Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's Sadie Hawkins Day Weekend Daily (Read 20 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning !!!  We will bundle up again for 3+ miles this morning.  Not much else on our agenda, unless DD's make an unplanned visit.

Enjoy the weekend...

Robert31320

Team TJ

Something today.  It's winter on the Georgia coast this morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

tracilynn

I'm waiting for it to at least warm up to freezing then I will run a few. Calm winds today so it should be pleasant.

My right knee hurts from doing exercises yesterday that are suppose to prevent injuries   I hope it doesn't flare up on my run today.

Taking my boy to a bday party at 11.

BIG GAME at 2:30 and a couple of cold ones. GO BAMA!

have a great weekend pengs

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Robert I like your signature!

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

I was looking at the resolution thread and realized Gustav is no longer with us? Does anyone know how he is doing?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  SRD or a run.  Not sure.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

obiebyke

Headed to the U of Minnesota/Ohio State game today. My friend and I have decided if we stay until halftime in this cold, we've done our job. Brrrr! If I can thaw out, I'd like to redo C25K W5D3 today.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

PADRunner

RD for me today.

Zelanie

Hey guys.  Yesterday was my first actual cold weather run.  It was 32 when I went out and 28 when I got in.  For me, that was cold gear, mittens, and handwarmer time.   But I did get in 9 really nice miles.  I did 6 on my own, then came back and took the dogs out for 3 since I knew they hadn't been out yet.

Today I have my first sports massage.  Hoping it goes well!  Today is also a RD, which means that the pace bunny will catch me tomorrow before I run.  Yikes!

I don't think I've seen Gustav anywhere in ages, and I don't see him in any of the miles games either. Sad

GinnyinPA

Jerry - hope your three went well.  Any snow?

Robert - have a good run. Stay warm.

Traci -   Enjoy your run and the game. Hope the knee behaves.  Beer is the perfect recovery drink - -especially after a birthday party. I hope your son doesn't get sick again.

D - enjoy your Saturday.

Obiebyke - hope you stay warm at the game.  Handwarmers maybe?  I thought you had finished C25k?

PAD - enjoy your rest day.

Z - good job on the nine miles yesterday.  I saw on the news that Oregon was hit by an ice storm and thought about you.  Hope the massage does some good.

AFM:  I'd like to run since the sun is shining, but I've met my goal for the week and don't really want to push things too much, not now when things are going so well, so it will probably be either a rest day or a video in the basement.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Enjoy your "winter" something Robert.

Hope the knee is okay, Traci.

Have a good run or RD, Docket.

Looks like you can leave early, Obie.  Looks snowy on TV.

Enjoy the RD, PAD.

Are you going to write a massage report, Zel?

Congrats on meeting your goal, Ginny.  No snow here.

4 for us.  It was fairly nice out, about 30F, sunny and no wind  Kept the HR around 128 which gave us slightly positive splits and about 30 seconds slower than usual.  DW was chomping at the bit to speed it up.

tracilynn

I ended up with 5 miles. It was cold and breezier than the forecast promised but not as gusty as the other day.

I survived the BDAY party!

Yay!  Time for beer and football

obie, I hope you stayed warm enough at the game

pad and damaris, enjoy your rest day

zel, good job on the 9. Hope the massage goes well and it's a real cute muscular young guy named Sven.

Ginny, enjoy your rest day if you decide to rest. Is it the pelvis that is making you paranoid?

jerry, is the HR running new or is that something you have always done?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Traci: I use to always take the kids to parties. I would get in the bounce house with the kids and throw them around, eat the food, and hang out with the moms. Good times.

SRD for me and day 2 of DD's swim meet. Tomorrow she is running in a 2.5 mile race. I'm a happy dad.

tracilynn

Traci: I use to always take the kids to parties. I would get in the bounce house with the kids and throw them around, eat the food, and hang out with the moms. Good times.

SRD for me and day 2 of DD's swim meet. Tomorrow she is running in a 2.5 mile race. I'm a happy dad.

LOL

~~~~~~~

Traci