Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILY dilly dally (Read 43 times)

StepbyStep-SH

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Where is everyone? 7:30 CST and no dailies?

DH went into work early, so my run has to wait until after I drop DS at school (can't leave DS alone in the house to run early). It will be 6ish very slow and easy. I also have strength training class today, but I think I'll go easy there, too. Seems to work well to hit the weights a little harder on Tuesday, do my speedwork Wednesday, then make Thursday's workouts easier, both running and weights.

Have a great day, people!

Docket_Rocket

I commuting to court.  Not guilty!  Short run with husband and a strength kickboxing workout tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hello and good morning and hi!  I hit the gym early this morning for a legs workout and PT session.  Weights weights weights, jump jump jump.  Hopefully I can fit in a RUN later today.

<3

LRB

Supp peeps!

Got in 5 miles this morning, now off to a meeting, yay.  Not.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

5 PM after work yesterday went to Fort Sam Houston and did a very easy 3.2 miles along my "Dog Alley" route, handing out treats to my many 4-legged friends along that route.  It sure was HUMID too.  74 degrees, dewpoint also in the 70s, and humidity of nearly 100% as rain was threatening.  Sweat, sweat, sweat!   12 hours later, at 5 a.m., I was up this morning and off to one of the local YMCAs.  Figured to get an easy 3 in, but I felt so good this morning that I kept going and did an extra mile.  This YMCA is within the boundaries of O.P. Schnabel Park, a local park with both paved and unpaved trails.  Since it was dark when I started out, I ran in the neighborhood adjacent to the park - well-lit and wide streets, very quiet area, hardly any traffic,  very nice for a morning run - and then it was back into the park to loop back to the Y on the paved and unpaved trails.  At mile 3 I got knocked right on my keister when a deer jumped out of the brush and across the trail right in front of me, making me back-pedal quickly.  Dang deer, I SWEAR they lie in wait for me!  About the umpteenth time I've been knocked down by them in the 19 years I've been running in the local parks.  Well, no harm done, I have PLENTY of practice falling down and am pretty good at it now. Joking  Got up, dusted myself off, and the last mile was uneventful and my quickest mile too, as I ran that full mile back to the Y with no walk break.  Felt really good when I was done, like I could have gone even farther.  Nice feeling!  I guess my old bones still got a little left in them, even after 30 years of running.  Big grin   I was DRENCHED though, as it is still humid - again 100% this morning - as San Antonio is supposed to get some MAJOR rain/thunderstorms this afternoon, one reason I got up and did a morning run today, instead of after work.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Found a sore spot in the hip when I was stretching it last night. Figured hills was not a good idea this am so I will try tomorrow

Marjorie

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies

SRD for me. I will NOT mess up this taper. Two more days of work, one XC meet with DD and then we are off to Zion for five days.Smile.  Also, I think I have a touch of PF in one foot. Perfect timing...

Pinktastic

Good Morning Runners!

Happy Thursday to all of you!   And, if you’re off tomorrow, then Happy Friday to you as well!

Shari – Thanks for starting us off this morning!   Enjoy your run and the strength class later!

Damaris – Good luck in court!   Have a great workout / run later!

Phil – I think you forgot to say good morning and hello to us today.   ;-)   Nice workout this morning!   Hope you’re able to get that run in later – I know you’ll love it!

LRB – 5 miles!  Woot!    Way to go!   You’re making great progress!

Scotty – Wow!   What an adventure this morning!   I thought of you when I heard the weekend forecast here – sleet and freezing precipitation with a 40 degree swing in temperatures coming tonight.    My guess is that y’all won’t get it that bad, but I’m sure it will be colder than you’d like in your area.    Stay warm!

Marjorie – I really hope that hip situation gets better!   I know you’re anxious to run, but you’re being very wise to wait.

Jack – Enjoy the SRD!   I can’t wait to hear about your big event!  Good luck!

I ran 2.26 yesterday morning.   It was a tough run because I was outside and I ran too fast for where I am right now.   My brain kept telling me to slow down, and I thought I was, but I kept getting faster the entire run.   Clearly my pacing abilities, what few there were, went on vacation with my endurance while I was injured.   Today is an SRD.

Have a Pinktacularly wonderful day!   And, may your next run get you pumped up for the one after that!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

StepbyStep-SH

5 PM after work yesterday went to Fort Sam Houston and did a very easy 3.2 miles along my "Dog Alley" route, handing out treats to my many 4-legged friends along that route.  It sure was HUMID too.  74 degrees, dewpoint also in the 70s, and humidity of nearly 100% as rain was threatening.  Sweat, sweat, sweat!   12 hours later, at 5 a.m., I was up this morning and off to one of the local YMCAs.  Figured to get an easy 3 in, but I felt so good this morning that I kept going and did an extra mile.  This YMCA is within the boundaries of O.P. Schnabel Park, a local park with both paved and unpaved trails.  Since it was dark when I started out, I ran in the neighborhood adjacent to the park - well-lit and wide streets, very quiet area, hardly any traffic,  very nice for a morning run - and then it was back into the park to loop back to the Y on the paved and unpaved trails.  At mile 3 I got knocked right on my keister when a deer jumped out of the brush and across the trail right in front of me, making me back-pedal quickly.  Dang deer, I SWEAR they lie in wait for me!  About the umpteenth time I've been knocked down by them in the 19 years I've been running in the local parks.  Well, no harm done, I have PLENTY of practice falling down and am pretty good at it now. Joking  Got up, dusted myself off, and the last mile was uneventful and my quickest mile too, as I ran that full mile back to the Y with no walk break.  Felt really good when I was done, like I could have gone even farther.  Nice feeling!  I guess my old bones still got a little left in them, even after 30 years of running.  Big grin   I was DRENCHED though, as it is still humid - again 100% this morning - as San Antonio is supposed to get some MAJOR rain/thunderstorms this afternoon, one reason I got up and did a morning run today, instead of after work.

I think it would easier to count the runs where Scotty doesn't get run over by deer/fall in a river/run into something else than to count the runs in which things like this happen. You are amazing!

Ric-G

step - hear about leaving the young one alone

D - have a good run and strength workout

baboon - hope you can run too

lrb - don't remind me about meetings, nice 5

scotty - sounds like a good run...even with that deer

marjorie  - probably a good call

jack - enjoy the srd

pink - great that you ran yesterday...be well

6 misty miles this AM. busy at work and after work too with kid stuff...have a great day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

Dad on the run.

So my body currently feels like I've been hit by a mac truck! My shoulder, lower back and legs are beyond sore, I'm limping around work like an old man (no offense Scotty ). Tonight I'm going to hit up the bands and do some hip work and tomorrow morning is bi's, tri's and abs. Going to take the weekend to rest and eat and then Monday I am going to attempt 4 miles with some friends from work.

Also on a small side note I almost have my Dad talked into joining me at the gym I really hope he decides to start going with me as I really worry about his weight and former cancer issues. He needs to take better care of himself.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Hip Redux

20 minutes on the TM followed by PT work and some upper body shtuff.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I was out running, Step, and then after I showered and changed, I got stuck in traffic on the way to work.  San Antonio is getting way too crowded these days!  Population of 1.2M in our fair city, and I think I was following most of them during my commute, lol.    As for those darn deer...the one this morning was actually in a different park than the park I normally run in.  I think the deer must have some kind of 'Scottydog Grapevine', lol.

Hope you can fit your run in later, Baboon.

You'll probably need another 5 miles after the meeting, LRB, to wake back up again!

Is the hip getting any better, Marjorie?

Where the heck is Zion, Jack?   Are you going to the National Park one?  Cool....

Sarah, it is so good to read that you are running again, yay for your progress!  Just take it easy, though, don't push.  NO relapses, young lady!   As for weather, our temp in the morning will be 54 or so...and then we start DROPPING.  Our afternoon and evening temps will be lower than our morning temps.  We will end up with rain and 39 on Friday night. For my Saturday 5K - 9 a.m. start time temp is supposed to be 41 degrees, with possible rain.  BRRRR!   And not much better for my Sunday 5K either, dang it. So if we are 41 here in SOUTH Texas, it will probably be even colder for you up there in NORTH Texas.

No offense taken, Jimmy.  I actually felt pretty good on my run today.  Maybe you and I had some type of "Freaky Friday" body switch today.. Wink    I'm sure you will recover quickly (knock on wood).   Hope the weekend rest helps you.

Oski, sounds like you are feeling better and doing okay.

6 misty miles this AM.   Ric,Ric, Ric!  To paraphrase Tom Hanks "You were crying?  There's no crying in running!"  Wink  Hope your busy work day goes by quickly and then you enjoy the post-work kid stuff.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Wassup peeps!

Just got in from a long ass day, and I could use a drink.  Pardon me while I partake!