Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies - 'nuff said (Read 49 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I'm up, and I'm going running. Color me excited bah. 4xmiles at circa 10k pace, plus 3 easy on either side.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning SIAR and everyone.

I'm off to run myself.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles tonight, maybe a hubby run too.

SIAR, I am not awake.  Bring coffee.

Marjorie, go run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Run schmun, I'm off today.

I woke up from a deep sleep at 2:09, then tossed and turn the rest of the night.  Color me pissed.

Where the #$%^ is my coffee?  Grr.

delicate flower

'Morning and HAPPY MONDAY!  Good weekend with DW doing a whole lot of nothing.  Ran both days, biked yesterday, ate a lot, slept a lot, restocked the house food supply.  A successful weekend.

Last week was a whole lot of treadmill.  We finally get some normal weather back this week and I'm looking at an OUTDOOR run this afternoon.  Color me looking forward to it.

<3

Hip Redux

Guten morgen.    [We traveled in Vienna and "Guten morgen/guten tag" and "Verboten!" were the two phrases I remember.   They both come in handy.]

I just finished my eggs and sausages and working on my coffee before I drag my ass to work.

The good news is I had a successful bike ride yesterday.  The bad news is I still can't run.   So I guess I should get going with a professional opinion seeing as how I'm on week two...

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Jeopardy Answer: Alec Trebek…da da da da….da ….da da… da da!

Question:  Whose birthday is it today?

July 22 is Hammock Day and Rat-Catcher’s Day!

catching mice cartoons, catching mice cartoon, catching mice picture, catching mice pictures, catching mice image, catching mice images, catching mice illustration, catching mice illustrations

catching mice cartoons, catching mice cartoon, catching mice picture, catching mice pictures, catching mice image, catching mice images, catching mice illustration, catching mice illustrations

hammock cartoons, hammock cartoon, hammock picture, hammock pictures, hammock image, hammock images, hammock illustration, hammock illustrations

hammock cartoons, hammock cartoon, hammock picture, hammock pictures, hammock image, hammock images, hammock illustration, hammock illustrations

Mouse jokes….

What do you call a mouse with no balls?

Optical!

What does a twelve-pound mouse say to a cat?
                  'Here Kitty, kitty, kitty'!

What are crisp, like milk and go 'eek, eek, eek' when you eat them?
                  Mice Krispies!

Who was the king of all the mice?
                  Mouse Tse Tung!

Where does a mouse keep his boat?

At the Hickory Dickory Dock

A man in a movie theater notices what looks like a mouse sitting next to him.
                  "Are you a mouse?" asked the man, surprised.
                  "Yes."
                  "What are you doing at the movies?"
                  The mouse replied, "Well, I liked the book."

Random Animal jokes…

How do you make goldfish old?

Take away the ‘g’

What has 4 legs and goes “Oom Oom!”?

A cow walking backwards

What do you get when you cross an ape and a sheep?

A baaaaaboon

What do you call a bear with no teeth?

A gummy bear

Why are some dogs like a telephone?

They have collar I.D.

How did the dog stop the video?

He stepped on the paws button

How did Noah check on the Ark animals at night?

Flood lights

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Saturday, I did complete Race #43 for the year:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/4dcd3e3180e04e73905aa984002cf561/resume#focus

Non-running day today.  I may go to the gym after work and do a weight-training circuit . I have been misbehaving in that area and have not done my circuit now for about 3 weeks. Bad dog!

SIAR and Marjorie, hope your runs went well!  Marjorie, did you call that 1-800-number?  Wink  BTW, I am with you on the season thing.  I moved to South Texas to get away from cold weather.  I hate snow and the cold!  Give me running days over 60 degrees every time!  When it starts dropping below 50 I start freezing!  Thankfully, in San Antonio area we get maybe 5 days the whole winter that the temp actually does go below freezing temp, and those days don't stick around very long.

Good luck with your miles later, Damaris.  How is the hubby feeling now? All ready to run again?

Sorry about the lack of sleep, LRB!  Better cut coffee out of your diet!  Joking

Enjoy the outdoor run, Phil!  Weekend sounds nice.

Sorry you still can't run, Oski, but congrats on your successful bike ride!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Scotty, I think he is about ready, but some shin pain is still around.  We'll see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning, everyone.

SIAR, thank you for rating today's thread. Enjoy your run.

Marjorie, have a pleasant run.

Damaris, have a great six-miler tonight.

Rick, enjoy your rest day.

Phil, yay for finally being able to comfortably take it outdoors.

Oski, yummy breakfast. I agree. Going into a second week of groin discomfort merits checking.

6.0 miles in 56:32.18. 9:26. 68F and 62F dewpoint. Still humid, but cooler. Running outdoors again felt nice.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR, thank you for rating today's thread. Enjoy your run.

Yep, I rate it an A+  Smile  Nice job on the outside run.

Scotty...Thanks for the morning humor.

I'm back from my interval session, which was pretty solid.  I did my 4xmile repeats with 400m recovery (6:04.8, 6:05.1, 6:02.3, 5:57.7).  They were supposed to be at 10k pace, which I'm hoping is actually going to be 5:55, but I'm trying not to "race" my workouts.  Total mileage was 10.79.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR, I am not awake.  Bring coffee.

I don't touch that devil's juice silly.  I wouldn't even know what to do with it or how to make it.

StepbyStep-SH

I think 18 miles may have been a bit too much yesterday - lots of things are sore this morning. A slow, 4.34 recovery miles in 44:45 (10:19 pace). I guess I'm just anxious to feel like I'm in "marathon mode" since my next one is only 6 weeks away. Shocked

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Runners!!

I can’t believe that’s it’s Monday already!   But, I am very happy to be back in my cube again – I’ve been travelling for work for the last few weeks, and it’s nice to be home!

SIAR – Hope you have a successful run!!   You are getting to be quite the early morning runner!!

Marjorie – How far did you go today?   I’m sure it was another double digit fiesta for you.

Damaris – Enjoy your hubby run later!!

LRB – I hate it when I have nights like that!!   I’d be pissed too!!   Have a wonderful “do nothing” day!!

Phil – Sounds like a fabulous weekend for you and MBC!   I hope that your outdoor run later feels phenomenal!!

Oski – Where’s my breakfast?   Congrats on the successful ride yesterday.   It’s not running, but at least it’s something you can do to stay active while you heal.   Sending you healing vibes!!

Scotty – Thanks for the laughs this morning!   I needed that!   Have fun with weight training this afternoon!!

Basya – Great run this morning!!   And, congrats on your recent race!!

Shari – Way to get the run in this morning even though you’re sore from yesterday’s awesome 18 miler!!   Have a great day!!

I’ve been slowly adding time to my runs.    I’m up to running for about 48 minutes at a time, and I managed a 20.4 mile week last week.   (insert dancing banana here)  Most of my runs have been on the hotel treadmill – with the heat outside, they weren’t as bad as I had feared the runs would be.   I ran outside Saturday and Sunday.   My tendon is kinda grumpy this morning.   I think that since the ground outside isn’t as soft and level as the TM, the tendon is having to work more when I run outside and it’s rebelling against that.   But, I vow that the rebellion will be squashed!!   Today is SRD, and hopefully by tomorrow, the tendon will be behaving.   PT this evening should help too.   I’ll be back at it early tomorrow.

Have a Pinklightful day!!   And, may your next run make you feel invincible!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.