Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Are Going to The Cats (Read 64 times)

LRB

I have also caught my DDs cold...yay me!  

I've been fighting that stupid thing for going on ten days now!

Supp crew!

Mitch, enjoy the day off!

Basya, it's my duty!

Supp Flo, T-3, Beth, D, Sarah and April!

Lilac, sorry I missed ya yesterday!

Spark and Gus, thank goodness for the elliptical!

Scott, time to find a new employer lol!

Shari, Cats are cool, they can be too touchy feely though sometimes.  I always find myself sayin' stop touching me man.

Supp Jay!  We holding it down till your return.

Anna, you're getting into a groove!

Tom, your brother in laws brother?  Wouldn't that be your brother in law?   Big grin

runmomto3boys

Jay: I was wondering what happened with that race.  Sounds like the weather was pretty horrid!

Angela: Awesome job getting in the 5.1 before work!  Woot!!!!

Nightcrawler: Great job getting those 5 in in that weather!  Woohoo!

AmyK: What a long day at work!  I hope the run goes well!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good afternoon everyone.  I woke up to my legs feeling good, so I chose to do my double as a (quality, easy) day.  I did 11.49 miles total, with 4x6min at 10k pace (6:15, 6:15, 6:12, 6:11) pace with 3 minute easy pace recoveries.  The temp was 10 degrees when I headed out, so I guess I got one more day with more miles than degrees.  Even though I had ice all over my face when I was done, I wasn't cold at all, and with the faster intervals I really didn't notice the temps.  Tonight will just be 5 easy miles with the group from the running store.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

CrisRuns

4 miles.Outside. 8F, 11 MPH winds. I was well covered and I enjoyed it.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Step...I'm with your husband...tell that man to keep fighting the good fight lol.  I have a horrible cat allergy though, so that has a lot to do with it.  Enjoy the fresh air 6.

Bruce...I'm glad your legs were feeling good, but keeping the pace easy later sounds smart too.  Nothing like running in daylight these days!

Scotty...Like the dog pic haha.

Docket...Did I see the other day you wrote you were house shopping, or did I make that up?

Rkym...Nice job getting the miles in before work.  Good luck making it more regular.

RunTom...Even those nothing special miles count...hope they went well.

Shirfan...That's a tough start to the race serious, but I guess just an example of how unpredictable winter running is.  Have fun with the new internet service!

Nightcrawler...I'd be home sick for those temps too!  Great job sucking it up and getting the miles done though.

AmiK...Sorry about the cold.  I hope it doesn't set you back for too long.  Feel better.

Kay...Nice job on the elliptical!  I'm not coordinated enough to work one, so I don't really know what a hard workout on that would feel like.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Lilac...Sorry you're going to have to miss your group run.  I'm interested to see how many will show up for ours tonight.  My guess is about half of what we typically get.  Have a good run and core workout.

Basya...That was quite the detailed shower description lol.  Glad it made you feel better though.  You seem to do a ton of working out...I'm always tired seeing what you do.

Jedi...Hope the progression went well.  At least you got some decent weather for it.

Scotty...You must feel like you're always picking up a race packet with all of them that you do!

Dtothe2nd...Nice job on the quick 8.  Was that an easy run on your schedule, or something else?

Pink...Enjoy the rest.  I'm not really sure what heel cups do, but I can see how something with 1100 miles could require replacement.

April...Have fun with the hills, simulated or real.  Loops aren't so bad for specific workouts, but if I'm just doing a long run I like to "go somewhere."

@runjerseygirl

Kay...Nice job on the elliptical!  I'm not coordinated enough to work one, so I don't really know what a hard workout on that would feel like.

Just think glutes and hammies.  Feel the burn, baby!

Do you even run?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hog...5 days in a row is no joke...enjoy the rest!

Gustav...Enjoy the running rest, and have a good one on the trainer.  I really don't think I have mine set up properly still - very frustrating.

Sparker...Nice job adding the weights to your elliptical session.

Flarunner...great 6 miles.  I don't buy into that "feels like" junk.  It is what is to me. (even though I do understand the concept of windchill haha)

Baboon...How many people out there do you think are as excited about getting into a surgery as you are? haha  That's awesome that you may still get some good fall running!

Robert...Great job with your morning run!  It seems like you're running very well and consistently.

Good afternoon everyone.  I woke up to my legs feeling good, so I chose to do my double as a (quality, easy) day.  I did 11.49 miles total, with 4x6min at 10k pace (6:15, 6:15, 6:12, 6:11) pace with 3 minute easy pace recoveries.  The temp was 10 degrees when I headed out, so I guess I got one more day with more miles than degrees.  Even though I had ice all over my face when I was done, I wasn't cold at all, and with the faster intervals I really didn't notice the temps.  Tonight will just be 5 easy miles with the group from the running store.

Docket_Rocket

You did not make that up.  We are at a very preliminary stage.

Step...I'm with your husband...tell that man to keep fighting the good fight lol.  I have a horrible cat allergy though, so that has a lot to do with it.  Enjoy the fresh air 6.

Bruce...I'm glad your legs were feeling good, but keeping the pace easy later sounds smart too.  Nothing like running in daylight these days!

Scotty...Like the dog pic haha.

Docket...Did I see the other day you wrote you were house shopping, or did I make that up?

Rkym...Nice job getting the miles in before work.  Good luck making it more regular.

RunTom...Even those nothing special miles count...hope they went well.

Shirfan...That's a tough start to the race serious, but I guess just an example of how unpredictable winter running is.  Have fun with the new internet service!

Nightcrawler...I'd be home sick for those temps too!  Great job sucking it up and getting the miles done though.

AmiK...Sorry about the cold.  I hope it doesn't set you back for too long.  Feel better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty...You must feel like you're always picking up a race packet with all of them that you do!

I am getting quite well known in the local running community, lol.

4 miles.Outside. 8F, 11 MPH winds. I was well covered and I enjoyed it.

Another reason I prefer warm weather running...all the Great Legs are free again from being bundled up! Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom, your brother in laws brother?  Wouldn't that be your brother in law?   Big grin

Although my family tree has a lot of intertwined branches, I don't think my brother in law's brother is also my brother in law. Unless they're both married to my sister! Smile

5.1 miles today, easy pace of 9:11 overall, including the last 0.1 miles at 6:48 pace (a Mothtm finish). It was a good run, reasonable temperatures of 45 degrees, sunny, and calm. Couldn't ask for better running weather, as attested by the 2 other runners I saw on my "secret" running street. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Just think glutes and hammies. 

I think about that a lot for some reason...... Evil

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Mmmmm...beer

Dtothe2nd...Nice job on the quick 8.  Was that an easy run on your schedule, or something else?

Thanks.  It was an easy run, just happened to be faster.  I have "fast" runs like that every now and then, where the speed is moderate, but the effort is still easy in that I didn't have to put forth any effort or focus to maintain the pace, legs just felt strong on that day so I let 'em go.  I guess you could call it a pseduo tempo run, altho I think my tempo pace would be a lil faster than that.  I still haven't incorporated focused tempo runs into my training yet, I was getting ready to start and then started having some ITB issues, which I think I've gotten under control now.  So I'll start with a tempo run next week, after I recover from my 15k on Saturday.  My plan was, and is, to turn one of my regular 8 milers into a tempo, 2 mile warmup, 3-4 miles of tempo and the rest easy/cooldown.  I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday would work well, then the following day could be an easy MLR, with a couple of easy runs before my LR on the weekends.  Seems that's how most plans I've looked at are laid out (altho, I'm still anti-plan lol).

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Thanks.  It was an easy run, just happened to be faster.  I have "fast" runs like that every now and then, where the speed is moderate, but the effort is still easy in that I didn't have to put forth any effort or focus to maintain the pace, legs just felt strong on that day so I let 'em go.  I guess you could call it a pseduo tempo run, altho I think my tempo pace would be a lil faster than that.  I still haven't incorporated focused tempo runs into my training yet, I was getting ready to start and then started having some ITB issues, which I think I've gotten under control now.  So I'll start with a tempo run next week, after I recover from my 15k on Saturday.  My plan was, and is, to turn one of my regular 8 milers into a tempo, 2 mile warmup, 3-4 miles of tempo and the rest easy/cooldown.  I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday would work well, then the following day could be an easy MLR, with a couple of easy runs before my LR on the weekends.  Seems that's how most plans I've looked at are laid out (altho, I'm still anti-plan lol).

Good stuff D.  I can see how if you're not running on a set plan, it's easier to just let the legs flow like that.  I've had to curtail doing that as much as possible, mostly because it usually impacts my quality days negatively.  I know my way isn't the only way though.  The owner of our local running store, who is a 2:50 marathoner, runs hard when his body feels like it and easy when it doesn't.  The bulk of his miles are trail miles though, so his predominant training stimulus is repeated hill work.  I'm glad you got your ITB on the mend.  As for your tempo plan, looks good.  You could also consider some easier tempos to start, like 2x10 min T with 2 min rest, then 2x15T with 3 min rest, or 3x5min T with 2min rest, then 4x6T with 3min rests, etc.  I know those aren't "true" tempo per say, but  they are a lactate threshold workout and I've found them easier on my body to start.  Also, instead of having the same type of run every week, they add a little variety, which I think is good both physically and mentally.  Sorry for the unsolicited suggestions...I get a little excited with this running stuff.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I've been considering taking a day off and today looks like a good day to do that. High today is 20F. The rest of the week looks to be a little warmer, and I have a track meet on Sunday so I'm cutting back a little anyway.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.