Beginners and Beyond

Who wants to run for me SunDAILIES (Read 51 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

Bah.

delicate flower

*rubs eyes*  'Morning.  10 hours of sleep last night.  DW woke me up at 8:00 figuring I had slept enough.  She's probably right.

Maybe a trail run later.  And maybe a bike ride.  Maybe either, both, or neither.  Maybe some shopping, maybe lunch with an Oski, maybe a nap later.  The only thing that is certain is that I'll be grilling burgers and potatoes for dinner.

<3

B-Plus

<yawn> Need coffee now.

Heading out for 18 mo friggin miles after coffee and oatmeal.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Wow - I almost started the Dailies! Y'all are sleeping in! Smile

Morning, Dailies.

Morning, LRB. Morning, Phil. Morning, B-Plus!

Heading out in a little while for a few easy miles. Yesterday's 10 mile run turned into an 8 mile run. I didn't really "hit" the wall, but I kept scraping up against it! Looking for 4 today, as soon as the coffee takes hold.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Finished 14 with the last 4 @ MP.  It was 86F and 77 dewpoint at 5am and 92F and 77 dewpoint when I finished at 8:30am.  Bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

meaghansketch

Good morning dailies!

Hi LRB, Baboon, Tom!

B-Plus- Good luck on your 18!

Damaris- nice run, especially with the conditions.

Back from 16.  Weather was slightly better than yesterday though my legs were tired from the beginning.  Glad to be done with this week of running, that's for sure!  I just took a cutback week and I'm already feeling ready for another.

Docket_Rocket

Nice 16, Meagan!

I am just glad next Sunday is 18 miles easy.  The one after that might be hard but give me easy and I'll do it in 95-100F!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Will run for scenery.

Good morning sleepy heads and sweaty people.

I'm still super excited about yesterday's run up the start of Barr Trail (1500' gain in about 2 mi).  Being able to run (instead of walk) that grade opens up a whole new world of training possibilities.  But Pike's Peak Marathon is less than a month away (yikes!) so there isn't a lot of training time left.

Right now, though, I've got my sights trained on coffee.  Have a great day.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ended up with 11.81 miles. - nice to get them done a little faster at 7:53 pace.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Jess runs for bacon

Morning everyone! I am super sleepy again today. Trying to wake up then do my 8 miler. I will be running it on the TM, watching the Hobbit.

Also, I just signed up for my first marathon. Uh oh.

Docket_Rocket

I am such a bad influence!

Morning everyone! I am super sleepy again today. Trying to wake up then do my 8 miler. I will be running it on the TM, watching the Hobbit.

Also, I just signed up for my first marathon. Uh oh.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

I am such a bad influence!

FYI everyone this is all D's fault.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

FYI everyone this is all D's fault.

When is said marathon?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies. SRD for me.

I had my 12-person 81 mile relay Friday night/Yesterday morning. Our team was made up mostly of people around that 8:15 mm pace people. We did have 2 guys who ran about 7 mm, and one gal who ran about 11 mm. I had one of the longer legs at 8.2 miles. I ran from about 2:45 AM to 3:50 AM. I did it at about a 8:00 overall pace. I was faster than my expected time by a few minutes, because when I got at the relay exchange the gal I was handing off to was in the porta-pottie. Smile

- Andrew