Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES: Say it ain't so (Read 49 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

LRB

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

It's so..... Monday!!!!!

Off to work, SRD for me. Heading out for an early AM run tomorrow, but for today, it's work and then a quick trip to the dentist for a filling.

Happy Monday, LRB! Happy Monday, all!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MothAudio

Good morning runners! Sunday: 10 miles 1:28:00 - 8:48 avg. pace - easy > moderate + 2 mile cool down [9:25 pace]. Had every intention of sneeking in my 1st double in two weeks but got wrapped up in my FF draft. Not complaining as I had a very good week of running considering everything and I received an "A" on my draft. Doctor appointment for the kiddo this morning, so I'll run this evening since there's no game and it's been blazing hot during the day. Should things improve / remain stable I'm hoping to transition into my half marathon schedule this week - we'll see. Make it a great start to your week!

Speed / Specific Endurance / Threshold / Hills / Neuromuscular / Moderate

Week 34: 55 miles
          Monday: 2 miles 18:45 - 9:22 avg. pace - recovery. Best I felt all day.
          Tuesday: XT A.M. / 8 miles 1:07:23 - 8:25 avg. pace - steady state P.M.  Fastest time this year!
          Wednesday: 6 miles 57:09 - 9:32 avg. pace - easy. Meh.

Thursday: 8 miles 1:14:54 - 9:22 avg. pace - recovery. That was easy enough :>
          Friday: 9 miles 1:22:40 - 9:11 avg. pace - recovery / easy A.M. / XT P.M. Encouraging.
          Saturday: 10 miles 1:27:50 - 8:47 avg. pace - easy > moderate + hill sprints. Last mile / fast mile.

Sunday: 10 miles 1:28:00 - 8:48 avg. pace - easy > moderate + 2 mile cool down [9:25 pace]

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I feel like the that kid.

8 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Morning!  I feel like the that kid.

I feel like that lady, ha!

Today is an off day for me as I get ready for a big run tomorrow (those seem to be common these days), but I am looking forward to this bad boy.

My legs are feeling much better today thank you, which speaks to the body's amazing ability to recover when given what it needs.  I have another tough week on tap and maybe even a race, which would basically be a glorified tempo run.  We will see...

Hip Redux

Starting the day off with PT, then work.  Monday's suck.   Rest day, outside of the PT stuff.

BTW - the Boston-qualifying marathon runner/contractor has NOT provided a quote for our work.  I am disappoint.   It's been two weeks and no word.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Monday!  Today is Aug 26.  Holidays for today are:  National Dog Day; Cherry Popsicle Day; Women's Equality Day; and in England and Scotland,  since August 26th is the last Monday in August, it's a Bank Holiday, celebrating the end of summer

Mmmmm....cherry popsicle!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Good morning!  Boy, I hope this turns out to be a quiet day at work.  I really don't want to take any phone calls or talk to anyone.  Basically, I just don't feel like doing any WORK.  Well, a three day weekend looms, so there is that to look forward to.

I've got some easy miles on my agenda today.  Thunderstorms are in the forecast.  I'd complain about it, but it hasn't rained in a while and we could probably use it.  So, I'll probably take to the treadmill.  I've managed to avoid that thing lately aside from my speed workouts.  Goal HM in three weeks.....

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice weekend of running for me.  Big grin

Saturday, I went to explore the running area around another of our regional YMCAs.  This one is in Boerne, TX, about 30 minutes from San Antonio.  What a nice area to run in!  I headed out from the Y on some nearby local streets, connected with 'Trail 9', a running trail that used to be an old railroad line for Train 9,  hence the name of the trail.  This trail took me to the local city park, and one of the park roads took me to Cibolo Nature Center, which has some really nice off-road trails.

So I was running on one of those trails and then I hear someone ahead of me shout "Scottydog, you better hurry up, the girls are catching up to you!"  What the heck?  I look behind me and there are about 50 to 60 or so high-school age girls chasing me.  Ahead of me there was a small tent sent up and underneath that were water  coolers, folks in chairs doing timing, checking, etc., and the guy who had called to me, a guy I knew from local San Antonio races. I stopped to chat with him - and to get the heck out of the way of the girls - and found out there was a summer X-country meet going on of girls' teams from several various high schools around the area, using the city park and the Cibolo Nature trails, and my bud was one of the organizers of the meet.  So when I came ran onto the Cibolo Nature trails, I got caught right in it, lol.    My bud was laughing and said "Only you, Scotty, could go for a run and find 60 girls to chase you."  Joking   My friend let me get some water from a cooler, we had a nice chat, and we cheered all the young ladies on as they passed us by.  Very pleasant interlude in my run.

Then I was off again on my own run.  I did a bit of x-country myself, going across the park grass, making sure not to interfere with ladies on their course, and got back onto Trail 9.  From there I went back to the Y on River Road, which was a very pleasant experience, going alongside a river to my left.  Very pretty area with grassy banks, walkway with picnic tables for people to sit and enjoy the day and the river, restrooms and water fountains along the way, ducks and geese near the water, and so forth.  I finally got back to the Y, initially having planned when I first left the Y to do an easy 3 miles or so, 34 minute run and I ended up with 50 minutes and 4.5 miles of running and exploring...and had a blast doing it.  Trails, scenic river area, chased by girls...Very nice outing, and will definitely run this area again.

Sunday followed that run up with my 48th race of 2013, a 5K which I ended up finishing in 33:37, surprising myself by doing under 11-minute miles, even with my photo stops and a big hill to climb near the finish.  Report and photos here:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/2afe426514e340e58dae8361956571dd/resume#focus

Today after work, Gail and I are heading to a local Y to do a weight training session.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Enjoy your SRD, Tom.  Good luck with the dentist!

Happy running, Moth.  Glad to see you are still running, that is great!  Sorry about the sick kiddo, hope he feels better.  Yeah, nice to run in the evening again.  High temps in San Antonio this week will ONLY be in the low 90s, so that will allow me to run after work again instead of having to get up in early early morning, so YAY!

Sorry you are not feeling well, Damaris.  Good luck with your miles tonite.

Get rested up today, LRB, for the Big Run tomorrow. No doubt in my mind you will do just fine.

Hope your PT went well, Oski.  Sorry about the contractor...probably time to move on...two weeks, wow...doesn't sound like he wants the job.

Hope you get your wish, Baboon, and get your easy day.  I can relate, lol, I feel so unmotivated today, work-wise.

StepbyStep-SH

Even after skipping Saturday's run, I still kept Sunday as a SRD. But I did get out for 6 very warm, muggy miles this morning. It was already 77* at 5 a.m., with 75% humidity. We've barely seen high temps like that all summer, and now today is supposed to be 97* with a heat index close to 110*. Damaris - Come take your weather back!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Shari, you can keep it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone! I feel really good considering thha crazy half I did yesterday, but no running anyway. Going to go for a bike ride and then do a T25 video.

StepbyStep-SH

Shari, you can keep it!

I don't want it! I have a marathon to run Saturday, and this stuff needs to be gone. I melt!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.