Beginners and Beyond

Dailies: The MONDAY Edition. (Read 41 times)

Hip Redux

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

Hip Redux

Morning folks!   What's happening?

LRB - got the new avi from a google search.  :P  The good thing about having a college mascot as your ID is that there are plenty of photos to steal available. Big grin   Also, I meant to mention in yesterday's dailies - congrats on the huge week!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 miles tonight but this cold continues.  We'll see how I feel today.

At least I slept a good 5 hours last night.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

The good thing about having a college mascot as your ID is that there are plenty of photos to steal available.

It agrees with you.  Thanks!

Gonna run short, heading out the door...

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning fellow runners! SRD for me. I just came off my highest mileage week in a month. I ran 34.72 miles. I will shoot for 40+ this week. I want to eventually get back to 50+ miles per week.

Have a great start to the week! God bless!

delicate flower

Hello there, MONDAY!  Today is *looking* like it might be a quiet day in the office.  I've got 7 easy miles on my post-work schedule.  Goal HM is this Saturday and the early weather forecast says sunny and 50 at gun time.  Holy cow do I hope that holds true.

Yesterday was 9 easy-ish miles on a hilly route at 8:17 pace.  It was windy, too.  I remember how much the wind bothered me when I first started running.  Now I'm like "Eh, whatever."

Have a great Monday!

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Monday!  Sep 9th Holidays are Teddy Bear Day; National Grandparents Day; Wonderful Weirdos Day (yay, a day for me!); and Weinerschnitzel Day.

KEYWORD1  2007-01-31  telephone  telephones  phone  phones  cell phone  cell phones  cellphone  cell

grandparents cartoons, grandparents cartoon, grandparents picture, grandparents pictures, grandparents image, grandparents images, grandparents illustration, grandparents illustrations

grandparents cartoons, grandparents cartoon, grandparents picture, grandparents pictures, grandparents image, grandparents images, grandparents illustration, grandparents illustrations

teddy bear cartoons, teddy bear cartoon, teddy bear picture, teddy bear pictures, teddy bear image, teddy bear images, teddy bear illustration, teddy bear illustrations

teddy bear cartoons, teddy bear cartoon, teddy bear picture, teddy bear pictures, teddy bear image, teddy bear images, teddy bear illustration, teddy bear illustrations

weirdo cartoons, weirdo cartoon, weirdo picture, weirdo pictures, weirdo image, weirdo images, weirdo illustration, weirdo illustrations

weirdo cartoons, weirdo cartoon, weirdo picture, weirdo pictures, weirdo image, weirdo images, weirdo illustration, weirdo illustrations

KEYWORD1  2008-02-08  book  books  read  reading  story  stories  literature  writer

KEYWORD1  2008-05-26  dog  dogs  canine  canines  pet  pets  animal  animals

sausage cartoons, sausage cartoon, sausage picture, sausage pictures, sausage image, sausage images, sausage illustration, sausage illustrations

sausage cartoons, sausage cartoon, sausage picture, sausage pictures, sausage image, sausage images, sausage illustration, sausage illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi guys!

My whole body hurts. All of it. I can barely walk. So glad I'm not at work today.

Edit: Thought I'd share that I bought myself a post-marathon present: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007UF1EQM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today.

Saturday, did my 50th race of 2013:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/765d7b938619490da3ade6a3f6321573/resume#focus

After the race, went to watch UTSA play Oklahoma State. We got whomped by OSU 56 - 35. But we did put up 35 points against a Top 25 team, so that's progress for us, we've only had a football team for 3 years.    Sunday morning, I went to a local park and did an easy 3.2 miles on soft dirt trails.  My legs appreciated that after two VERY hilly runs during the week, a 5-miler on Labor Day and my race on Saturday.   After my run I was lazy all day, just sat around watching football.  Unfortunately, those darn Giants had 6 turnovers and so the Damn Dallas Cowboys won, sadly. Cry

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

My whole body hurts. All of it. I can barely walk.  

And isn't it AWESOME?  Big grin

You earned that present.

<3

Docket_Rocket

April, yay!  When is the next one? Big grin

Seriously, go out there and walk as much as you can.  A slow run might even help but take it easy.  The more you move, the better it will get.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Rest day for me today.

Saturday, did my 50th race of 2013:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/765d7b938619490da3ade6a3f6321573/resume#focus

After the race, went to watch UTSA play Oklahoma State. We got whomped by OSU 56 - 35. But we did put up 35 points against a Top 25 team, so that's progress for us, we've only had a football team for 3 years.    Sunday morning, I went to a local park and did an easy 3.2 miles on soft dirt trails.  My legs appreciated that after two VERY hilly runs during the week, a 5-miler on Labor Day and my race on Saturday.   After my run I was lazy all day, just sat around watching football.  Unfortunately, those darn Giants had 6 turnovers and so the Damn Dallas Cowboys won, sadly. Cry

50th already?  Damn.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Baboon, here's me saying good luck on your race Saturday, just in case I don't get to before then. (I guess I just did.)

Wow Scotty, congrats on 50 races this year!

I must have stepped wrong somewhere on my LR yesterday. The top of my left foot hurts. Like a pulled muscle. I can still run, and I did this morning. As I put in my log, it's probably the most brutal workout I have. I did an 8 mile tempo run on a TM this morning. Having no cooling just makes the sweat pour. They really need a couple of fans in there.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Zelanie

Morning!  Congratulations to April and Tom!

I am hoping that my new Cortanas arrive today so that I can take them out for a spin this evening.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Didn't get my 5 miles in this morning, DH is being eaten alive by poison ivy or oak so I slept on an air mattress in my son's room. My son was up all night with abdominal cramps so he was miserable, and then of course we were kept up by DH constantly getting up and moving about the house in frustration. So I'll be getting my 5 miles in later today in 90 degrees and a cruel sun bearing down on me.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)