Beginners and Beyond

Latest Asthma Update :-) (Read 350 times)

Better I Leave

Well done! Color me impressed that you run given your asthma. I had a nephew (through marriage) who had asthma and any physical exertion was very difficult for the boy, so I know a bit about how "life" can be in dealing with it. The fact that you've improved, through your determination and effort, to the point of going off the albuterol is doubly impressive. You totally deserve to be happy today...you've earned it. Smile

bobruns

That is such great news Damaris.  Most people would have just taken the easy road and quit running.  I swear you ran more. 

Rungry!

Just curious...are you on any other meds besides albuterol? I take Serevent and Qvar (steroid) daily, and I only use albuterol as my emergency inhaler (I usually only need it when it is windy and dusty, or when I have a cold). I used to weeze walking to the 7-11 but I now have lungs of steel.

Jen

His Slowness

Congratulations!  That'll keep my running for a while.

kettledrum

Yay!!  That is great news!

Docket_Rocket

I am on Symbicort but it was not enough. This Summer I was in Symbicort, Singulair and Albuterol (before and during runs) and I was still getting episodes. I've improved a lot, trust me.

Just curious...are you on any other meds besides albuterol? I take Serevent and Qvar (steroid) daily, and I only use albuterol as my emergency inhaler (I usually only need it when it is windy and dusty, or when I have a cold). I used to weeze walking to the 7-11 but I now have lungs of steel.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

That's terrific news!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Very happy for you, Damaris, congrats on your progress, way to go! And very glad she did not chew your ass, it's such a nice one, you really need to keep it.  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

not lazy, just tired

Congratulations, Damaris. Great news!

Not if it makes sense.

hog4life

That's great news D!
                      Purple Toes

Wow, that's amazing news!

Ball of Fury

That's great Damaris!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

From the Internet.

Wow, congrats! Awesome news Big grin

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Great news D.  The fewer med's you take the better.  Do you think your running has actually helped, by putting you in better shape to takle the asthma as opposed to those who are sedentary?

Nevrgivup

That's great that your off the Albuterol and that your winning your battle with asthma. May the New Year keep you healthy and strong!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del.