Beginners and Beyond

RR - Covenant Health Knoxville HM w/pics (Read 98 times)

SheCan

Great report, Jerry!  Congratulations to you and your DW for such a good debut HM race time.  It was really awesome that you could meet family there, and do it together.  Not being used to the hills, it sounds like you handled them very well.  Hopefully there'll be a bunch more HM's in your future!   Very super cool about the 91 year old setting a world record!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

It sounds like you picked a tough race for your first HM.  Just think.  You could have run in Chi Town with me.  Congratulations though.  Quick question.  Your finish times were only 1 second apart, but 3 people finished between the two of you.  How did that happen?  It must have looked like a conga line...lol  Anyway, I hope to run into you guys at a race at some point this year.  Great job!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

At first, I thought that was kind of weird that 3 people finished between us when there was no one near us, but anyone starting before/after and finishing before/after us could have the identical times.  It's the time, not the finishing order.

It sounds like you picked a tough race for your first HM.  Just think.  You could have run in Chi Town with me.  Congratulations though.  Quick question.  Your finish times were only 1 second apart, but 3 people finished between the two of you.  How did that happen?  It must have looked like a conga line...lol  Anyway, I hope to run into you guys at a race at some point this year.  Great job!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Unlikely, Mitch and Jimmy.  We are thinking of a fall HM, but no ides where.

Congrats to both of you. Are you doing the same one next year?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ha, I'm bragging about letting her win, Traci.

Knoxville is a very hilly town for sure.  Great job on your first half.  Does your wife brag about beating you by one sec?  Big grin

dawgintn

I also ran this race.   Was my first half.   Only got 2 decent months of training in, coming back from a bad it band injury.   Was  a very hilly course, was shooting for under 2 hours.    Ran a 1:47:34.  8:13 pace.  I would have PR in the 8k and 10k during the race. Shock myself a little.  Now its time to up the mile and really get some good training in.

2012   Mile PR 5:27  5k 22:17  8k 41:42  10k   53:29.   HM  1:47:34

camille2

Congrats to you and your wife!  Awesome first race on such a hilly course. I'm sure you were just  being a gentleman letting ladies go first. Smile

Congrats to you, too, Dawg.

LRB

A refreshing story about people.  That gets lost sometimes in this day and age.

Nice job!

Zelanie

Oh, that makes sense!  I was wondering about that myself.

At first, I thought that was kind of weird that 3 people finished between us when there was no one near us, but anyone starting before/after and finishing before/after us could have the identical times.  It's the time, not the finishing order.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congratulations on your first Half!!! You and DW did awesome! Can't wait to see the pics when you figure out how to get them up.

For a fall half you should do Baltimore Smile. I know there are a few people on my Lucky Legs miles game team that are doing it.... I am doing it... don't know who else but it is on 10/12. Will be my first half!! I hear it's hilly though so if you're looking for flat may not be the one for you.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

CONGRATULATIONS, JERRY and your DW!!!!

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Philliefan33

Congrats Jerry and Mrs. Jerry!  I'd love to see some pictures....

Bin Running

Congrats to you both. Your training at the crowded track paid off.

So envy you could run with DW. It's a memory to Keep.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

B-Plus

Congrats to you and DW. It sounds and looks like everybody had a great time.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Awesome stuff!  That must have been really nice to share the experience together like you did.  Keep up the good work.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn