Beginners and Beyond

Thursday DAILIES (Read 51 times)

flarunner

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

flarunner

Mornin' ya bunch of sleepyheads!

Did 6 miles easy this morning.

Have a great day and workout today!

Good morning, everyone.

flarunner, thanks for starting today's thread. Sweet pre-work six-miler.

I've done my daily thirty-five. I'll do weights, abs, and cardio after work.

delicate flower

What it say there, Dick and Jane Runner!?  Happy Thursday!  I've got a lot of work to do and I don't want to do any of it.  BOOOOO WORK!  30 minutes of elliptical and 40 minutes of PT last night.  I say "PT" but really it's just a heavy legs workout.  Leg presses, squats, hamstring curls, balancing exercises, etc.  The knee is really feeling good these days.  I was hoping to go for a bike ride today but it doesn't look like the weather will cooperate.  So, it'll be more elliptical.  YAY.

Have a Thursday!

<3

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good morning, Flarunner, Basya, & Baboon!  Morning, dailies!

SRD for me in terms of running, though I will be doing some light weight training a little later.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up late so I could rest before working from home.  So far, internet is behaving but I assume it will go away soon and I'll have to go to the office, bah.  7 recovery miles tonight.  16th day of straight running.

flarunner, nice 6.

Basya, enjoy the weights, abs and cardio.  Nice pushups.

Baboon, the weights must have been a bear with you being a delicate flower (first time I have seen your nickname below your avi).

Tom, enjoy the rest day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Baboon, the weights must have been a bear with you being a delicate flower (first time I have seen your nickname below your avi).

Yes, they were.  My wife came up with that name.  What man doesn't like to be called a delicate flower by his wife???  Either I'm hurt, or I'm sick, or I can't eat this and I can't eat that and I need to go see a doctor.  I told her I'm not worth the trouble.  Big grin

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hello dailies! Took off work today, so I will get a run in a little later.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jeepofspades

Morning! Planning on 1 mile warm up then a 5k run and maybe some core work. Lets hope the weather gets better. Have a great day!

hog4life

Good morning Dailies. Where's the coffee?

Phil, when will you get to start running, err, I mean jogging?

Fla, nice run before work. That's something I cannot do while on day shift.

Hey Tom.

8.8 last night with the last 2 with my pup. Stinking heat bout made her croke. I reaaly wish winter would come back.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

URD yesterday, but no biggie since I'm supposed to be tapering anyway.  Did 5 easy miles this morning.  My mindset with this half is so different than the Shamrock, it's kind of funny.  I spent all winter obsessing about the Shamrock and there was this huge buildup to it.  But now with the Swamp Stomp, I'm like, oh I have another race, cool.  lol

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

BruceD555

flarunner- Mornin' and thanks for getting us going today. I wish I was like you and had my miles in already today.

BasyaSpiliakos- I hope you have an awesome day at work and an even awesomer workout this evening at the gym.

Baboon- I agree ... I don't feel like doing anything today. Work has been crazy as of late and it seems our clients/customers must have been in serious procrastination mode because they suddenly need help NOW. Good to hear your knee is still behaving ... keep on keeping on.

RunTomRun- Enjoy that SRD today ... I think I'm going to take one of those sometime soon.

Docket_Rocket- Hope your internet holds out for you today & have a great 7 miles this evening.

kristin10185- Enjoy your day off work and I hope you get some nice weather for your run.

Well, I did manage to squeeze in my 12 yesterday, but because of time constraints and the weather they were on the TM at the office. Today I just have 5 recovery miles on the calendar but the weather is still ugly (34 degrees, raining and about 25 mph winds right now) so I may just tough out another TM run for convenience. My race is 2 weeks out but no obvious signs of taper neurosis ... yet.

Train smart ... race smarter.

delicate flower

Phil, when will you get to start running, err, I mean jogging?

Less than a month.  Feels like it's been forever.  My last run was January 4.  But yeah, it'll be short, slow, and a real gradual build up.  I am at the point where I physically feel well enough to run but know I am not allowed to yet.  I am allowed to go as hard as I want on the stuff that I can do.

<3

Morning all.

Upper 30's, pouring rain & high winds all day here today. Keeping it indoors. Got in an easy 3 on the TM & an hour of yoga before work.

Have a great day everyone & stay dry.

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

flarunner, nice early morning run.

Basya, enjoy your workout later.

Phil, boooo weather! Your progress is amazing. Keep up the good work.

Tom, enjoy your SRD and weights.

D, fingers crossed that your lousy internet actually WORKS TODAY.

Kristin, yay mental health day!! Have a great run.

Jeep, hope the weather behaves for you. Time trial?

Mitch, I hear that. A runner passed me last night and asked how I was doing. I said "Ugh, could be better, it's too warm." He said "Yep, summer sure came fast." Stupid summer.

Dave, funny how that works. I get the same way after my "goal" race is over.

Bruce, great job sneaking in the 12 miles. On the treadmill. Yeesh.

DaveP, nice early morning workout!

As for me, since thunder (that resulted in a craaaazy lightning storm for HOURS later on) made me cut my run short, I'm shooting for a double today. Maybe 3/4, maybe 4/4, or maybe I'll just feel lazy after work after running on lunch and call it a day. Who knows. The high for today is ONLY 60 (finally).