Beginners and Beyond

getting old workouts to Running Ahead (Read 409 times)

runfoolery

haha i guess that is : \ Undecided

So I guess those files are how SportTracks 2.0 tracked the imports. The path I listed is how Garmin tracks its uploads into Garmin Connect or Garmin Training center,and SportTracks uses that same interface.

You know version 3.0 has been out for a while right? Smile

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I heard you couldn't track more than a few pairs of shoes with the free version of 3.0.  Is that true?  If so, that would be a major problem for me Wink

Running is dumb.

runfoolery

MM, yeah I think the limit is 2. Haha. I just gave in and paid the money, I wanted to be able to get more than 2 of the cool plugins too.  Sounds like you are smarter with your money though Smile

No more marathons

Mandy,

Yes!

1) You first have to export from SportTracks. - Easiest way might be to Select View -> Activity Report, then click on Total at the bottom of the activity list. Then click on Export under the Activity Report menu area, and choose Fitness Log  (.fitlog)

2) zip the resulting file

3) Upload the zip file in the running ahead log tool

4) It should eventually give you the same list of activities you have to save all for

runfoolery - thanks for the tips - I was able to save zip files from both Garmin Training and from SportTracks, but when I tried to upload to RA I got an error message that the upload had failed.  Tried several times for each - same result.  Both of the orginal files are larger then 20GB but the zip files are both much smaller.  Any ideas what to do next?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

For people with issues uploading sporttracks, I also had issues trying to upload my log a few months ago.  

If you have several years worth of data as I did, I found that breaking the files up by year made them more manageable.

So in Sporttracks, go to Select View-> Activity reports

Highlight the dates you want to export in the table.

Under the activity reports tab at the left, click export, and select fitness log.

Save the fitlog file to your computer, then zip (compress) the file.

Upload zipped file to RA.

A few minutes after uploading, you should see a list of all the records on the RA page, and saving them will add them to your RA log.

It looks like there may be other ways to approach it, but this worked for me.  Hope this helps.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

runfoolery

Wow, those are huge files for just a few years of a single runner's data. Must be one inefficient file format

sugnim

Anyone know how to import from flotracker?

kettledrum

Thanks runfoolery!  This BF lurker was able to get data imported from Sportstracks with your instructions Smile

runfoolery

Don't forget, Eric set up a support thread for us in this user group, and there is already a tech support forum in the main boards, too!

runfoolery

Thanks runfoolery!  This BF lurker was able to get data imported from Sportstracks with your instructions Smile

Glad it helped!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Does anyone know how to get past workouts from the Garmin Connect site to here?  There is something in the lower right corner of the Garmin site that says "Export to CSV."  I have no idea what that means and when I tried it, the file was not saved in the proper format for RA.

not lazy, just tired

Jack, I got this message from Eric about importing from Garmin Connect. Worked like a charm.

Hi stupidlazydog,

Please go to the following page to import your data from Garmin Connect.  Depending on the amount of data, it may take many minutes to complete.  You will need to go to the import page to view the workouts once the migration is complete.  If everything looks good, click the "Save All" button at the bottom of the page to move the workouts into your log.  Make sure you delete any manually entered workouts first to prevent duplicates.

https://www.runningahead.com/logs/a9141c068fe5421691b5f8a6d20600af/tools/migrate

Not if it makes sense.

an amazing likeness

Does anyone know how to get past workouts from the Garmin Connect site to here?  There is something in the lower right corner of the Garmin site that says "Export to CSV."  I have no idea what that means and when I tried it, the file was not saved in the proper format for RA.

To move all the detail for a single workout, typically you'd open the 'activity' (in Garmin-speak), select the Export option on the Garmin Connect toolbar and save as either GPX of TCX file.  The in RA log, Upload Data -> From File.

This doesn't speak to moving your running history, but there's no reason you can't upload from your Garmin to both Garmin Connect and RA. Each site will separately track which uploads it has already imported from your device.  Just upload to one, then then other...assuming you want to keep both active. Much easier than moving files around.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

MilTruck: That worked, but I have many workouts on the Connect site and moving them one at a time will take days.

SLD: That is the training log page, correct? I didn't see anything about importing from Garmin Connect. I know how to get them from my watch to here, but I need help getting months of runs from the Garmin Connect site to here.

Canuck

Jack, I imported my data from Garmin Connect using that page SLD posted and it worked like a charm.  You can see my log if you like, I now have several years data in there, all laid out in pretty colors.  One issue I did have is that when I clicked the link, it just took me to the tools page, so I had to manually type the /migrate part into the url and then it directed me to page which asked for my Garmin Connect id and password.  It takes a bit of time to upload, but once it is uploaded, it is in the import section of your training log and you have to save it all.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)