Beginners and Beyond

Thursday DAILIES (Read 51 times)

Zelanie

Ami, sorry about the knee!  Hopefully the Graston helped a ton.  I had some ITB stuff last fall, and I do want to say that once I got past it, it really hasn't been an issue since.  I think it's somewhat related to the hip stuff I have been dealing with the last summer, but it was not a factor at all in this winter's training cycle.  So don't count yourself out for the fall just yet!

I had a short but fantastic run last night, bought some shoes on sale, and am back to feeling good about my half on Sunday!  No run today since I have to work really late, but I'll try another short run with strides tomorrow.

Ugh, sorry. This month drives me crazy. You know how your ears perk up every time someone says your name, regardless of whether or not they're talking to you? Yeah...

April - Another option would be to have a super common name, like Dave for example, so your ears perk up from hearing your name not referring to you all year long, for your whole life. 

Dave, hope the indoor run goes well.  You know, I had a great breathing day until 5pm when I noticed I forgot my Symbicort at 7am.  So, after that, it didn't feel good but I think it was all in my mind.  It was nice to know that my chest was happy even without meds.

Damaris - Yeah I think there is a big mental aspect, although still >95% physiological. I have been on Advair since things got aggravated by my respiratory infection a while back. I may feel a tightness later in the day & then I realize I forgot to take it in the AM. I try not to make it a permanent thing, but always takes a while to wean myself back off it. I will try skipping it & may be fine for a few days, but then will feel it & go back on it. Then I will try again after another few weeks. However I still never go without my pre-run Albuterol, that is a proven necessity for me.

Dave

April - Another option would be to have a super common name, like Dave for example, so your ears perk up from hearing your name not referring to you all year long, for your whole life. 

From one Dave to another....+1

YAYpril - B-Plus

My dad is a Dave. My brother is a David. Smile

Docket_Rocket

I hate you!  Good luck!

Damaris, it's this Saturday.  Weather should be perfect, low 60s, very little humidity.  Course is flat and almost straight out and back, very fast.  Hoping to shave a lil time off of last month's PR.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I wonder if I can wean off Symbicort.  I'm not supposed to as my lower bronchii are still at 55%, but I wonder....

Damaris - Yeah I think there is a big mental aspect, although still >95% physiological. I have been on Advair since things got aggravated by my respiratory infection a while back. I may feel a tightness later in the day & then I realize I forgot to take it in the AM. I try not to make it a permanent thing, but always takes a while to wean myself back off it. I will try skipping it & may be fine for a few days, but then will feel it & go back on it. Then I will try again after another few weeks. However I still never go without my pre-run Albuterol, that is a proven necessity for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

My dad is a Dave. My brother is a David. Smile

My father and brother are both Daves as well.  WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TODAY.

<3

Hip Redux

No one in my family is named Dave.  I wanted you all to know that.

YAYpril - B-Plus

My father and brother are both Daves as well.  WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TODAY.

Last April, my friend Dave paced me to a HM PR. In two weeks, my other friend Dave is going to pace me to a PR in the same HM.

I think we are living a re-enactment of the Dr. Seuss story "Too Many Daves", about Mrs. McCave who had 23 sons and she named them all Dave. I actually do not remember that story from when I was a kid, but my kids loved it.

Dave

Ric-G

good morning all-

did an easy 6 this AM. sounds like people scored with the shoes yesterday. oh and my bro in law is named david. and last nite i was reading to my youngest about someone in the Bible named david who took out a giant.

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

+1

Not a single one, and my family is frickin' yuge!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Oh, almost forgot. My husband has an uncle named Dave. And I work with a Dave.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Dan_the_CPA you know what I'm talking about.

Docket_Rocket

Neither in mine.  We do have too many Walters though.

Damaris

Fundraising Page