Beginners and Beyond

Wanderlust weekend penguins (Read 18 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!).

PADRunner

Morning, 4 more done.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning PAD and Pens.

We are also planning 4 this morning.  70DP will make it another run/walk.

Good luck Scott, Jack and any other racers.

Have a great weekend !!!

tracilynn

Morning penguins

4 is trending

I just did 4 too.  icing my shins.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles tonight.  My husband gave me his cold, bah.

PAD, nice 4.

Jerry, enjoy the 4.

Traci, 4 is trending.  Enjoy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

on my way to badass

10 done this morning in the flatlands. I wish 4 was trending. Good morning Penguins!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Zelanie

10 is the new 4.  I will be running 10 after my weight watchers meeting today.  First meeting back since Costa Rica- probably about time for me to have to weigh in, because this first week home has been a tough one!

PAD- Thanks for the pic in the opener.  I might have to remind myself of just that!

Jerry- Enjoy the run/walk

Traci- How are the shins feeling?

D- Enjoy the 4 + 2

SF- Nice miles!

Ginny- School starts for the kids the Tuesday after labor day.  Teachers are "officially" back this coming Monday.  I bet it will feel so good to be home!  What I've noticed is that I was away for long enough that I didn't really have systems any more for things like where to keep my keys, what to grab on the way out of the door, etc.  I am definitely still adjusting!

tracilynn

Shins are feeling good so far but I'm really just starting to run more consistently. Just icing as precaution. Wearing compression sleeves most nights too. We will see what happens. If my splints come back they will be back in another month or so.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Good.  I was just thinking I had read about you icing before and wanted to make sure you were still feeling good!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Stopped at 3.5.  Walked a little after 2.  Everyone was out early this morning on the bike path, including a big group of seniors walking with poles.  I guess that keeps the bikes on the right side of the path.

Sorry about the cold, D.

Bin Running

RD but spend many hours on feet. Queued 2.5h for DS to get his face painted at a kite fair. Things parents do for children.

Will be doing LR tmr. Not sure if I'm up for it.

Traci, finger crossed abt the SS.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Robert31320

Team TJ

10.4 for me.  That's my highest in quite a long time and I can tell it right now.  Actually, it hurts so good!

Traci, keep them shins straight.

have a great weekend everyone.  Sunday is a RD for me.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Brilliant

Good morning, Penguins!

Damaris, I hope your cold is a quick & easy one.  I still have lingering coughing from mine, grrr.

PAD, Traci, Jerry, & Robert - nice running this morning!  Keeping my fingers crossed for your shins, Traci.

Zelanie, glad you are back and adjusting. Smile

I ran 11.7, my longest run since the LA Marathon in March. I'm a little stiff right now. Smile  But what Robert said - it still feels good.   The run was mostly easy, but clouds burned off toward the end, so the last couple of miles were harder with the sun beating down on me.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Nice long runs Robert and Brilliant.  Hope the Hurt so good doesn't last too long.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did the 'ice bucket challenge for ALS" after my race this morning, and just before the awards ceremony.    My report, photos, and video of participating in my 48th race of the year is at this link below.

I think it's nap time now.   

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/506bcdbcdc3e44b39c80351a67f298e1#focus

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt