Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Championship WeekenDAILYS (Read 29 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

'Morning Pengs and others.  Short run this morning with DW to keep the streak.  sapf, I always run with DW since I can't outrun her.

Then we drive into the city for lunch with DD's.

Zelanie

Hi pens!  Wimped out and ran on the hotel TM last night and this morning.  They had the same one as my gym in Costa Rica did. Smile   Flying out in a bit.  Was supposed to hang with my boss this morning, but she is still sleeping.

Jerry- Have a good lunch with the DDs!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Can't get lost on the TM, Zel !!!

PADRunner

Morning 6 done this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  A run with hubby and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

2 slow streak miles.  Ready for a LR tomorrow.

Safe flight, Zel.

Good job on the 6, PAD.

Enjoy the run with Mr. Docket...Mrs. Docket.

GinnyinPA

Jerry - good job on keeping the streak going.  Hope your lunch with DD is a good one.

Z - safe travels.  Was your conference/training seminar a good one?

PAD - good work getting the six done early

Damaris - enjoy your easy run this evening with DH

AFM:  It's pouring rain again today, all day.  I'm very glad I didn't sign up for the 10k this a.m. Walking Ben in it is hard enough.  So, back to the TM this afternoon.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Going to head out with DH for a very rainy 4 soon.  I'm excited to test out my new GPS watch 

Jerry - my DH always outruns me, but he usually tries to pace himself with me for the first half or so of the run before zooming off.  All of his runs are negative splits because of this.  Maybe if I train really hard all winter and he sits on the couch eating cookies I can beat him for a run or two before he gets back into shape... lol

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

hog4life

My holiday streak ended after just 6 days, geesh, what a wimp! I got 5 last night with Bella in the rain. She doesn't like the rain, lol. Heading out for a mid day rain to beat the rain.

Zel, your post in getting lost yesterday day was both scary and funny.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Jerry: What is your LR distance?

Zel: Have a safe trip back home. Smile

PAD: Great minds think alike; I also ran 6.

D: When you do weights are you using machines or free weights. Or both?

Ginny: As much as we need rain, I don't like running in it. With marathon training coming up, guess what is on my Christmas list? Yes! A waterproof jacket!

sapf: Which Garmin did you get?

hog: Bella is a trooper!

AFM, 6 hilly miles done at an 8:32 pace. My legs were tired from hauling all those sandbags earlier this week so I hope I am ready for tomorrow's LR. Today is decorating day so I have to get up in the attic and drag everything down. Sigh... On the bright side, some good friends of ours are having their annual bash tonight and they always have a lot of food and adult beverages.

See ya.

Docket_Rocket

Jack, I use Select Techs (free adjustable

weights) at home.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

So hanging out with my boss apparently involved going with her to Costco and then getting dropped at the airport 3 hours early. And my flight is delayed.

Mitch, I think it was scary and funny also. I mean, there really isn't a lot of danger other than alligators. Smile I did try to only stop where there was more than one person around.

Ginny, isn't it funny how much easier it is to race in conditions that otherwise we wouldn't want to be out in at all? My training was pretty good. It was info about how to do my new(ish) job, so very relevant. Still feels silly getting flown all the way to Orlando for it though!

Better check on my flight. If it's too late I might be able to come visit Jerry instead. Wink

obiebyke

You guys are badasses! 25 minutes later for me. It's gorgeous out.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Jack - I didn't get a garmin.  I got the polar M400.

Back from my run - the polar M400 has a lot of cool features like calculating a "running index" by doing some sort of comparison between your heart rate and pace.  I was initially disappointed because the GPS was off - it said 4.11 miles for a known 4 mile route.  However, DH's GPS (iPhone 5) went completely nuts and said 5.67 miles.  I think that the power plant was generating electricity today and that interfered with the GPS signal in that area.  The weather probably didn't help either.

I don't know how you ladies handle treadmill running.  I get so bored after a mile or so that it is unbearable.  I wish I had more treadmill tolerance though because the winter could derail my training if I don't learn to love it.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21)