Beginners and Beyond

Taking Tuesday by the horns, Penguins (Read 27 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, y'all!!  DH and Dusty and I did get our walk in yesterday, between knitting and reading and watching the rain.  It was a very nice work-free long weekend, so now I've got lots of stuff to do today!!  We also got our walk in this morning, so week 3 is halfway done!  My knee fussed a little bit the entire time, but it wasn't overly mouthy, and walking in from my car to my lab was fine.  Overall, I think the walking program is good for me, and my knee is slowly getting better.  Which is all good.

N-Bug -- I'm mostly doing mornings now too, which is difficult.  I'm playing a balancing game between getting up early and getting to work late.  Hopefully I can shift more toward getting up early!!

Docket -- woo-hoo for DH and his new shoes!!  

Bin -- nice running!!

Phillie -- glad your shoulder is almost all better!!

Zelanie, safe travels!!

fitfat -- have a good SRD!!

T-rod -- hope your weather is better today!!

kristin -- sounds like you need more sleep!  Hope you feel better as the day goes on!

Baboon -- hi!!

traci -- glad to hear the comeback is going well!!

scotty -- have a good run this afternoon!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Dad on the run.

Hello all, just some funnies for the day. The last one is my favorite Tongue

Poop Trucks

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

A quick check in for me...  I ran two easy miles last night and I am very SORE after my HM. Should I run again today? I was thinking I should do two or three easy miles again. What do you guys do? The official race pictures are out tomorrow so we'll see if I have any good ones.

Hope everyone has a good day.  Cheers.

Bin Running

Jack, I find that recovery run helps. Wear those calf sleeves too.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Nope.  That will never happen.  We've been married for 14 years, you know.

lol- maybe one of those nights after too many martinis - you never know.

I joke about some of the kids at my old school coming from a bad night of cheap gin.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Jack, those are just too funny, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jack, those are just too funny, LOL.

What are funny? My calf sleeves?

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

What up Penguins? Just checking in, I'm terrible about posting every day, but I almost always read the thread to see how everyone is doing. Jimmy great job on your race this past weekend, I saw the RR but forgot to post. We'll get it together for a race sometime soon, though you've gotten so fast, you'll leave me in the dust.

AFM, I will do 3 or 4  today at lunch or after work, whenever I get time. My 2nd ever 5K is Saturday, so I'll probably take thursday and friday off. my only real goal is < 30:00, which was my main goal when I started running in July. (First 5K in October was 30:24). I've already done it in training runs at less than an all out race effort, so I have a super secret, double blind "A" goal that is somewhat lower. We'll see how it goes Big grin

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Jimmy--those are hilarious!  Especially the last one that misspelled stimulus.

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

Docket_Rocket

Crap, not you!  jjblack.  Third time this week I confuse names!  I'm getting old, sniff.

What are funny? My calf sleeves?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Crap, not you!  jjblack.  Third time this week I confuse names!  I'm getting old, sniff.

You and me both! Wink

Dad on the run.

I didn't even catch that, that makes it even better, lol.

Jimmy--those are hilarious!  Especially the last one that misspelled stimulus.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

SO42 - We are doing the spring scramble 5K on May 18th. You should come join us. I am actually pacing my friend so you could run with us (not sure what your actual pace is) I'm expecting him to run around 33:30 or so.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

jimmy those made my day

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

SO42 - We are doing the spring scramble 5K on May 18th. You should come join us. I am actually pacing my friend so you could run with us (not sure what your actual pace is) I'm expecting him to run around 33:30 or so.

I'm not sure what my race pace is, but I'll find out on Saturday. Should be in the 50's at race time, so perfect running weather to see what i can do. Most likely I won't be doing any more 5K's until later this summer. My friend and son have talked me into training for a sprint triathlon in Decatur July 20th. I don't know if I'm excited of terrified. Probably both Big grin