Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES - Even Animals Want To Party Like Us (Read 227 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!                 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

IB2P!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Ha! IB2P = in before 2nd post!

Morning, LRB! Morning, Dailies!

Looks like the party animals are still up - well, some of them!

Off to work again this morning, but I'm taking my running cloths with me. I might be able to get a run in the park before it gets dark.

Ordered me up a new computer yesterday - a Dell 8500 with all kinds of horsepower. Can't wait to get it all loaded up with software - it should scream through image editing.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Off to West Palm Beach.  I'm sleepy and I need coffee!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

LRB, is that a pictorial of a normal day for you? Smile

Heading out in a bit for 8 with my running group. 7.72 will mark 1,000 miles for 2012. Plus I get to wear my new sweet hot pink tights.

StepbyStep-SH

And I thought I was up early this morning!

Alarm woke me from the middle of some dream - all I remember about it is that it was as though I were reading a book about somebody complaining about the jobs they had when they were younger. And one of the jobs was working in a car wash. Weird.

Back out onto a bit of fresh snow again today. This time I'm shooting for at least 12 miles. A friend is going to join me for the last 3 miles, and then for coffee after.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Off for 17 trail miles in what is likely to be snowy conditions with snow already down. It should be interesting, and hopefully in a good way - especially if I'm up early for it! Have a good day everyone.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

flarunner

Mornin' Daily Peeps!

Tommy Tom - Hope you get that run in tonight. And have fun rockin' the new 'puter.

D - Have a good time in West Palm. Say hi to all the rich folks for me.

April - Pink tights! You go girl! Work it!

Step - 12 miles in the snow. You rock! And no I am so not jealous at all. Wink

SIAR - Have a good trail run - be safe in the snow.

LRB - Honey, do we need to have a little chit-chat about your friends? Wink

AFM: 13 miles in warm, humid stuff. The temps climbed 25 degrees in one day. Up from 44* yesterday morning to 69* this morning. And the humidity. You know how when you pass a sprinkler and you can see the water droplets/vapor drift across the street in the breeze? Yeah, that's what it looked like for the entire 13 miles. But hey, it wasn't snowing or sleeting or anywhere close to single digits, so I'm happy.

Y'all take care and have a great day and weekend!

@runjerseygirl

First things first:

I finally got my Garmin connected, and was able to get my run info.  Not too shabby.

5 miles/51:46/10:21 pace

Splits:

11:10/10:39/10:13/10:07/9:38

Last half mile fueled by Bruno Mars.  Love him!

Do you even run?

Good morning everyone, i am so happy for saturday!

Had breakfast and Two cups of coffe for me, now heading to the gYm. Did 5.5 miles last night  and hope to do 3 fast ones today.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

delicate flower

WHAT YA SAY, SATUR-DAY!  HEY HEY HEY!  Got to get a bunch of errands to get done this morning before snow arrives.  Easy 5-7 miles later.

Hammered on the treadmill for 9 miles last night...fastest workout yet (7:13 avg pace).  Recovery effort today.  I slept like a rock last night.

I have the next four days off.  Glorious.

<3

not lazy, just tired

Morning everyone! In a little while I'm going out to do my first run this week. Bad, I know, other stuff just got in the way. Went skiing in the snowstorm day before yesterday. My neck is still sore from my superman style fall - hit a ridge of snow I didn't see, both skis popped off, I went airborne and landed on my stomach and slid. When I got up and looked back, there were my skis, side by side, looking like I'd just put them down there. oops.

Blush

Not if it makes sense.

Docket_Rocket

Streak of no albuterol is over, bah.  i felt off even before the race started.  But for the asthma attack, I would've PRd.  oh, well.  At least my Bad Ass socks got a lot of attention.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

LRB - Honey, do we need to have a little chit-chat about your friends? Wink

Yeah, you're right.  I should've invited the Tequila drinking cat!  Big grin

Tom, I'll take tomorrow off.

Kay, me appreciates the coffee.  Nice socks by the way!

April, it sure seems that way, doesn't it!

Boon, that's a 1:35:00 half marathon!  Shocked

SLD, enjoy your run.

D, sorry to hear about that.

Wassup everyone else!

Me, I'll be heading to the gym here soon for 4 easy on the treadmill.  First things first though; Kay's coffee....