Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday trippin' Penguins (Read 23 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Either I am doofy and cross-eyed, or there's no Penguin thread yet.  So in case I am not doofy and cross-eyed, hello, Penguins!!  I got snow again yesterday, but braved the elements to come in today for a meeting.  Except the fellow I was meeting had car trouble, so we postponed to 2:00.  Still, lots of work stuff going on today.  And I am ready for some SPRINGTIME!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Morning, HsM! Hope you get spring soon!

I am at the vet's office in Portland, because we did decide to go ahead with back surgery for Zoe. She will have it this afternoon, then hopefully home by Thursday.

From the Internet.

Crossing fingers and paws for a quick recovery for Zoe!

3 easy miles on the treadmill for me. Legs are slowly going back to normal - I guess I can consider it progress that I can majorly overdo it on a run and recover without taking a month off Smile

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

HsM - I was on my phone earlier, and couldn't believe there wasn't a thread yet.  I almost did it from my phone.  It's not just you.  Luckily, I don't see any snow coming yet.  I hope it stays away.

Zel - I hope everything goes well with Zoe.  That can't be fun.

Lauren - Good to hear that the legs are cooperating.  Recover well.

AFM - I decided to take a rest day yesterday.  I was feeling a little beat.  I'm looking at 50 degrees when I get off of work.  So, I might have a little fun with my workout tonight.  Shorts and tank top it is!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - how much snow did you get in Va?  I'm glad you were able to get into work today to catch up after missing yesterday.

Z - I hope Zoe's surgery goes well.  I know how hard it is to have a hurting animal.

Lauren - I'm glad your legs are recovering so well.  Progress!

Awood - spring weather at last!  Have fun running this evening.

AFM:  Short run later.  The sun is trying to shine and the snow is melting but it's only 35 so there is still a bit left. We'll probably go out to the park where the paved trails are all in the open and may have been cleared.

Dad on the run.

Super quick checkin while at work, I got in trouble for being on here to much! lol.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Did 10 miles lastnight at 9:29m/m pace. RD tonight. Have to get started on the baby's room! 4 weeks away.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

HsM: I am also ready for spring.

Zel: Dog + surgery = $.  Good luck with that.

Lauren: Heck yes. Recovery is huge!

Awood: 50?! Wow, that is tropical for you guys.

Ginny: Enjoy the run. 35 is cool but tolerable. I have no clue how people can run in single digit temps.

JBJ: Nice job on the 10. You have been doing well, lately. Just remember to add mpw slowly and don't get too aggressive.

As for me, I might go out for an easy three or four later.  Yesterday, I did 6 miles with 7x800. My 800s were done at a 7:20 pace. It has been awhile, but it felt good.

Smile

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hello.......

Sunny, Sunny, SUNNY in San Antonio today, with a high of 84 at my run time after work (between 4 and 6 pm) and the dew-point at 44/45 during my run-time...SWEEEET!  Either will be in one of the local parks to day for my run or the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Of course, with this great weather, the Riverwalk may end up being pretty crowded.  However, since I run a pretty slow pace anyway the crowds never really bother me, lol. I always enjoy my run/walks down there.   Gail is planning to do yoga after work.. 90 minutes in a 105-degree room...she needs it!  She's been busy working on our tax filing and was going a bit nutso last night, I finally had to drag her away for her own good from the computer and all the paperwork around her so she would calm down a bit.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Leaving early to get my allergy shot and no idea of the miles I will be able to do tonight.  Depending on the rain.

Zoe, we are thinking of you.  Hope you're doggie dreaming nice dreams while they work on you.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, there was no Penguin thread until 10 a.m.?   Guess I should have started it, lol, I was at work at 6 am my time (Central Time) but soon as I got to work, all kinds of crap started happening and I was busy right till lunch.   So thanks for getting it done, HsM!   Snow AGAIN for you?  Dang.. growing up, I don't remember winters in Virginia lasting through March.  Hope you get a CONSISTENT weather break soon!

Good luck to Zoe, Zelanie!  BTW, pm me your snail-mail, I would like to send you something.

You've come a long way, Lauren, from where you were a while back!  You are doing very well, keep it up.  Your legs will get used to it all again.

Heat wave for you, Awood!  Enjoy!

Happy trail run in the park, Ginny.  Probably a wise decision, nice safe area (at least I hope it's safe for you) to run in. And if you do happen to slip on wet surfaces, at least you won't fall in front of any vehicles.

Congrats on the 10, Jimmy!  What, got in trouble for being here?  Doesn't being here help motivate you to be more productive at work?  So your boss needs to know this is an INCENTIVE site.

Speedy Jack!  Nice on the intervals!

Good luck with whatever miles you do, Damaris!  Impressive you are already out there so soon after that surgery you had.  You are...unstoppable!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

VERY slow 11 mile run.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: what is next on your race calendar?

Robert31320

Team TJ

Happy Tuesday Penguins.  I haven't been out to run today.  We're busy getting ready to go to Florida to visit that Mouseville.  Wondering if we'll see Mr. Jingles while we're there.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Robert: say hi to Goofy for me.