Beginners and Beyond

Get Monday going (Read 49 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Really

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Word.

I have 6-7 miles and weights and on top of that, my chest is asthma congested.  Joy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. I'm at the airport. Flight is in a bit

Marjorie

happylily

Really, yo...

Total rest day, or 4 recovery miles. We'll see. I have 39 miles on schedule this week. I'm signed up for another marathon in 5 weeks. I'm on a quest for 25 before I turn half a century old. I'm must hurry! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I haven't checked in here in forever. Must get better! I have been running though....just closed out a 24.5 mile week, my highest of the year so far. I had a really really shitty 10K on Saturday, and trying to shake it off and move on. Really hoping to finally break that elusive 60 minute mark, but failed again. The hills got me. It was in Central Park, and included Harlem Hill most of the third mile. I was still pretty much on pace at the 5K mark (29Tight lippedx when my Garmin hit 3.1, 30:!4 official split from the timing mat, which was closer to 3.2 on my Garmin) but Harlem hill I guess took all my energy because when I hit the smaller West Side hills my pace fell apart. It was also 91% humidity. Oh well.

SRD today.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Is this the Monday dailies?  I can't tell since "dailies" is not mentioned in the thread title.  I guess I'll treat this as the dailies since LRB hasn't gotten off his lazy ass and started one yet.  Soooo...

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY MONDAY!!  I've got 7 miles planned after work.  Week 2 of taper is underway.  My legs had that taper feeling in yesterday's run (tired, heavy, sluggish) and I expect that again today.  I see that as a very good thing.  Temps will be in the mid-80's for my run today.  OK then!

<3

Good morning, everyone. Marjorie, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a pleasant rest day and a safe flight.

Damaris, have fun lifting and running.

Lily, enjoy whatever you do.

kristin10185, 91% humidity? WTH? Have a nice SRD.

Phil, have a great seven-miler.

I'll do 10.0 miles after work

Is this the Monday dailies?  I can't tell since "dailies" is not mentioned in the thread title. 

Ooh! Nice job cracking the code!

SRD.

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good morning, and Happy Monday, Dailies!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I'll be heading out shortly for a few miles. Shooting for 4, +/-. Might stretch it into 5 if I'm feeling good.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yes 91% humidity. The official description of the race on their website was "muggy slogfest" haha. It is in the 80s all week here. Ugh.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I'll call it a SRD, even though I don't have any plans. I think today I'll draw up my recovery plan for the next week and go from there. My next race is a 10k on the 4th of July. I am still waiting for my 3rd Ed. of Daniel's Running Formula to show up - maybe it will today. The initial plan is about a 3 week recovery, with a month of 10k specific training and then a one week taper. We'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Smile

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Ooh! Nice job cracking the code!

SRD.

Bahahaha.

I read Florida is having an inversion of warm air trapping all the pollution near the ground.  If I survive this week, it will be a miracle.  I hate my lungs.  No wonder my breathing went down to 52%.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Yes 91% humidity. The official description of the race on their website was "muggy slogfest" haha. It is in the 80s all week here. Ugh.

% of humidity is useless for running.  WHAT IS TEH DEWPOINT?

After all these years, you guys are still not paying attention to me!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Well we don't listen to our wives...why should we listen to you? 

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

That I don't know. I actually didn't find out til after that it was that humid. I overheated during the race and had to go to a water stop and pour some water over my head, down the back of my neck and on my wrists, and remember thinking it was odd and this felt more like the race that happened to me at the very humid 4th of July race last year, and that I shouldn't feel this shitty in May...and then I was told there was 91% humidity.