Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES - It Can't Get Any Worse, Can It? (Read 248 times)

Weezer88

SmileWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! Smile

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

I AM WEEZER.

Weezer88

Confused  Spent most of the Sunday night and early Monday morning with Roto-Rooter and Servicemaster since my sump pump decided to stop working.  The basement carpet was under water and has been ripped up.  I will now be trying to get a little sleep.

Needless to say, Monday will be a SRD for me.

I AM WEEZER.

Ugh, Weezer, that SUCKS.
        Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Weezer - wishing you a dry basement.

Lilac - good job in getting a bike ride in. All weekend I wanted to go for a ride but it was so miserable out.  I figured since I can't run I'll see what is needed for biking in the winter. So Airport Center has a Performance Bike store . I got there at 6pm. They were the only store there that closed at 5pm. 

Looks like i'll be doing the gym rat thing today.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

@runjerseygirl

Good morning!  TGIM, because really, I need to get out of this house!  What a crazy weekend!  Anyway,  I'll be doing 2 (maybe 3) very easy miles during lunch today.  I'm still a little tender from my 7 yesterday.  

Speaking of which, I'm wondering if it's normal to start to experience muscle aches in new areas as your runs get longer.  For example, my calves have always taken the brunt of the running fatigue.  But yesterday I noticed that my thighs and butt were sore.  I guess I was just surprised at the new aches. 

Do you even run?

Gustav, have fun at the gym today. Kay, my thighs and butt are a little sore today, too, but that happens whenever I increase weight (when I lift) or distance (when I run). My next run should take care of that.
                4.0 recovery miles on the TM tonight. In my VFFs. Hill intervals, just to keep me from becoming bored. Abs, too.

Ball of Fury

Weezer:  Ugh...that stinks!  Hope you get some rest and a dry basement!

Basya:  Nice TM workout!  I run lots of hills outside (because I pretty have to), but can't seem to motivate myself to increase the incline when on the TM

Kay:  I found that once I increased my distance to around 8-10, I started getting new aches and pains, especially in the hips.  

Today is a rest day for me, which I definitely need after the weekend!  My calves are a bit tight but nothing terrible so hopefully I did no lasting damage switching to the Pure Flows on a 16-miler!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

delicate flower

What do you say there, champ??  Happy Monday!  It would appear I am dragging butt a little this morning.  A rainy and windy day means more treadmill for me today.

Yesterday was a rest day, and I feel more aches and pains today than I do the day after a hard run.  What's up with that?  Getting old is tough. 

That's all I got.  Enjoy your Monday, folks. 

<3

not lazy, just tired

Morning All!

Weezer - Oh no. yuck. Hope your basement dries out quickly.

Gustav - Enjoy the gym today!

Kay - Have a great run. I think that new muscle aches are completely normal when you increase distance.

Basya - I wish I could get motivated to do hills on a treadmill.

Ami - Enjoy your rest day.

Yesterday I did 5 easy miles, and this morning I'm planning to do 6.5. I think it's still raining out, sure looks wet out there.

Not if it makes sense.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Off to the asthma doctor to get my ass chewed out for Vegas.  A run tonight, maybe some core and weights if I have time.

David, that sucks!  Hope everything is working now.

Basya, morning!  Nice 4.

Gustav, hope the gym workout goes well.

Kay, that is normal.  If you changed your gait or the terrain or something changed, it is likely that you'll experience soreness in different areas.

Ami, enjoy the rest.

Baboon, stop dragging your butt, lazypants and go!

stupidlazydog, nice run last night.  Good luck with today's.

Have a nice day, everybody!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nevrgivup

Hey guys. Its raining here today and I hate rain. I'll be running a few miles on the TM sometime today. Its very warm here for December. I like it!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

happylily

Good morning!

My legs are very sore from yesterday's run. I should have walked or stretched after, but instead, I was lazy and stayed on the couch. Now I'm paying for it.

6 sloooow miles after work tonight.

Have a nice everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

Good morning all. I'm heading out for about 7 miles.
                                stupidlazydog, the marathon I'll do in March is a bunch o'rolling hills, so I need to become accustomed to it, somehow:/