Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES - Even Animals Want To Party Like Us (Read 227 times)

LRB

I ran 22 miles on a TM last Sunday, without stopping once, and with no TV. The track today was nothing for my crazy mind. Big grin

I have run two hours on the tread (before I became a runner ironically) multiple times, and have run 32 laps on the track multiple times as well (I think it was 32, I kept losing count so it could have been 42! Wink) so maybe you can call me baby lily!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I have run two hours on the tread (before I became a runner ironically) multiple times, and have run 32 laps on the track multiple times as well (I think it was 32, I kept losing count so it could have been 42! Wink) so maybe you can call me baby lily!

Not to be confused with, "You can call me baby, Lily."

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

@runjerseygirl

LMAO!  That was funny!

Do you even run?

LRB

Nice!

Good work on the run, and way to nut up and get down into the cold snow.  I have none by the way.  Brr!

YAYpril - B-Plus

I ran my 8 this morning with one of my RPs. Mile 7.72 marked 1,000 miles for the year so I fist-pumped and said "a thousand freakin miles!" then I ate a delicious breakfast with my favorite people in the world.

Docket_Rocket

Ouch....

I did the Pfitz' 18 miles with 14 @ MP on the TM.  It was hard!  The only highlight of the day is that I accidentally went sub-2 at the HM point, which I could never replicate here outside.

I ran 22 miles on a TM last Sunday, without stopping once, and with no TV. The track today was nothing for my crazy mind. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

No.  Unless it's the Summer.  I usually take huge breaks from racing between May and September.  The rest is race race race.  I don't consider 5Ks, 5 milers, or 10Ks fun so unless I can race without asthma attacks and attempt a PR, I don't like them.  They do serve a purpose so if I can use them as speedwork, I will.  But ask me again next week.  I said this in April and signed up for 4 more soon thereafter.

Reporting back from my run...no falls, and I'm in one piece, so a total success!  The route ended up being right at 16 miles, and covered 1,816 ft. of elevation gain.  Surprisingly, the pack up front that I was running with ran a 10:20 pace.  For most of the run, the snow was up above our ankles, so that was really fast.  It also snowed steadily the whole run, which made everything really pretty.  We crossed over 6 streams that you just had to run right through too.  Crazy stuff!  Plus, runners all brought food that was sent to support a group home for wounded warriors - very nice.

We did stop at the 3 waterfalls along the way (it's called the Waterfall Run) and took some group pictures too.  I'd say I ran with a group that ranged from 10-20 runners, but overall there were about 200 people.  We even ran across the bottom of a ski resort at one point - pretty funny stuff.  My favorite part was at the end of the run, just stripping down to my compression shorts and sitting in the snow for 15 minutes to recover.  I was shivering like crazy, but tolerated it pretty well for me.  Considering that my groin felt a little tweaky on the run but feels totally fine now, I'd say it was worth it.

Lily....Whoa, girl!  That's nutty stuff.  Did you switch up the directions?

Kay...Thanks for sharing what the article was about - I was too lazy to read it.  I get it now, but I hope that social commentary remains a statement for very few women!  Ow.

LRB...nice work on the run.  I'm with ya...let 'em stare, so long as you're getting better or healthier.

Sparker...tough time of year to really lay the hammer down.  Good job sticking with it though.

Docket...Would you race a little less if you dropped 5ks, given the added recovery time from longer races?  Not you, right?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Got in 6.55 miles at recovery effort.  9:11 pace.  It was snowing pretty good and that was bothering my vision more than my footing.  That, and I was battling that bacon cheeseburger with fries that I had for lunch.  *burp*....UGH.  Still a nice, easy run and I was happy to find enough shoveled sidewalks to do the run outdoors.  weRd

Edit:  This jacket rules.

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

Great run, Phil!

Since we're sharing pics, here's my cool new outfit:

Docket_Rocket

Nice pics, both of you.  I'm jealous of Phil and his snow.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

It's snowing a bunch here now. I was hoping it would snow on us since the winter weather advisory started at 6am, but noooo. It had to wait until we were at the diner eating breakfast.

delicate flower

Great run, Phil!

Since we're sharing pics, here's my cool new outfit:

Cool outfit!  So colorful!   I wore brand spankin new thermal pants and compression shorts today too, courtesy of my Christmas gift cards from runningwarehouse.  Big grin  HOORAY NEW STUFF!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Something we can be sure of is that, knowing my husband, I will never get to run in thermal tights because we'll never move to a cold place.  Boo.  I think I would love it.

What shoes are those, April?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

I LOVE NEW STUFF. The tights were a gift from my aunt. She said "I may have taken a risk with these... if you don't like them let me know." I opened the box and said "OH I LOVE THEM SO MUCH."

D, they're Mizuno Wave Rider 15's. They were an impulse buy on Runningwarehouse because they were on sale, and I freaking love them. Plus, they're purple!

Docket_Rocket

I have two pairs of those but not the purples.  I have the red (men's ones) and the yellow.  Love them but love the 16s more!

I also love new stuff.  Which is why I get them as much as I can. Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page