Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES will succeed where all others have failed (Read 45 times)

LRB

Well, at least that's what we hope!

LRB

What up doe crew!

The weekend was a blast but Monday means it's back to reality.  Mine will start with one of my all time favorite exercises, dead lifts.  Oh yeah baby, I get down like that!

How are you gonna kick off the week?

SRD. First day back to work after a week's vacation will be enough stress on my system.

Dave

Good morning, people.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy deadlifting.

DaveP MI, have a pleasant rest day.

I'm pressed for time this morning, so I did a slow mile on the TM, at 5.4mph (11:06) and the incline set to 5.0. I also did push-ups.

I'll do 2.20 miles outside with the mask during my break this afternoon. I'll do 10.0 on the TM after work.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

5 easy done this morning, now it's coffee and then off to work.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  Nothing like getting to work Monday morning and get bombarded with work.  Not how Monday should begin...it needs to be eased into.

Well I feel like I was hit by a truck this morning.  Cripes, it was only a 10K race yesterday.      Getting older, man...getting older.

Easy and flat run planned after work today.  Might be the only day this week it doesn't rain.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

LRB - I can see the legs now ... mmmhmmm.
                Basya - I bet you get some interesting looks running with the mask outdoors!
                Phil - Those sore muscles were earned. I usually have more muscle pain (DOMS) after shorter faster races than after marathons.
                DaveP - Enjoy the SRD. Work? You're on your own there.

D2 - Nice early miles.

Another rest day for me, though I will probably do our martial arts workout at about 75% intensity. It should be good for loosening up the hips.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! It's raining cats and dogs here. It's supposed to rain all through the day too. Hopefully it gets it out of it's system and dries up in a little less than two weeks before people do some racing around here.

3 Easy miles on the TM this morning. It went quick. This week starts my taper, although I have been stepping back mileage for two weeks already.

Yesterday I took DD to 4 open (new) houses. Boy, it really seems like you just pay for the new, not the quality, or even size. I was thinking - hey, it's cheap to add space. Sure doesn't feel that way. It's making me just either want to build custom or buy a house in my current neighborhood.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Ran 9 miles this morning due to the weather. It was already 82F at 4am so the day promises to be an idiot.

At the asthma doctor.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hey guys.  I spent the weekend in the woods with 27 teenagers.  We had an overnight orientation for the Costa Rica trip.  It went well, but not exactly relaxing.  I'm glad I didn't have the added stress of trying to fit miles in, because there was no downtime at all.

Today looks like work, then dentist, then a late meeting.  But if it's at all possible I would really like to run.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Yesterday put 3 miles on the hamster wheel after replacing my treadmill's deck.  I dunno what happened but the top lamination surface was cracking in spots and making a sizzling sound.  I could run a little to the right but the sound was annoying and I knew I had to take a look at it.  I assumed the deck was just dry but when I went to lube it I felt the cracks. (ugh).

I had rec'd a replacement deck already when a new deck was the wrong solution for fixing a "click" sound that turned out to be a loose bolt.  (decks have lifetime warranty by Sole)  So I grabbed the new deck out of the box in the garage, removed these weird belt-centering brackets, reinstalled them on the new deck (no pre-drilled holes so had to take my time here and measure twice/cut once) and installed the new deck.  Lubed it up & had a nice quiet run yesterday......aaaaaaahhhh!!!

Is it really Monday already??? 

Pics of cracked deck.....

Randy

LRB

I would've needed the rest of the day off after fixing that so my run would have come today.  lol

StepbyStep-SH

The MarathonFoto people were positively swarming around my race Saturday and actually came up with a few good shots - even a couple of floaters - but when the cheapest option is $18 for a single 5x7 print, and downloads start at $25, I simply cannot justify it. Maybe if I someday manage a BQ time and get a finish line photo with the time in the picture, or photos from Boston, but not for this.
                            So, if anyone wants to see what I look like running - feel free to click here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

meaghansketch

Got out the door today but was just achy all over so I turned back after less than a minute... yesterday's 9 at MP took a bit more of a toll than I thought.  Will try for a few easy miles tonight.

On a completely unrelated note, I definitely should not be googling winter marathons.

LRB

Busy day on the east side dayum!  Time to put some food in my belly.