Beginners and Beyond

Rise and Shine sleepy Penguins its Monday! (Read 25 times)

Dad on the run.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the caommon benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

Morning Jimmy, yes I slept in.

I'll run after some coffee!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

No run for me. I will be up to the usual stuff; dd swim practice, yard work, etc...

have be a good day.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Some run tonight.  I have a lot of things to do when I leave the office: a kitty at the vet, allergy shot, grocery shopping, and sending my dad some $, so I might not even have time to run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

4M with colleague today. Nice cool weather with a light touch of rain.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Penguins!

Still in vacation/holiday/people visiting mode. Ran 10 miles a day for the last 4 days. My legs feel pretty good. I feel comfortable with this mileage as long as the runs are 24 hours apart. Today's run is yet to come after some antiquing with the wife!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Zelanie

Good morning!  Taking DD out to North Bend today.  She's a big Twin Peaks fan so she likes to go out there.  If she ever wakes up, that is.  Hoping to run 6 later this afternoon.

obiebyke

Happy still vacation Monday, 'guins! I'm planning a double today. Taking my car in, running home, then running to pick it up. Planning 2.4 to hit a 2013 mileage milestone. Current feels like is -20F.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Daisy has the same illness as Trixie.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

I got 3 in 34 degrees. My body isn't ready for 2 days in a row I guess cause that felt kind of crappy. I'll need a little  over 2 miles tomorrow to hit 1275 for the year.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Pengs  !!!  Short run after work (that would be in about half an hour).  DW thinks we can run outside.  Hopefully my achy back will cooperate.  This has lasted way longer than it usually does, so don't know what to do.  Maybe its rebelling against the 20 pounds I've gained the last couple of years.

Happy New Year's Eve Eve

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good afternoon Penguins.

Got in 3 quick miles at lunch.  Now, it's salad for lunch.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

Hi Jimmy!

Mitch - Sorry you didn't have a good run, but nice to be so close to your goal.

Jack - hope the foot feels better today.  Have you tried walking barefoot in gravel?  I read about that in Chi Running.  Kinda like the golf ball massage, it helps massage the soles of the feet.

Damaris - is the cats' illness something that is usually contagious?  Or is it just coincidence?

Bin - it must be nice when you can run with friends.  Although there are many people in my neighborhood who run,  I rarely see them because they usually run early in the day, not in the afternoons as I do. The running clubs around here also run much faster than I do.  We have lots of serious runners and the casual ones like me don't do much with the clubs, I think.

Gustav - 40 miles in four days, good job.  You and Dave and Melanie have become really strong runners.  I can't imagine trying to do that four days in a row.

Z - enjoy your visit to North Bend.  Do you go shopping there, or eat out?

Obiebyke - good idea, combining car work with running.  Though in those temps I don't envy you the outdoors run.  You won't even have time to warm up.  Hope you meet your mileage goal.

Not a running day.  I did get outdoors with Ben and it was cold and gray with occasional snowflakes.  I was happy to return home to a hot cup of coffee.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: No, I have never heard of that one. I have been doing the golf ball two or three times a day and I am doing the stair stretch for my calf. With that and no running, I think it might be getting better. I am hoping I just need some time. Now I am contemplating if I should sign up for a marathon for May 25.

obiebyke

Just checking back in to say I decided to do it all in one go, with a little loop after ending up at home from the shop. 2.4 miles done and 300 for the year! And in snow and frigid temperatures! I'm ecstatic. Next year's 1000km/621mi goal seems totally reachable.

D, I'm so sorry about the cats...

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)