Beginners and Beyond

Back On The Horse Tuesday Penguins (Read 22 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"You can't go back and make a brand new start, but you can start now and make a brand-new end."

-Jack Garmise

PADRunner

Lots of people coming back, starting over and recovering. Hop on!

Hit the TM last night for a brisk walk and did 2 run/walk this morning on it. May try the group practice tonight.

on my way to badass

Good morning Penguins! Enjoy group practice PAD. Still streaking here.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ride, Penguins, Ride!

Planning on 3 to 4 easy miles after work today around a local park that is near the San Antonio Zoo.  We have a 'front' coming in this week, so weather is getting a bit cooler...it was ALL the way down to 45 degrees this morning...and today's high will ONLY be 65 degrees. 

Enjoy the group run tonite, PAD, if you go!

Happy Streaking, StoneFence!  Are you buried in snow up there yet?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have been sick since Saturday so no running since then.  Back at the office today so if I make it through the day, I'll run some tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  We slept warm and snug last night with our freshly filtered heat pump, so that was all good.  I stopped by the brand-new Duck Donuts here in Richmond on the way home.  These things are so good, they totally melt in your mouth.  It was their grand opening day, so it took a little time, but oh, so worth it!!  And DH was surprised, since he didn't know they were open, so that was fun.  Tonight I get to go home again, woo-hoo!!

PAD -- sounds like you're cruising along!!

Stone -- woo-hoo for you still streaking!!

scottydog -- that picture is just really weird ... sorry for your "cold" weather!!

Docket -- hope you make it through the day!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

If it isn't raining, I plan on running 45 minutes easy. DW is going to take DD2 to see The Hobbit. I read the book and that's good enough for me.

Ok then.

Singer who runs a smidge

I was hungry, so I ate my lunch.  Not sure what I'm going to do around 4:00 ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

I was hungry, so I ate my lunch.  Not sure what I'm going to do around 4:00 ...

Pull a Hobbit and eat a second lunch then?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Pad - enjoy your double run today.  You must be feeling recovered from your race.

Scotty - chilly! Enjoy your run later.

SF - good job keeping up the streak.

Damaris - sorry you've been so sick.  I hope you're doing better tonight.

HM - a real rest day for you.  Enjoy the break. Did you save a donut for mid-afternoon snack?

Jack - I loved the Hobbit, but won't see the movies because I'm so mad they split it into three parts to get more money out of fans.  I hope you get a dry run this evening.

AFM:  Tonight is supposed to be the Christmas Light Run with the LRC.  It's raining all day, so I don't know whether the run will happen.  I have something weird going on with my hamstring (pain behind the knee at the lower end of the hamstring as well as at the upper end), so it would probably be better for me if it gets cancelled, but I really wanted to do it.  I may start with the group and if my leg doesn't behave, just turn around.

Singer who runs a smidge

HM - a real rest day for you.  Enjoy the break. Did you save a donut for mid-afternoon snack?

I bought a dozen ...   Luckily I left them at home with DH!  Wait ... that maybe wasn't such a good idea ...

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Damaris, hope you feel well enough for a good run tonight.

Ginny, I feel the same way about the Hobbit movies - so annoying - but there's a nice theater near us that has $5 showings at certain times, so I figure it's worth the $5.  My son won't even pay that, he's so mad at PJ.

HopesMom, glad you are warm, not sure what to tell you about your lunch. Smile

StoneFence, great job on the continued streak.

PAD, hope you are not waddling too much today. Smile

Scotty, have a good run tonight.

Jack, did you beat the rain?  I did, not raining here yet (although it rained last night and we are expecting more)

I ran 5 very easy miles this morning with my team.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Brilliant: No, I am going to run later. During the week it is too hard to run before work. That is going to be a pain when marathon training starts. My plan calls for a medium LR of 12 miles or so in the middle of the week. Those are hard.  On weekends I enjoy getting up to run but I just can't do it before work.

Singer who runs a smidge

Just came back from a retirement party for a colleague.  There was food.  But since I'd just hoovered my lunch, I wasn't hungry!  If only I had known ... 

Docket_Rocket

Just came back from a retirement party for a colleague.  There was food.  But since I'd just hoovered my lunch, I wasn't hungry!  If only I had known ... 

Told you to get a second lunch.  There was the one!

Damaris

Fundraising Page