Beginners and Beyond

Walla Walla Wednseday Penguins (Read 21 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!).

"We don't know who we are until we see what we can do." - Martha Grimes

PADRunner

4 done gym tonight. repeat...

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Core and 4 miles tonight.

PAD, enjoy your 4 later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Gotta mow the lawn after 2 weeks due to vacation.  (Boooooo!)

Then weights and possibly a few on the hamster wheel but I might be done after weights.

Coming back to work after a vacation S-U-C-K-S!!!!! 

Randy

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.1 easy miles this morning.  Nice run/walk through the park near the Zoo.  Stuffed some bread into my pockets before my run/walk and at the halfway point I  stopped alongside the river in the park for a couple of minutes to toss the bread to the ducks in the water.   Nice little outing, but I think our 'cool front' is gone now....nearly 80 degrees this morning, dewpoint in the 70s, and humidity about 86%.  Short distance, but drenched in sweat by the time I was done.

Happy gym time, PAD!

Good luck with the core and miles later, Damaris.

Redrum...vacation is over....get that lawn mowed and get back to work! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Hey guys!  Moved Friday's easy day to today, and today's RD to tomorrow so that I can pick up DD and we can head out of town for a few days!  Hopefully I can get the hang of driving here!  The real trick will be getting out of the city.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

3.5 this morning.  Trying to get back to the point where I don't feel like I'm dying when I run.  Following HH novice HM plan for my fall HM.  I'd hoped to be up to 35 mpw at this point (pre-injury) and now instead I'm happy with any mileage at all.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Hiya, Penguins!!  I've been to Walla Walla, actually.  Anyway, on the first day of my vacation I am having a blast!  I slept in, got up and walked with Dusty and DH, and it was good.  Actually it was a little late for Dusty, so it was too warm, and he and DH bailed before I was done.  I wore out my dog!  Now I have a few work things to clear off my plate, so I thought I'd stop by here first.

PAD -- you're on a good strong schedule!!  I have no consistency ...

Docket -- have a good core and 4!!

red -- we had the same problem with our lawn ... the stuff just keeps growing!!

scotty -- nice miles and duck feeding!!

Zelanie -- woo-hoo for shuffling your schedule and time with DD!!

sapf -- hope the runs feel easier!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Have fun at the gym, pad.

Have a good 4 and core, DR.

Have fun at work, red.  Delete those emails.

Did you quack at the ducks, Scotty?

Drive safely, Zel.

Nice start to the vacation, HsM.

35 sounds ambitious, sapf.  Good luck.

Slow 3 for us.  Knee is a little achy today.  I'm trying to keep my knees straight while at work so they don't ache as much.  Mostly, I forget, though. Think I will get a footrest to prop them up.

Singer who runs a smidge

Wow, it's been quiet today!  All of the penguins must be working or sleeping or running, not chatting!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Robert31320

Team TJ

URD for me.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Wow, it's been quiet today!  All of the penguins must be working or sleeping or running, not chatting!

I am working too hard. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Hi all.. Didn't checkec in..

5easy done.. Was a little tough(contradicting I know) after yday tempo.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

on my way to badass

HI penguins! I was on vacation last week and then I did 2 days of laundry. I missed about 4 runs while on vacation. The last couple I have had have been fugly. Here's hoping I get my mojo back soon.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28