Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES are in the building (Read 38 times)

LRB

What up doe!

I am off for 7 the easy way.

Talk to me?

Decided to screw getting up early, and instead run at lunchtime today.

Dave

delicate flower

Talk to me?

Whatcha got there, chucko!

8 easy miles last night in shorts and a t-shirt.  More of the same today!  My legs were pretty dead yesterday.  I think Saturday's hard LR effort plus Monday's speed workout pretty much destroyed my legs.  But yesterday sure was a pleasant run.

Speaking of jogging, I registered for the Philadelphia Marathon last night (Nov 23).  I'm pretty excited about that one.  I've never been to the Motor City before.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Hope your 7 goes well Rick.

That was me yesterday Dave, it paid off tho, had a great run in beautiful weather, instead of in the dark. lol

That's how I felt this morning Phil, my legs were like lead, so I kept it short and slow.  Isn't Philadelphia the city of brotherly love?  Not that they act like it, I lived/worked there for about four years, don't really miss it that much.

4 sluggish miles done this morning.  Kind of like a double, less than 12 hours since my 9 miler yesterday and I didn't get much sleep.  Gonna get to bed early tonight and see what kind of quality run I can put together tomorrow.  Supposed to be the first workout of the McMillan 10k plan, 6x1 mile @ goal 10k pace.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

happylily

¡Hola!

I have 15 after work, but I may switch with Friday's 12 depending on my mental state (which is very volatile, as you all know).

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Speaking of jogging, I registered for the Philadelphia Marathon last night (Nov 23).  I'm pretty excited about that one.  I've never been to the Motor City before.

Nice! Wait, what?

Dave

happylily

I thought Motor City was Detroit. I'm all confused.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Had to finagle my running schedule a little this week because I am headed to Baltimore later today for a work conference that goes Thursday-Sunday. I switched Thursday's run to today instead of going to spin class today because I wanted one less thing to worry about tomorrow, as tomorrow will be the longest day of the conference, as there is Key Note address, Welcome Ceremony, ect after sessions, as well as an alumni reunion for my college after that. So I did 5 easy yesterday and a 4.5 mile fartlek today. I did it on the treadmill even though it isn't *so* cold outside because I have done my fartleks on the treadmill the last 3 weeks and *gasp* I kind of....wait for it....like treadmill speedwork now. I always hated the dreadmill but constantly changing speeds actually makes it quite tolerable.

Not sure how much I will check in while at the Conference as it will be phone only and I hate posting on my phone. I am skipping out of conference sessions and running a 10 mile race Sunday though....my plan calls for 10 miles and there was a 10 mile race nearby that I will run as a training run. Shhhh don't tell my boss or former professors.....lol.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Good morning, everyone!

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a great seven-miler.

DaveP MI, have fun running during lunch.

Phil, excellent eight. Bravo on registering for Philly.

Dave, nice job doing the four. Rest today.

Lily, enjoy your run tonight.

kristin10185, have a safe trip. Great job managing your schedule. I, too, slept in this morning. I'll run after work.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD for me.  Maybe a bike ride or weights.  We'll see.

I also thought Motor City was Detroit but what do I know!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I thought Motor City was Detroit. I'm all confused.

Yes, I think Baboon is making a funny.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning everyone. Who else has storms in their forecast?

Rocky and I got in 9 miles this morning, my legs are sore from going nonstop since Sunday (15.5 run, 5.2 walk, 6 run and now 9 run) so I am extremely happy that I will be resting tomorrow. For some reason it felt  like the 9 miles took longer than normal, but not according to my garmin.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

right in the middle of the sunshine state!

LRB

I'm all confused.

For as much as you have posted that lately that should be in your siggy.  lol

LRB

right in the middle of the sunshine state!

Next door to the land of Lincoln.  ;-)