Beginners and Beyond

Where you at Wednesdailies (Read 40 times)

B-Plus

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

B-Plus

There's no way I should be starting this out. Where is everybody?

Heading out for 6 too damn early recovery miles.

Hip Redux

There's no way I should be tarting this out? Where is everybody?

Heading out for 6 too damn early recovery miles.

Aren't you on the west coast?

Maybe everyone out on the east has melted into the pavement.

Morning!  Day four of RD week.... slowly going insane.  And still grumpy!  :P

delicate flower

Why hello there, internet!  You know, part of me feels like I should suck it up and run outside, but screw that.  The heat index will be pushing 100 with near record temperatures right around my post-work run time.  I ain't no hero!  Soooo, I see more treadmill on my schedule today.

I had another PT session yesterday.  I am so ready to be done with it.  I've got four or five more sessions yet still.  I told my therapist I did the duathlon the other day.  She said she's not sure she can throw anything at me in PT that will be harder than that.  So let me go already!  Yesterday I did a lot of side to side jumping and felt fine.  It kind of feels like I am just going through the motions now. 

<3

happylily

Good morning everyone!

The cafeine is working its magic on me and I'm ready for my bike ride. Did my lifting yesterday, so none of that today. I will try running 1 mile tonight to see how the heel responds. Fingers crossed.

No air-conditioning in my house. It will reach 91F with a feel like of 111F. It was hell trying to sleep last night. I hope we get some rain later today...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Another treadmill double today. As Phil said, too damn hot outside. I usually try to run outside no matter what, but my breaking point is 0F and 100F. Anything between that is a-ok.

So, 4 at lunch and 6 after work.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

3 mile fartlek. It was already 83 degreesand 75% humidity at SIX IN THE MORNING!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StepbyStep-SH

I'm taking this week's SRD today. Just wanted to sleep in. I wish I could say it was keeping me from running my MLR in the heat, but I am afraid tomorrow morning will be even warmer.

Instead, our heat advisory is perfectly timed for the county fair, so yesterday we had the oven on for DS to bake a cake as one of his first-ever 4-H entries.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Supp crew!

6.5 easy done in some sticky icky icky shit.

Walking up to the house in that hot muggy air, my clothes were completely drenched and clinging to me and I was like WTF man!

I got in the house and five minutes standing in that cool air blowing out of the vents in those same wet clothes and I was like WTF man!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

There's no way I should be tarting this out?

Hey, who you calling 'tarts"?  Wink  Hope your too damn early recovery miles went well, B-Plus!

Sorry you are have to rest all week, Oski.   As for going insane....

Welcome to my world!

Yeah, Phil, only Damaris is THAT insane to run in those temps!  Wink  Well, me too sometimes..but if the heat index is ABOVE 100, well then, it's a no-go. Joking  So sorry you are burning out mentally on the PT.  Doesn't sound to me like you need it anyway, all the stuff you do.  You're already giving yourself PT!  Hope they release you. If they don't, maybe it's some type of liability issue, maybe they have to do so much for you before they can release you.   Anyway, good luck!

Hope your heel behaves, lily!  Wow, it gets that hot in Canada?  No a/c in that weather sucks!  Sounds like you and hubby need a mini-vacation in an air conditioned hotel until your a/c gets fixed!

Welcome to Texas weather, Kristin!  Good on ya for getting it done!

No running for me today.  I have to go to court to drop some paperwork off, and after that, get a haircut, I'm getting kind of 'shaggy."  Funny, I used to have real long hair during my youth, but since my military days, my hair just starts touching my ears and it drives me crazy.

Enjoy your rest day, Step.  Good luck with that long run tomorrow..maybe a cold front will move in for you. Wink  Good luck to your son!

Congrats on your 6, LRB.  Yeah, same thing here in San Antonio, you can't win.  Sweat like hell outside, then freeze when you go back into the A/C.  We got lots of folks at the university walking around with the sniffles, etc.,  Thankfully, I'm not one of them...knock on wood.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am preparing for my trial this afternoon.  Either 4 or SRD depending on the trial and the wonderful dentist appointment I have tonight.  Oh, and the run will only happen if the 3" of rain that's on the floor goes away, as I almost had to swim to my car this morning.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Did another one of my weekly off road tri's last night.  I knew I was still tired from Sunday but I just needed to go and have a stress free, panic free swim.  SUCCESS.  The bike was the same for me but the run killed me.  Yep, DEAD.

So Yoga today.  And maybe a nap as I wfh.

Stay cool all.  I'll be home in the AC if you need me.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning everyone!

Looks like I'll be joining several of you on the TM today. It's just too damn hot to be outside. Will do 5 or so and will work in some speed since I won't be in an oven.

Have a good one!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

14.1 for me this am.  Now meetings all the rest of the day

Marjorie

RSX

I ran 5.66 along our Charles River. No way it should be in the 80s at 6:30.

Tonight I have ART. My neck will be cracked which will be great, and I get kinesio taped for my hip flexors among other things.