Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins - It's Time To Turn Oxygen Into Carbon Dioxide! (Read 28 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

LRB

What up doe Pens!

Nice title, I am hoping to do just that.  Hope everyone has a great day!

PADRunner

Morning all!

Gym this morning to generate some CO2 and a 5k tonight where I'll probably be generating some crystallized CO2.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

'Morning.   Short run planned, but DW wants to wait until it warms up. I think the current 24F IS the high for today.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Planning on doing my longest non-hubby run since the double.  7+ miles tonight.

Gustav, morning!

PAD, LOL.

LRB, yo!

Jerry, enjoy the short run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

4M w/ 5x100 strides. Loved the title.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

In Delaware this weekend with a few of my closest girlfriends who I only get to see a few times a year. Staying with my friend who just bought a house in Wilmington with her husband. Her husband is a very fast runner (has run 14 marathons including several Bostons....PR is 3:01) and he volunteered to take me on a run in their local park. He didn't seem to mind my pace even though I felt a little embarrassed by making him run so slow. Ran 7.34 hilly, windy miles at an 11:08 pace (which is a bit faster than my usual easy pace actually) and enjoyed talking sports and running with him the whole time. Now off to a winery with the ladies!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

SheCan

Hey ya LRB!  Nice to see you here today! Smile

PAD-- you have a race tonight?

Jerry-- oh my, I don't blame your wife for wanting to wait.  Dang @ 24.  You should bring her to the gym.

Morning Docket!   Hope you're having a great day.

Bin-- great job.  How are you doing with the taper?

kristin-- what a nice run you must have had.  Enjoy your girls weekend.  Love weekends like that.

Only have 3 easy miles to do today.  Was sprinkling earlier.  Still windy, but nothing like yesterday, so I just need to make myself do it.

Scotty and everyone else having races this weekend: GOOD LUCK!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

LRB: What up!?

She Can: If I can go out and do 10, you can do 3. DO IT!!!  Wink

As for me, I'm out the door for a 10 miler, nice and easy. Good news and bad news: The good news is that a new micro brewery opened  close to home. The bad news is a new micro brewery opened close to home and I have a slight headache.

Have a good day.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6 miles done.  Temp dropped to 23 while we were running not to mention a 20 mph north wind.  Saw only 3 runners the whole run.  Glad I wore the balaclava today.  10F forecast for tomorrow.  Now its time for football. Between me, DD's and SIL, our schools have won zero conference games this year.

Good luck racers.

SheCan

6 miles done.  Temp dropped to 23 while we were running not to mention a 20 mph north wind.  Saw only 3 runners the whole run.  Glad I wore the balaclava today.  10F forecast for tomorrow.  

YOu make me feel like a total wimp, Jerry.  Once it started raining I came on home at 2.75, D'oh!

She Can: If I can go out and do 10, you can do 3. DO IT!!!  Wink

As for me, I'm out the door for a 10 miler, nice and easy. Good news and bad news: The good news is that a new micro brewery opened  close to home. The bad news is a new micro brewery opened close to home and I have a slight headache.

But you can do ANYTHING, Jack!!!!!

Doesn't beer cure headaches?  I'm pretty sure it does; you should try it. Joking

GOOOOOOoooo Zelanie!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

PADRunner

PAD-- you have a race tonight?

Yes, it's the Sneak-a-Peek 5K through Christmas light displays at the lake. They have a light tunnel about 100 yds long that is really neat to run through. It opens to the public for driving after Thanksgiving.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: LMAO!!  You are funny. The headache is gone. Perhaps I will try your remedy another time.

PAD: That sounds fun. Maybe you can get a picture of the tunnel? Good luck and have fun.

10 miles done. Now it is time to pack and off we go to Zion. My last big run, 16 miles is also tomorrow, so I might have to get up extra early to get it in.

Enjoy the weekend.

Zelanie

Hi everyone. I just got my number for tomorrow. They were really organized and had the porta potties set up, good sign. Now I am getting some lunch and then I will have to decide whether to buy arm warmers. I think I probably won't, it will be cold enough for my yellow half-zip with a sweatshirt over for the start.

on my way to badass

Afternoon Penguins!

It seems like a jolly group today.  Good luck to all todays racers.

It was a nice day today, about 33F.  Windy, but sunny.  I finished my run and it started getting dark.  It started snowing and the grass is already mostly covered.

I did 5 miles for the first time.  The last mile felt the best.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28