Beginners and Beyond

Wha cha doing TuesDAILIES? (Read 40 times)

LRB

35 minutes of core work before work for me, I am starting to get a real good feel for the big ball.

Medicine ball overhead crunches - 25, 25.
    Medicine ball between knee crunches - 15, 15.
    Medicine ball overhead to knee crunches - 20, 20.
    Stability ball alt hip extensions - 10, 20.
    Stability ball hip bridges - 10, 20.
    Stability ball single leg hip bridges - 5/5, 5/5.
    Stability ball plank w/ leg lifts - 5/5, 5/5.
    Side glute leg raises - 15/15, 20/20.

You?

happylily

7 miles with 6x100m strides. And that's it.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Pilates and maybe a run with hubby tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

7 miles with 6x100m strides. And that's it.

And there is nothing wrong with that!

Hi Dailies.

LRB: Nice core work!

D: Jeesh, take a day off, lady!

10 miles later today, easy pace. Week 3 starts now!

Docket_Rocket

And there is nothing wrong with that!

Hi Dailies.

LRB: Nice core work!

D: Jeesh, take a day off, lady!

10 miles later today, easy pace. Week 3 starts now!

I did!  yesterday!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.5. Pilates later

Marjorie

From the Internet.

Morning!

First workout of HM training yesterday early morning yesterday - just feeling out where I'm at after surgery and a few months of easy miles. 8x2 min pickups (last one 2:30), 2x hills in the middle. 6.1 miles total. Weights midday - squat, OHP, glute bridges.

I got a million hours of sleep last night after all that and ran 3.3 easy/recovery miles this morning. Still feeling good.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Busy day for everyone today?  Not much posting going on.

Get off work at 4 pm, will probably be out and doing my run/walk by 4:30 or 5 PM.    Sunny, 46 degrees with a light 8 mph wind making it feel like 42 degrees, so not bad. Plan on about 4 miles.  Have not yet decided where I am going to run today though...maybe the university campus...maybe one of the many local parks we have here....I have too many darn running route choices!  Tough, isn't it? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

6.5. Pilates later

Marjorie, when you do your pilates, do you do it for, like, 1.2 hours, or 1.1 hours, or...... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

My primary care doc says she thinks it is more likely meniscus than MCL. We'll see what an ortho doc says next Tuesday. In the meantime: "activity as tolerated" and continue wearing the neoprene sleeve I unearthed from hurting this knee 20+ years ago in high school. Hopefully I'll be moving well enough in a day or two to hit the Y for some upper body work, and I am going to see about ordering a decent swimsuit/cap/goggles/earplugs so I can get back to doing some cardio.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

My primary care doc says she thinks it is more likely meniscus than MCL. We'll see what an ortho doc says next Tuesday. In the meantime: "activity as tolerated" and continue wearing the neoprene sleeve I unearthed from hurting this knee 20+ years ago in high school. Hopefully I'll be moving well enough in a day or two to hit the Y for some upper body work, and I am going to see about ordering a decent swimsuit/cap/goggles/earplugs so I can get back to doing some cardio.

That would explain how you are able to keep running on it.

B-Plus

35 minutes of core work before work for me, I am starting to get a real good feel for the big ball.

Medicine ball overhead crunches - 25, 25.
                          Medicine ball between knee crunches - 15, 15.
                          Medicine ball overhead to knee crunches - 20, 20.
                          Stability ball alt hip extensions - 10, 20.
                          Stability ball hip bridges - 10, 20.
                          Stability ball single leg hip bridges - 5/5, 5/5.
                          Stability ball plank w/ leg lifts - 5/5, 5/5.
                          Side glute leg raises - 15/15, 20/20.

You?

Do you even run anymore?

B-Plus

I opted to sleep in this morning, so I have 6 x 800 @ 5k-10k on hills tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've got my massage this evening, that's about it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)