Beginners and Beyond

Any Thoughts on the Udo 3-6-9 Blend? (Read 53 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

After seeing this stuff constantly advertised in the running mags and online for over a year, I finally decided to try the stuff out.

I am interested in the thoughts and tips an dislikes that others might have about this product.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

I have no idea what you're talking about, and too lazy to google it Big grin

LRB

I think I saw three ultra runners in a magazine ad that claimed that's how they go the distance (or something like that) and I immediately dismissed it because I am not certain essential fatty acids have a direct effect on stamina or endurance.

I eat avocados and almonds instead. 

LRB

I have no idea what you're talking about, and too lazy to google it Big grin

Think fish oil.

Cyberic

Think fish oil.

Ah! Food supplements. Not for me.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Basically an oil supplement for Omega 3, 6 and 9.

I don't like avacados, don't eat enough nuts and fish and poultry so I figure what the hell... plus it is an easy thing to sneak into my DH's food because he sure as hell doesn't come close to his daily nutritional needs and will not take vitamins, he makes an excuse that healthy/natural/real foods give him a headache    

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)