Beginners and Beyond

Labor Day Weekend Penguins...Who Ya Gonna Call? (Read 26 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Pens !!!

Weekend is starting out rainy, so we will keep it short today.

Good luck racers.

tracilynn

So I'm DNSing my 5K this morning because its my little guys first baseball game (he's 5) and it looks like its gonna be cancelled for rain and I could have gone to the race.   

The race shirt is really cute though so that's good.

rest day for me unless I decide to do my "long" run in the rain Today instead of tomorrow.

Happy Labor weekend penguins!

~~~~~~~

Traci

PADRunner

Morning penguins. Sorry about the rain. Clear hear and a bit cooler, 76. 4 done this morning.

Zelanie

Morning!  It is a little bit rainy here, not too bad, though.  Kinda nice that it's cooled off, actually.  I have 8 easy later on.

Jerry- Enjoy the weekend!

Traci- That's a bummer about your race and the rain!  Hope you are able to salvage something in your day today!

PAD- Sounds delightful!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hiya Pens.

Jerry: Rain? What is that?

Traci: see above and I know the feeling. The EXACT same thing has happened to me.

PAD: 76 sounds heavenly. Heck, I would settle for 86.

Zel: enjoy the rain and the 8.

I am shutting it down for two weeks. Remember how OCD  I was with training for my first marathon (seems like forever ago) ? That is how I am going to try to be with this break. I'm sick of telling you about my injuries because I feel like a drama queen. I am going to rest and come back easy in hopes that my nagging things will heal up or at least be lessened. That is all.

Costco and Apple store today with my wonderful DW. Two kids are gone this weekend so it will be quiet. Smile

Have a nice weekend.

Zelanie

Jack, you do NOT sound like a drama queen at all! We all struggle with stuff at times, and that's why this is a good place to share stuff. At least, I'm sure that my coworkers are a little bit more WTF about how I hobble around work and then go run 12 miles that evening.

That said, I think this is a great time for a break and I hope it does wonders for you. Smile I do have to mention that all that time off for my knee last year didn't seem to do a thing for my more moderate piriformis issue. But rolling on a baseball helps a ton.

GinnyinPA

Jack - it really is a good time for a break.  Do you have any PTs that can give you some in depth massage for your piriformis and other issues?  Rest is good, but sometimes therapy is better.

Tracilynn - sorry about your game and race.  Very frustrating.

PAD- enjoy the cool weather.

Jerry - hope you get a break in the rain so you can run.

Zel - I know you'll run anyway.  Enjoy the cooler weather.

AFM:  Gray and cool here, though no rain is expected until tomorrow.  Jim finally feels ready to go out for a short hike, so we need to find someplace that won't be crowded with holiday campers.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We got the 4 in between storms.   Lots of football to watch today.

Jack, what's on sale at Costco?  Hope the rest days help.

Enjoy the shirt Traci.

Have a good day PAD.

Zel, same for me at work, hobbling around after sitting for awhile and then they say "you're not running today, are you" !!!

Have a nice hike Ginny.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: thank you! I do use a baseball and it definitely gets in there. Oh man, that hurts.

Ginny: yes, I have a massage guy that I see every 8-10 weeks or so. It could be time for a visit.

Jerry: from Costco we need food (and beer) and from Apple store a new lap top for DD.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

We left the Apple store $1,600 poorer. We got off relatively cheap at Costco.

Amazonian Princess

Happy International Bacon Day!!!

Five miles done and week four of Coach Jenny Hadfield's run:walk half marathon training plan completed 

Now for a nap, then dinner out and a trip to the Apple store to upgrade my headphones. It's a good day!

I can. I will. I am. 

LRB

Happy International Bacon Day!!!

lol

Hang in there Klomp, someday it will all be a distant memory.

Enjoy your hike Ginny!

Nice 4 Pad!

Football for me too J!

Have a nice run Z!

That sucks TL, someday he will be a major league all star and you can tell him about today.  lol

As for me, I am at Outback Steakhouse eating a blooming onion.  It has been a million years since I would even eat one stinking petal from one of these things, let alone order one for myself.  Big grin

Robert31320

Team TJ

Short run for me this morning.  3.3 miles in sauna like weather.

Running for TJ because he can't.

From the Internet.

9.8 yesterday and 2.5 today brought me to 30 miles for the week for the first time ever, and 113.7 total for August Big grin