Beginners and Beyond

Marine Corps Marathon 2013 - Who's In? (Read 72 times)

Mostly harmless

It took me an hour and 45 minutes but I am registered!  Who else got in?

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Docket_Rocket

It took me one hour and 15 minutes.  In!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

1:20 min. For me

Signed up DW - maybe. I clicked submit and got kicked out. My credit card was charged twice. So who knows. I never got her confirmation screen.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

I would just reload that page.  Hope you get one.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

It's full.  2:27pm.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Full already? Wow. Congrats and good luck to everyone that made it!

(now if we could just get Chicago to take lessons from them...)

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Docket_Rocket

They were both cluster fucks on active.com.  None of them were managed well (registration, I mean).

Full already? Wow. Congrats and good luck to everyone that made it!

(now if we could just get Chicago to take lessons from them...)

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Mostly harmless

Yeah, I think MCM needs to move to a lottery system to make it fair for everyone.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

ry8564

Yeah, I think MCM needs to move to a lottery system to make it fair for everyone.

They used to have a lottery system and then went to open registration, maybe 5 years ago? maybe longer? I don't ever remember an explanation for moving away from a lottery.

Docket_Rocket

I prefer the first come, first serve marathon registration option but you need a system that works, not something that will crash 1 minute after registration opened!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Better I Leave

Must be a pretty popular race, yeah?

1 hour 20 minutes for me. It really was frustrating. It hung on the final screen, but about 5 minutes later it told me I was in. I'm so excited.

If you didn't get in, a lot of people sell their bibs. Check the MCM Facebook page through the spring and summer, and you'll see dozens of bibs for sale.  It is a wonderful huge megamarathon.  I ran it last year, and have no regrets.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

You can still get in by joining one of the Charity groups like the SemperFi Fund. You don't have to raise much money. Used to be if you ran it four times you are automatically entered if you want to run it again. Not sure if that's still true. They went to 38 k runners as well. There used to be an 18k limit. It is a great race!! I have done it twice. I hope to run it again, but not sure if I'll have the time this year to do it. It sells out crazy fast!!! you figure at 50k people or more are trying to register on line at pretty much the same time and that equals system over load. Thus the delay in getting the site to open. But there is always a way to get in, bibs for sale or charity events. They always give out gret finishing medals and of course the Marines do a fantastic job ensuring that everything goes smoothly on race day.