Beginners and Beyond

No Winter Wonderland Wednesdailies (Read 33 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Not for me anyway, at least!

Unlike Gustav on the Penguins thread, I did not stay home because of the snow storm.  Lovely run/walk after work yesterday at the Zoo park area.  68 degrees, humidity around 40 percent, dewpoint in the 50s, nice and sunny, and it was even still light near 6:15 PM when I finished my outing.  I started out with 3 easy miles in mind but once again, since I was feeling really good when I got out there, I threw in a near extra mile and ended up with  3.5 miles.  Along the route, I even took a detour to run easily on the paths through the Japanese Gardens, enjoying the lovely scenery there, the carp in the pools, etc.   What a very relaxing and enjoyable run!  Well, except for running into the tree, that was not so much fun.  There was this lovely lady, you see, going in the other direction...and I turned my head back to get a last look at her very Great Legs as she ran on down the road...and then turned back around...and the low hanging tree limb was RIGHT there!  Whack....owwww..... These two cyclists going by saw it all and stopped to see if I was okay - I was, by the way, just a couple of small scratches on my cheek where the bark scraped it - but could not help but laugh.  What are you gonna do?  I'm a klutz and an idiot, so I just had to laugh with them.   And here is some irony..I did not even have to take a second look because as I made my way around the neighborhood I happened to be in then...the lady came back around the other way and came towards me once again.  So I would have gotten a second appreciative look anyway, sheesh.   As we came near each other she said "Hey, Scottydog, your cheek is bleeding, you okay?"  We both stopped and I said "You know me?"   And she told me yeah, she reads my race reports on my blog, so has seen my photo there, and has done a few of the same races I have.  Small world!   So we had a chat and I admitted to my Great Legs 'idiocy", telling her what happened, and thankfully she has a good sense of humor and jokingly said "I would expect nothing less of Scottydog"   - gotta love runners -  and we both had a good laugh at my expense, and I made a new friend.  Nice.

Today is a rest day from running, may do a walk after work as it will be sunny again and 70 degrees.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

5.2 miles for me and Rocky this morning. We'll get our other 2 miles in this evening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Supp!

6 easy on the belt.  I am finding it takes a few minutes more to run on that stupid thing than just heading out the door and running.  For whatever reason, I find that I am behind time-wise on treadmill days despite no change in anything else.

So then, as you were!

StepbyStep-SH

Scotty, sometimes I wonder if you make this stuff up to just to make us laugh. Glad you are OK.

Recovery miles on tap for me as soon as I drop DS at school. Might be a bit slippery, but I'm still going to shuffle through them outside. Probably only 5 or so.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Pinktastic

Good Wednesday Morning, Friends!

How is everyone this morning?   Hope y'all are safe and warm today!

Scotty – Thanks for starting us off!   You crack me up!   Glad the run-in with the tree didn’t cause any major damage!   With as many races / reports as you do, I’m surprised that you’re not recognized more often when you’re out running. You’re quite the celebrity!

FS – Nice run this morning! Hope you’re feeling better today!

LRB – Way to get your miles in, even if you had to go to the TM to do them!   How’s Mrs. Coffee treating you this morning?

Shari – Be careful out there today!   Hope your run is Pinktacular!

I had to talk to myself sternly to make myself get out of bed this morning, but I got in 4.28 miles under the big, bright moon.   And, as always happens, I’m glad I got up and ran even though I felt like sleeping in.   :-)

Have a Pinktabulous day!   And, may your next run leave you feeling absolutely GLORIOUS!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

delicate flower

GOOD MORNING NOW!

*smh at Scotty*

Nice running, Pink!  It's nice to see you getting miles in again.  Smile

Treadmill for me yesterday due to that suck of a snowstorm.  It took nearly 30 minutes to make the five mile drive home from the gym last night.  Holy cripes.  I could almost run home faster than that.  More treadmill today, though we've got warmer weather and rain coming later this week so I may get to run outdoors again in the near future.  I just need some of that ice to wash away.

DW comes home from Florida today.  Good...the animals miss her.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Just in case you were wondering, it is not snowing in Miami either.  4 miles tonight.

Phil, your wife was lucky to get our Winter weather while she is here.  After all, it's 75F!

I really don't think Trixie is improving and, although she is not getting worse, tomorrow's blood test will let us know if her liver meds are working.  If she continues to raise those numbers, that means she will not get better.  Cross your fingers and paws (if applicable, LOL) for good news tomorrow.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Pink, there was a full moon out Sad I wish I had just got out of bed at 1:30 this morning and ran, but I didn't want to. The big bastard was shining bright though at 6:30 this morning, still not the same as at night though. Oh well, next full moon is on January 16 and I really want to run under a full moon damn it.

I am feeling better, much better than yesterday.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies. Shopping with the DD went well yesterday. We went to the play area at the mall and we were the only ones there for 20 minutes. Then about 4 other kids showed up and I let her play another 25 minutes. Then we picked up some stuff at Bed, Bath and Beyond for DW's stocking.

This morning was 10 minute w/u & c/d @ 6.5 mph, with 5x 3 min @ 8.0 mph on the Treadmill. I think I need to double-check my recommended pace for a vDOT of 43 that I'm training with. At 8.0 mph, I go 640 meters or so in 3 minutes.

Today, I'm going to donate blood sometime this morning. Then eat some food and go to my wife's appointment late this afternoon. Smile Have a great day everyone.

- Andrew

Will run for scenery.

Well I walked 3 miles last night w/o any foot pain.  Didn't run into any trees, either.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

StepbyStep-SH

Scotty, sometimes I wonder if you make this stuff up to just to make us laugh. Glad you are OK.

Recovery miles on tap for me as soon as I drop DS at school. Might be a bit slippery, but I'm still going to shuffle through them outside. Probably only 5 or so.

Called it good enough at 4.3. Legs are tired.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well I walked 3 miles last night w/o any foot pain.  Didn't run into any trees, either.

That is good to know.

Damaris

LRB

How’s Mrs. Coffee treating you this morning?

Lately I have been brewing it just before I leave the crib, then drinking it on the way to the gym.  I miss out on my internet surfing, quiet morning time doing it that way, but have found that it takes the drag out of the drive and subsequent run.

Do you race at all or are you more of a runner?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.2 miles. Didn't know how it would do 2 days in a row. But, it did fine. I did Rock tape just in case. Nerve is still irritated but my feet didn't burn as much so that is better. I will take the progress. As tempted as I was to do 6 more miles, I restrained myself and stopped.

I'm so glad it is improved.

Marjorie

LRB

Treadmill for me yesterday due to that suck of a snowstorm.

It has snowed everyday here Since Saturday, so much so that my driveway is starting to look like I did not shovel it last weekend, doh!  I am not one of those people (like my neighbors on either side of me and across the street) who shovel once an hour every hour.  Nope, I get it once or twice after the major stuff stops, then pray for rain!  lol

Scotty, did Gail give you a lashing and you are just not saying?  ;-)

Enjoy the run later D!

Nice run FS, Pink and Step!

Good news s22!

Drew, the best thing about Daniels is you never have to guess.  Every question you have is in there somewhere.  Excellent run!

You are being prudent Marj.  I fought those same temptations when I went back to back those first couple of times.

As for me, soup & salad is on the menu today as I really need to get back on track weight-wise.  I am only talking 4 to 6 lbs which is not a lot relatively speaking, but it is a crap ton where 5k times are concerned!