Beginners and Beyond

Wight Wednesday Penguins (Read 21 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wight:  Nimble; Strong; Courageous

Wishing my fellow Penguins all that in whatever your endeavors are today!  Be the 'wight' person for the job, whatever you have going on today. 

On tap for me today is weight training with DW after work.  Her doc told her that now that she's OLDER - very tactful doc, huh?  -  she needs to do some strengthening exercises at least once a week to help with her bone density, muscle support, etc.  So with her schedule (work, business, etc) as it is, Wednesday is the day that works best for her.  And since that's my usual weight training day anyway, very convenient, so we can both go to the Y and do our sessions together.

BTW, it;s about 58 degrees right now in San Antonio. Very nice weather predicted around here for the rest of the week, especially in the mornings.......

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD but maybe I can convince hubby to do a bike ride with me.

It is already 85F here.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning, pens!

Back to the track for me tonight.  They are focusing on shorter distances for the summer, so we are running 200s and 400s at R pace, faster than I've even tried to run in months.  I'm kind of looking forward to it, except that it is supposed to be 86 degrees, yikes!

Scotty- That weather looks like ours for the next couple of days, but then we cool back off by the weekend.

D- Too damn hot!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

4 miles with some long strides. We are setting up for a 20 mile run on Saturday.  Nice.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!! Quartet rehearsal tonight -- we were off last week, so I'm really looking forward to singing with my girls tonight! Rainy here again today, blah.

scotty -- did Gail tell the doc she did Bikram yoga regularly? Her bone density is probably fine! It'll be nice for you to have a workout buddy, though.

Docket -- have fun persuading DH!!

Zelanie -- think speedy thoughts!!

Jack -- have a good 4 with strides!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

obiebyke

Good morning!

I really liked my first Bodypump class last night. I'm sore today, but not prohibitively so. C25K W5D2 on tap for after work.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

on my way to badass

Morning Penguins!

Scotty- send some of that sun our way.

DR- Oy the heat!

Z- Hot for you too!

Jack- Have a nice 4+.

HsM- Have a nice rehearsal.

Obie- I have never heard of Bodypump class.  A little sore is very satisfying.

AFM- RD cause its cold, rainy and raw.  1.5 weeks until next 10K.  We got a sitter, so Oldfatslow is running too.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Philliefan33

Hi everyone.  Very rainy here, with road and stream flooding.  I'll go to the gym later and either run on the TM or cycle.

GinnyinPA

Scotty - enjoy your weights and time with your wife this evening.  Too bad you're missing a coolish day for running though.

D - I hope you get a good bike ride this evening.  Does Miami have any good long bike trails, so you don't have to deal with the insane traffic?

Z - have fun with the intervals this evening.

Jack - enjoy your recovery run tonight.

Hopesmom - I hope chorus goes well. When is your next concert?  Starting a new program, I assume?

Obiebyke - is bodypump primarily aerobic or weights?

Amy - I'm glad you and OFS will both get to run the next one.  Will you run together or make it a real race?

Margo - good luck in the gym.  Stay dry, if you can.

AFM:  rain here too, so I'll do some miles on the TM later.  I'm getting tired of grey skies and drizzle.

Docket_Rocket

Ginny.  Not really. One trail but it's far away.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yeah, baby!  San Antonio Beer Week, May 10 - May 18

http://www.sanantoniobeerweek.com/

SheCan

Morning Penguins!

Scotty-- It'll probably be fun with you and Gail working out together.  Your weather looks really nice for the next week or so.  Looks sorta like ours:

DR-- oh I hope you do convince DH!  A bike ride sounds like fun.

Zelanie-- changing up the paces like that should be fun.

Jack-- sounds like training is going very well.

HopesMom-- enjoy your singing tonight.

Obie-- bodypump class just sound hard!  Is it a weight lifting class of some sort?

SF-- Well try to enjoy your rest day.  I'd love to have your rain though.

Phillie-- Hey ya!  Hope you don't get too flooded out.

Ginny-- My goodness, everyone is getting rain except for me!  (ok, ok, and Scotty, and Docket, and Jack, etc..)  Good luck with the TM.

I did an easy 3-1/2 in the cool morning air.  Getting ready to perhaps go into Mexico, get some meds, and do lunch.  Have a good day everyone!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

obiebyke

Bodypump is trademarked, which makes it cheesy. But it's a set of 8-9 "tracks" of weights targeting different muscle groups, done to bring your heart rate up but more strength training than cardio. You have a squat/clean/press bar with adjustable plates, hand weights, a yoga mat, and an aerobic step. It's an hour.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

on my way to badass

Ginny- No real racing between OFS and me.  He's much faster.  We are just racing against ourselves for the most part.  Our AGs are very speedy.

Obie- Thanks for the explanation.

Cherie- No one likes the weather they have.  I'd love to send the rain your way.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28