Beginners and Beyond

The things I Miss About RW (Read 714 times)

MrNamtor

1. The constant threat of being perma-banned made me feel ALIVE!!

2. Pluck's random avatar assignments created many surreal and artistic statements.

3. Pluck's random deletion of posts allowed me to revise what I wanted to say

4. The slowness of the system gave me time to do things, like write a few emails while waiting for the forum to appear.

5. The built-in word filters developed my vocabulary in thinking of alternate terms for "fuck" and "dickhead".

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST

6. I LOVE watching live streams of sporting events and really enjoyed all the posted links.

edit:ty srl for the the correction.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Damnit. I deleted my own post.

runfoolery

Maybe the CIA could use the spammers as their source for fake foreign passports...

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Maybe the CIA could use the spammers as their source for fake foreign passports...

ROFL

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I miss PMing with S*S about my banning.  I thought maybe we were becoming friends toward the end there.  Cry

Running is dumb.

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

"puppy momma"

Bless her heart. 

sugnim

Puppy Mama!  Hahahaha!  OMG, I'm gonna lose it.  That's friggin hilarious!  You Puppy Mama!  I'm feeling like a real puppy mama today!

CClay

Better than all of you

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Promises promises

delicate flower

I, for one, am just glad they keep sending me e-mail spam about the paleo diet.  They really want me to try that thing. 

<3

Jenven

I, for one, am just glad they keep sending me e-mail spam about the paleo diet.  They really want me to try that thing. 

This reminds me of the time I tried to unsubscribe from one of RW's daily emails. I clicked on the Unsubscribe link and up popped a draft email with Unsubscribe in the subject. Perfect! Send! A couple minutes later I got an email that said: "You can manage your e-mail preferences for Runner's World through the Rodale e-mail preference center (http://preferences.rodale.com/pc/pcp/index). Here you can change your newsletter and special offers preferences for all of Rodale's publications."  Uhm, why didn't you just tell me that in the beginning?

Started C25K on 9/6/12. First 5K set for 1/13/13.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Because they HEART email.

RunJasonRun

I miss that "Food Resolutions for 2011" video that was always linked in the right margin of the RWOL forums over the past two years.  The old ways must be reinforced on a constant basis for behavior adaptation.  

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

Happy to be running

You said fuck and dickhead...

New runner base building for my first marathon 

I have run 2 half marathons 1:52:42 & 1:58:00

xor

Nam, it's Pluck with an L.