Beginners and Beyond

The Weekend Penguin Parade of Wisdom and Wonder. (Read 23 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"If the hill has its own name, then it's probably a pretty tough hill."

-Marty Stern

PADRunner

Morning Penguins!

Nice morning run here @ 67. Schedule was for 4 easy but ended up doing 5 tempo.

Good luck to this weekends runners!

obiebyke

Morning, PAD! Wow, you really picked it up!

Usually Friday is a SRD and I run Saturday, but I got off work early and did C25K W2D3 yesterday. I love that it was late September but, like, 80! Beautiful, and my knees feel a-okay today.

I'm going on a mini road trip with my girlfriend today. Hope you all enjoy the weekend!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.  Most likely with hubby.

Two more runs until taper.

PAD, nice 4 and weather.

obiebyke, enjoy the rest.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning PAD, Obie, and Docket.

3.5 street run for us.  Bike path is too crowded.

Good luck weekend racers and have a nice weekend.

GinnyinPA

PAD - good job on the unplanned tempo.  Some days you just feel too good to go slowly.

Obie - have fun on your road trip this weekend. Just wandering or do you have a destination in mind?

Damaris - have fun running with DH tonight.  Is he still a lot slower than you?  It will be an easy run then.

Jerry - that's the trouble with beautiful autumn days:  everybody wants to enjoy them.

AFM: We're heading out for a short hike.  Hopefully we can find someplace not too busy.  Ben gets too excited when there are a lot of people and other dogs around.

tracilynn

Morning pengs!

I did an easy 4M this morning dodging neighborhood yard sale people.

Now to watch my 5 yr old play baseball and the whole family to pumpkin patch after the game. A couple cold ones tonight.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Going shopping for a new Garmin, hopefully I'll test it later for a 10 mile jog.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

PAD, Obie, Jerry & Traci - nice running this morning!

Obie, have a fun trip with your friends.

Mitch & Damaris, hope you have good runs later.

Ginny - happy hiking. Smile

9 miles for me this morning.  It was a good run.  I was with a friend who pushed a bit the last 3 miles, but that's way better than last week when I started out too fast.

hog4life

Could not find it, so had to order it. It should be here by Thursday of next week.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Got in some race training time today.  TJ needed to stop for a snack...   That kid...

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Happy weekend Pens.  Long time no see!  I'm (very slowly) getting back to running.  I have a 10 mile race tomorrow that I'm woefully under trained for, but I'm giving it a go.  I will take walk breaks as necessary and just try to enjoy the day :-)  I'm grateful to be able to run at all so I'll take whatever I can get for now.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

sapf - did you get injured?  Good luck at your race tomorrow.

Mitch - which Garmin are you getting?

Tracilynn - busy day.  You will have earned your cold beer.

Brilliant - good job on the run.  That's one reason to run with others; they'll either speed you up or slow you down.

Robert - so what kind of snack did you stop for?

Robert31320

Team TJ

sapf - did you get injured?  Good luck at your race tomorrow.

Mitch - which Garmin are you getting?

Tracilynn - busy day.  You will have earned your cold beer.

Brilliant - good job on the run.  That's one reason to run with others; they'll either speed you up or slow you down.

Robert - so what kind of snack did you stop for?

He loves Honeybuns.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Zelanie

Hi there!  We saw The Tempest last night.  It was good but I am way too sleepy these days- came back to the hotel and crashed hard while everybody else played cards.  Today I got in a walk, some window shopping, and 8 easy miles (half sightseeing and half on the TM).  We're about to head out to dinner and then to see Richard III in the Elizabethan theatre.