Beginners and Beyond

Time is Wasting on Tabescent Tuesdailies (Read 46 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!     Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Tabescent:  Wasting;  Shriveling.

Is that what all the Dailies Folks are doing today?  Lots of folks sleeping in?   WAKE UP!

Happy July 2nd!  Today's 'bizarre" holidays:

UFO Day

"I Forgot" Day

forgot cartoons, forgot cartoon, forgot picture, forgot pictures, forgot image, forgot images, forgot illustration, forgot illustrations

Should have gotten up and run this morning, it is more like a Fall day for us this morning than summer!  63 degrees right now, the air crisp and cool, feels great.  However, I did not even hear my alarm go off this morning, so got a late start.  Guess I needed the rest.  So I will run after work today and the weather will still be behaving for us, our high temp today will only be 90 degrees, sweeeet!    Damaris, you should move down here so you get some of this nice weather on occasion, get away from all that Miami stuff.   Sure, we have problems like any city -  crime zones in some parts of the city, pretty crowded in places, traffic, etc. - but overall San Antonio is a pretty nice place with fairly good weather all year round, and lots of running areas and races here.  And you get two cities for one, with Austin being only an hour away from us.

My drive to work this morning was both nice and bizarre.  Nice cuz I drove with the windows rolled down and enjoyed all that fresh air.  Bizarre because for quite a while I was the only one on the road.  Very weird in a city of 1.2 million people, usually our roads are always pretty crowded.  For a while, lol, I felt like  was in a Twilight Zone episode where everyone had vanished off the earth except me.   Guess a lot of people are taking off because of the holiday this week, giving themselves extra time off.    I can relate.  Today is my "Friday" I am off all the rest of the week after today!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Asthma is bad, stomach is bad, today sucks.  7 or 10 miles, depending on whether I feel well enough for my 5K on Thursday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning, everyone.

scottydawg, thank you for starting today's thread. Also, thank you for the word of the day. Enjoy your post-work run.

After work, I'll do weights, push-ups, and forty-five minutes of cardio at the gym. I'll do ab work at home.

Where are people? This is creepy.

Hip Redux

Morning Scotty, D and Basya.

VacationOski is in full effect.  Slept until 8am, now DH is making bacon and eggs and I'm sipping some of my double chocolate coffee.  I need to find a job that will allow me to be on permanent vacation.

Today is a rest day.  Going to the movies to see This Is the End and then watching the Tour.

Enjoy your days!

delicate flower

Happy Friday, dailies!  I would like to get through this work day as quickly as possible if you don't mind.  Looks like another treadmill day today.  *sigh*

My first "advanced" PT session yesterday was interesting.  It wasn't really intense, but more focused on seeing where I am and doing some tests.  My therapist was very impressed with my progress.  The first thing he had me do was stand on one leg, jump forward, and land on that foot while sticking the landing.  I was like "Ehhhh, what?"  I was a little a nervous about that.  The first try was ugly because I was so apprehensive, but the next few were great and I felt no pain.  I can jump 76% of the distance on my repaired knee compared to my good knee.  PT Boy says that's really good for the first session.  The goal for the next month is to get that to 90%.  After that, we moved onto several other jumping exercises.  I was really happy I felt no pain or discomfort.  If there was any problem with my knee, yesterday's session would have brought that out.  Good stuff.

Afterwards, I hit the gym for 8 easy treadmill miles at 8:47 pace (137 heart rate).  Maybe tomorrow I can run outside?  Maybe?

<3

Jess runs for bacon

Wow, I know a lot of vocab, but that's a new one. Tag uses it describes me, since its an SRD. I'll walk a few miles today as usual though.

Scotty, I always love it when the roads are empty at abnormal times.

Damaris, sounds like a 7.

Basya, enjoy your workout. Do you have abs of steel yet?

Oski, happy vacation!

Phil, congrats on a great PT sesh!

Pinktastic

Hey There Tuesdaily Runners!!

Just a few more days left in the work week!   Woo Hoo!!

Scotty – Good Morning!   We don’t usually see you this early!   Thanks for the laughs to start the day!!   Have a great run after work!!

Damaris – Hope you feel better soon!!   Take care!

Basya – Sounds like you have the usual full plate of workouts on your schedule for later today!   Hope you nail them!!   Have a wonderful day!!

Oski – Happy Vacation Day!!   Mmmmm…..  Your breakfast sounds Pinktacular!!   Enjoy the movie and The Tour!!

Phil – Pinksational therapy session yesterday!!   Great progress is a result of all your dedicated efforts at rehab!!  Fingers crossed that you can get outside for your run tomorrow!!

Lilac - Enjoy your SRD!!

Since my incredibly recent return to the running world, I’ve been taking Abby (Boxer / Shar Pie mix) with me when I go out.   I figure that the walking portion would be good for her, and since I’m not running for long, she might be able to work herself up to short runs with me as well.   The walking part is going okay, but when it’s time to run, she wants to go at full gallop the whole time, and I am much to slow for that.   Hopefully, as the running time increases, she’ll learn that we’re going to run at less than full speed but for longer durations.   That’s my goal for her anyway…..    ;-)     We ran 1.21 miles in 13:01 this morning.

Have a Pink-mazing day!!  And, may your next run motivate you to conquer whatever your next challenge is!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Damaris, I now truly appreciate what you have to deal with everyday, well, at least when it comes to weather.  77* dew point again today, at 4:30am!  Combined with 7 miles makes for an obscene amount of sweat. lol

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Supp!

7 with strides done in nice cool, breezy weather.  As luck would have it, I ran the last stride about three feet away from the bosses secretary as she entered the building at about a 4:37 pace.  All I could see was that her jaw was on the ground, and she still has not said one word to me yet.  I think I killed her!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

I'll run at some point. Distance TBD. After two weeks of warm/humid/stormy I am so over summer. The dewpoint is 72. Again.

We got our tree taken care of yesterday. They ended up just trimming some of the branches. Because the power lines run behind our house, they couldn't get the truck back there so the guy had to climb the tree to cut the branches off. That was entertaining to watch. So now we have a bunch of branches behind our house and about 50 black walnuts just hanging out in the yard (AFTER picking up about 50 to try to harvest later).

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies! 5 easy miles this AM. When I was out I saw this older gent marking a course. I looked it up and there's a 10k starting less than a mile from my house. Registration is $10 online through today. Hmmm, maybe I should do that one. It's on the 4th. Might be a bit soon from my HM 1.5 weeks ago. Decisions, decisions.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

I have been over Summer since April.  I second that.  I don't want to look at my dewpoint because frankly, I might get depressed.  72 would be a nice change for me at this point.  Sniff.

Morning!

I'll run at some point. Distance TBD. After two weeks of warm/humid/stormy I am so over summer. The dewpoint is 72. Again.

We got our tree taken care of yesterday. They ended up just trimming some of the branches. Because the power lines run behind our house, they couldn't get the truck back there so the guy had to climb the tree to cut the branches off. That was entertaining to watch. So now we have a bunch of branches behind our house and about 50 black walnuts just hanging out in the yard (AFTER picking up about 50 to try to harvest later).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So...if I oversleep my run but dream about running during that time it still counts right??? I don't have my evening job tonight so hopefully can get my run in after work

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

HOORAY FRIDAY!  That makes Friday Monday AND Friday at the same time.  Crazy, right?

Went to the Y this am.  PT has me walking sideways on the treadmill with a band around my knees for 1 minute, switch sides etc.  Best done without shoes.  The lady at the Y made me put my shoes on - some crap about my socks getting caught in the belt and it's a liability.  Hey lady, I'm going .7mph.  I don't think I'm going to get caught and if I do I have like a minute to pull it out.  I guess I'm just lucky she didn't make me face forward like the SIGN SAYS.  I'm not crazy enough to take my socks off in that place.

grumble.