Beginners and Beyond

Wearing around your medal the day after a race (Read 118 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Amuse me.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

happylily

Hmmm. no! But I did wear my Boston marathon shirt two days in a row after the race. I looked like a canary. Yellow really doesn't suit me at all, but I didn't care. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My first HM medal yes or I tried but soon figured out it isn't made for that so I hung it from my rearview mirror for a day and still will for a day or two if I am really proud of it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

I take mine off before I clear the finish area.

For realz?

I can't think of a scenario where you could pull this off. Walking around town? At work? At home? From the finish line till you walk in the front door of your house is about it. And only because it's easier than carrying it.

The shirt? OK. Because it's, you know, a shirt, and you would be wearing one anyway. Unless you wore it somewhere you would not normally wear a t-shirt.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I see people at Disney walking the parks with the medals after the race.  Other than that, I cannot imagine doing it elsewhere.  Hmmm, I have my medals here, should I wear one to the office today?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Love the Half

I'm with Dave.  I wear mine until I get home and then it goes on the hanger.  I did wear my Boston shirt to work on Boston day this year and I will again next year.  Then again, I have a job where no one will really question the propriety of doing so.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Docket_Rocket

I have a coworker who came to work wearing red pajamas once because she wanted to wear red the day of the Christmas party so wearing a medal has to be less unprofessional than that, no?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I have a coworker who came to work wearing red pajamas once because she wanted to wear red the day of the Christmas party so wearing a medal has to be less unprofessional than that, no?

That is not the person you want to use to set your standards of professionalism.

Dave

onemile

No. Sometimes I wear the shirt if I like it (but certainly not to work!)

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

No, they go straight home and on the Christmas tree.  

You people have issues 

happylily

I wear pyjamas (you say pajamas, I say pyjamas ) at work, for the Christmas party, every year. And so do all my co-workers. Of course, they're all pre-schoolers, but that's not the point. The point is that Christmas parties should be wild affairs.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

That is not the person you want to use to set your standards of professionalism.

And you are talking about the one that answered the phone, yelled HOLD ON JUDGE, and passed me through during a hearing.  No wonder there was silence in the courtroom when I answered the phone.

Since then, she is on a special project out of the public eye.  Ha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

For the record -- I vote "hell no."  I wear it home from the race (because then I don't have to carry it), and that's that.

But some of you do know why I'm asking this question, I'm sure. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

For the record -- I vote "hell no."  I wear it home from the race (because then I don't have to carry it), and that's that.

But some of you do know why I'm asking this question, I'm sure. 

Damaris

Fundraising Page