Beginners and Beyond

Thursday DAILIES (Read 51 times)

Ball of Fury

Ugh...did not have a good run this morning!  Started off great, legs a little tired, but not bad.  And then at mile 6, my left knee started hurting so badly, I ended up having to wog/limp my way home for the last 0.25 miles!  I am super frustrated!!!  I did go to PT yesterday and had Graston done on both sides.  He was more aggressive this time and I do have bruising on both legs, so hopefully, there will be some progress.  My hope was to finish this HM in May, take it easy for a week or two, then build to 50 mpw for 6 weeks (just easy running) before starting Hanson advanced July 1, but truthfully, if I don't get the ITBS under control, I may not be able to do a fall marathon!!  I am trying not to whine or be upset, but it just sucks to have the drive to train and my body not cooperate, ya know?  The only good thing I can say about the run was that it was 70 degrees and the rain held off until right after I made it home!  I'm pretty sure I would have had a meltdown if it started pouring while I was limping home!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Phil, have fun on the elliptical machine.

Tom, enjoy weight training.

Damaris. I hope that your access to the internet remains. Have a wonderful run tonight.

kristin10185, have fun running.

Jeepofspades, have a great 5K+1.

Mitch, awesome 8.8. I hope that the pup is OK.

Dave, fantastic easy five.

BruceD555, have a sweet five-miler, especially if you have to serve time on the TM.

DaveP MI, bravo on having done yoga and a three-mile run already.

AprilRunner, enjoy doubling.

AmiK, indeed, it sucks when you have the drive and the energy, but your body mocks you that waySad

I'm en route to work. I love my kids. Yesterday, they had me laughing so hard, I was cryingSmile

Docket_Rocket

Looking forward to reading about your first run.

Less than a month.  Feels like it's been forever.  My last run was January 4.  But yeah, it'll be short, slow, and a real gradual build up.  I am at the point where I physically feel well enough to run but know I am not allowed to yet.  I am allowed to go as hard as I want on the stuff that I can do.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Kristin, enjoy your day off work.

Jeep, enjoy your 5K.

Mitch, nice run!

D2, when is your race again?

Bruce, one has to do what one has to do to get the miles done.  Great job!

Dave, hope the indoor run goes well.  You know, I had a great breathing day until 5pm when I noticed I forgot my Symbicort at 7am.  So, after that, it didn't feel good but I think it was all in my mind.  It was nice to know that my chest was happy even without meds.

April, good luck with the double.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

AmiK, oh, no!  Take care of that knee.  Have you gone to PT to figure out what youre doing wrong?  I mean, gait, shoes, something that is contributing to the issue,  Feel better.

Basya, laughing and crying is wonderful.  Enjoy!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Good morning ladies, supp boys!

Day 2 of cold wet and just plain nasty here, no chance in hell I was running in that crap (although the thought crossed my mind).  I have come to realize that we are in the midst of being robbed of Spring, at least here.  Sure, things may change but so far it has just been a shit year weather wise no matter how you look at it.

6 easy done on the belt with 8 45-second strides @ 10 MPH.

I ordered the Kayano 19's yesterday for $91.60 shipped, which was $60.00 off anything available on the net.  How do you say it Boonie Boon Boon?  Fuckin score man!

Anyway, this was my third non-Nike athletic shoe purchase in twenty years, all within the past six weeks and all running shoe related.  Ironic since Nike's origins were in running.  Oh well, you want my business produce a better product....oops, too late.

Morning everyone!

Woke up to snow. It's April 11 and we are supposed to get 3-6 inches on top of the freezing rain overnight. #fml

8 miles on the TM this morning with 2 @ MP.

Hip Redux

I am trying not to whine or be upset, but it just sucks to have the drive to train and my body not cooperate, ya know?  The only good thing I can say about the run was that it was 70 degrees and the rain held off until right after I made it home!  I'm pretty sure I would have had a meltdown if it started pouring while I was limping home!

That would have been what I call a sneaky hate spiral for sure.

I hate ITB stuff - hopefully Graston last night helped!

Ball of Fury

Lol Oski!!  I am hoping the Graston helps!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey dailies. I did 10.5 today.

Marjorie

delicate flower

I ordered the Kayano 19's yesterday for $91.60 shipped, which was $60.00 off anything available on the net.  How do you say it Boonie Boon Boon?  Fuckin score man!

You know how it do!

<3

Hip Redux

Morning everyone!

Woke up to snow. It's April 11 and we are supposed to get 3-6 inches on top of the freezing rain overnight. #fml

8 miles on the TM this morning with 2 @ MP.

OK, now that's just not cool.  It's April!

YAYpril - B-Plus

OK, now that's just not cool.  It's April!

Here I am!!

Ugh, sorry. This month drives me crazy. You know how your ears perk up every time someone says your name, regardless of whether or not they're talking to you? Yeah...

Hip Redux

Here I am!!

Ugh, sorry. This month drives me crazy. You know how your ears perk up every time someone says your name, regardless of whether or not they're talking to you? Yeah...

LOL

Hi April!  :waves:

Mmmmm...beer

Damaris, it's this Saturday.  Weather should be perfect, low 60s, very little humidity.  Course is flat and almost straight out and back, very fast.  Hoping to shave a lil time off of last month's PR.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!