Beginners and Beyond

Superfly SUNDAILIES (Read 44 times)

Hip Redux

Yay, Jay!!!

LRB

26.2 this morning in lovely Presque Isle park.  I'm hoping to see results posted before saying too much, but... mission accomplished Big grin

Aw shit.  Now that's what the fuck I'm talking about!

Hip Redux

Excellent!  At this point in the season most of us are dealing with something so you are fine.  No really, you are.  Cool

We'll just ignore the fact that I have pretty much missed 8 weeks of training :P

Docket_Rocket

Jay, we need more details, damn it!

I heard from April.  She is busy but doing OK and still take a break from running.

I did 3 miles with hubby.  His longest since the shin splints injury.  We did 1 mile, 2 minute walk, repeat until we reached 3.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Daves_Not_Here

Did 3 miles on the TM first thing this morning. It's the first time I've run since my last HM last month (Running With The Bears on 8/17) as my efforts have been thwarted with wildfires (heavy smoke in the area) and a pretty nasty cold kicking my ass for the last week and a half.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay Jay!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Oh, yes, congrats but I'm not doing any !!!!!! until I hear more details!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

19 miles today.

16.25 miles last Sunday. Total of 60 miles in the last 8 days.

Raced a half marathon (sub 2) and two triathlons 3 out of 4 of the weeks prior to last weekt. Now that tri season is

done and I only need to focus on one sport I might actually have time to catch up with you folks.Smile

Figured it's time to actually start training for my fall fulls since one of them is two weeks from today Smile I have

been getting all my running miles in but in sort of an offhanded way, running them but not focusing on them

as a marathon schedule but more as support for my tri training.

Ran the 19 miles easy with 1,600 feet of climb/descent with an average pace of 10:30 and it felt

easy so I think things are going OK.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I know Jay did!!! Congrats Jay!!

Oski, thinking of you girl. Perhaps next summer hubby and I can mosey on down your way and we can

do a sprint tri together (along with MBC)?? That sounds like fun, right ???Big grin

Hip Redux

Oski, thinking of you girl. Perhaps next summer hubby and I can mosey on down your way and we can

do a sprint tri together (along with MBC)?? That sounds like fun, right ???Big grin

Come on down!!  We'd love to have you Big grin   Though I will gladly be you and MBC's tri sherpa because you aren't getting me in the water.   Maybe a du?  Joking

Just B.S.

Come on down!!  We'd love to have you Big grin   Though I will gladly be you and MBC's tri sherpa because you aren't getting me in the water.   Maybe a du?  Joking

You must join the pool and start swimming! Good for the back (maybe) and so relaxing! 

But a good sherpa can be invaluable and I am a good tipper. Big grin

OK I am going to totally embarrass myself and post a "fooling around like a goof" photo hubby took

after our Oly Tri on August 30th. (the day before our 29th wedding anniversary).

I was 2nd place female in the 50-54 AG and thinkin' I was pretty hot stuff! NOT! LOL

But not looking too bad for an almost 52 yr old. It was a long Oly with a 45k bike instead of 40k and

didn't start until 10:30, by the time we were finishing up it was getting pretty darn hot in Ottawa. Still

finished the run with a 1:00:48 10k even though my legs were like jelly by then.

Not too shabby after swimming 1.5k and biking 45k.

Ok, unofficial time -- 2:53: xx.

Lots to think about, I'll sort out a RR later tonight or tomorrow.  So far beyond my goal, I'm still trying to make sense of it.

Zelanie

Congrats to Beth and Jay!

Finished my 5K, and my "official" time is 24:25, so a pace of 7:52.  That was 6th OA out of 29, 3rd woman, and second in the 30-39 AG, so I won a pint glass and a plastic "kiss me, I'm Irish" necklace.

My Garmin shows a short course and a much slower pace, but the weather has been all funky and the map is looking pretty wobbly with me cutting all the corners.  Pretty sure that I didn't launch myself off the bridge into the park and ford the river, for example!  So maybe that's my real time.  Or maybe it's not.

And the even better news is that my knee didn't self destruct during my race.  Smile

Hip Redux

Lots to think about, I'll sort out a RR later tonight or tomorrow.  So far beyond my goal, I'm still trying to make sense of it.

Hole Lee Crap!  Damn!

MTA - Zel - excellent!  Going by your sig, that's a big ol' PR!

delicate flower

Holy crap.  That is fantastic!  Can't wait to read the RR.  Way to go, Jay!!

Beth, you sure do keep yourself busy, don't you?    Big grin

<3

Just B.S.

Crap!!!!