I know there will be salmon on the menu, but that's all that I have come up with. No idea what to serve with it. Think, Julie, think...

I vote wild rice, grilled asparagus and yummy buttery toasted garlic bread.

StepbyStep-SH

SRD, though I still got up a little early to work before DS was up. He is getting a little bit of special treatment today because he completely smashed the tip of his thumb in the car door yesterday - the door was latched, even. The constant pain seems to be gone, but he keeps bumping it on things or trying to use his hand and forgetting that the black patch underneath the nail = ouch!

Lily - Rice pilaf and green beans almondine are fairly easy (and boring) accompaniments to salmon. Or you could use a teriyaki glaze and then do something more oriental - maybe an Asian slaw and fried rice? (MTA - I see that LRB and I think similarly. Wink )

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

SRD, though I still got up a little early to work before DS was up. He is getting a little bit of special treatment today because he completely smashed the tip of his thumb in the car door yesterday - the door was latched, even. The constant pain seems to be gone, but he keeps bumping it on things or trying to use his hand and forgetting that the black patch underneath the nail = ouch!

Lily - Rice pilaf and green beans almondine are fairly easy (and boring) accompaniments to salmon. Or you could use a teriyaki glaze and then do something more oriental - maybe an Asian slaw and fried rice? (MTA - I see that LRB and I think similarly. Wink )

Yes, I was actually thinking teriyaki blackened salmon with those sides!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.1. Very good run. I skipped yesterday as I was traveling and didn't sleep well.

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I'm getting into this running Tues-Wed-Thurs, 3 days in a row thing, really having some good run/walks in the early a.m. .  Then I run/walk Saturday and Sunday to get in 5 days a week.  I've been doing the 3-days-in-a-row thing now for 3 weeks and my back is still feeling good, so that's a blessing.  Will continue this schedule as long as I feel good enough to do it.    So today I was up again for the third day in a row at 5 a.m. and headed off to the university campus.  Did an easy 3.1 miles.  Shhhhh....don't tell Damaris, but......temp in San Antonio this morning was only 71 degrees and the dew-point was at 62.....SWEEEEET!   Of course that won't last, now the sun is fully up, it will start getting hot really quickly.    We hit 102 degrees yesterday.  Today, a bit cooler at 99 degrees - but it will 'feel like' 103 - so still pretty darn hot.  I guess Mother Nature has taken a bit of pity on us and is allowing us some low dew-point mornings before the heat arrives.  I'll take it!

Wow, LRB and Stonefence, you two are getting some really nice temps there for it being summer!  Enjoy!

What to serve with salmon....well, Lily...chips of course!  So you have 'fish and chips'        Enjoy your bike ride or walk and the dinner with your friends.

Nice running for you, Baboon, and sweet temps!  Good luck with the LR tomorrow!

Zelanie, aren't you going in the wrong direction?  Isn't home NORTH of Costa Rica?

Good luck in that weather, Damaris, with all your workout plans!

Sorry about DS' thumb, Step.  Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Glad you had a good run, Marjorie!  No worries about the sleep, I made it up for you.  I went to bed around 10 last night and slept like a rock until my alarm went off at 5 a.m.  Unusual for me, cuz normally I am up about 2 - 3 times during the night.  Guess this early a.m. running 3 days a week is helping me to sleep better.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Back from Pilates.  I woke up nauseous, not sure why.  Maybe an upcoming migraine?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Awesome Scotty! good job on the back to backs!

LRB

Omnivore here so consider me vegetarian challenged.  Do you just skip meat?  So egg and dairy is ok?

Missed the great weather running this AM. Woke early ready but somehow missed my 'window' .  Will run this evening.

happylily

Step and LRB, your ideas are great! Wild rice and green beans almondine, or grilled asparagus depending on what looks best at the store, are yummy ideas and should be easy enough to make for even a clumsy cook like myself. I'm off to google the recipes for each dishes. Thanks!

7 easy miles done in what felt like tornado winds. I'll try to squeeze another 2 or 3 before our guests arrive tonight.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010