Beginners and Beyond

Boston Marathon 2013 - Fuzzy's Race Report (Read 147 times)

Dreamn

Congrats!  Another awesome RR and an amazing finish time.  I think you may have some of the best race photos that I've ever seen.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Best race photo ever..... EVER.   You inspire the less talented runners like myself.  TY for you detailed report, I could only dream that one day it could be me.

This is a fabulous RR. Thank you so much for sharing. And congratulations!

Zentastic

Chasing Rainbows

Great race report!  Congratulations on achieving your sub-3 goal!

The obstacle is the path. - Zen proverb

B-Plus

Those there really great photos Fuzzy. Congrats on the sub-3. I'm going to read this later today.

hog4life

I read every single word on the first go. Thank you so much for sharing this great report. I honestly felt like I was there with you. Your pictures are fabulous to say the least. I am a few years older than you and will never qualify for Boston. Hell, I haven't even run a full yet, but am planning to in December. If that goes well, maybe I can get in on a charity or something. It truly sounds like the experience of a life time. Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

LRB

Great story and commentary, well worth the wait!  And to think, you were running in Asia a few weeks ago!

You are the man, man!

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

You nailed this race.  Huge congratulations!  Great pictures and write up too.

You people have issues 

Love the Half

Great read, great pics, and a wonderful example of someone thinking his way through a race.  I'm glad you met your goal in Boston and I'll see in November if I can join you in the sub 3 club.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Goorun

Great RR Fuzzy, I read every word. Same as Lily's RR, it's refreshing my memory and bringing me to a happy place in Boston. Your pacing, especially for that course was fantastic. I envy your race pics. In mines, there is always, for some reason, this really old guy.Wink

It was great to meet you, but we need to organize a better FE next year with all of us, who will be there.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Ms Chenandler Bong

Unbelievable!  You had an epic race, that is so cool.  So happy that you hit your A goal, even with the potty break PR.

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

Thanks everyone. I just wanted to make sure and capture that day and how I felt.

Goo - you're right. Next year we get better organized for an FE.

LtH - No doubt you'll get your sub-3. Can't wait for the RR.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

amazing RR, congrats on the sub-3!  You are right, the day was overshadowed, but we'll remember both the sadness and the joy.

and I guess the secret to great race pics is running bloody fast with good form.  Wink

B-Plus

Thank for writing this Fuzzy and giving me a warm perspective of that day. I didn't watch the race or have a chance to really follow the stalking, so my first news of Boston was the other part.

I like how you took us through the entire weekend leading up the the race. It brings back nervous memories for me of the days leading to the start. But you write such a great report that you had me calmed by the time you got to the start line since you are a man who had a solid plan ... and you executed it perfectly. You and the other runners have really inspired me to go back ... so I will try.

Congrats again on the PR and achieving your goal of sub-3 at the Boston Marathon!

Wow, what a surreal experience for you, reaching your sub3 goal, and then having to endure the aftermath of the bombings.  Congrats on your accomplishment, despite the tragedy.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.