Beginners and Beyond

Happy Fourth o'July, THURSDAILIES! (Read 40 times)

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

I ate a little more than two and a half hours ago. I'm hydrated. I had a frappe. I feel rested. I'm about to haul myself out of bed to do four easy miles to the race start, which begins in two hours.

RSX

Happy 4th of July!! I'm heading for 18 in an hour along the Newton hills. I normally wait for the weekend for long runs but this is the only day that works. Fireworks in Boston tonight via a friend's condo,

LRB

Supp!

I wanna run fast today, or try to.  I'll let you know how that works out for me.

Good luck B!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

GL racers.

I'm off to run too. Will go as far as my body dictates so it could be a really good run since I've been going far all week and not having to work today is more incentive. Plus no rain right now.

Hell I'm even dressed all festive. Red shorts with white trim and blue sports bra. My socks street even red and have lady bugs on them.

Today shall then be a kickback day if just doing nothing.

Marjorie

BruceD555

Good morning folks and Happy Independence Day! It's been a while since I've hung out in the dailies but since I'm not going to work today I actually have time for a change. I have about 10 miles planned for sometime today ... though coffee comes first. Stay safe out there today and enjoy yourselves.

BasyaSpiliakos- I hope you have a great race today.

RSX- Enjoy your 18 on the Newton hills today and hopefully the lack of cheering crowds won't make the hills seem bigger. Nice job on being flexible on the schedule to take advantage of a day off for your long run as well.

LRB- I don't think running fast will be a problem for you today. Good luck with racing cars off the stop lights or cranking around the track ... whatever you decide.

MarjorieAnn3137- You snuck in there on me while I was composing my post. Have a great run today and I'm guessing with the festive wear you'll end up doing more than your usual 10.x today.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Happy 4th everyone!

In addition to celebrating our nation's birthday, we are also celebrating DD's 17th. Someone please tell me how she got that old so fast. But please no one sing that awful song from the 70's "At Seventeen". Oh great, now I've done it. Damn you scumbag brain!!

Dave

BruceD555

Happy 4th everyone!

In addition to celebrating our nation's birthday, we are also celebrating DD's 17th. Someone please tell me how she got that old so fast. But please no one sing that awful song from the 70's "At Seventeen". Oh great, now I've done it. Damn you scumbag brain!!

Funny ... we'll celebrate our (middle child) DS's 17th tomorrow (we call him our firework baby) as well. Now, my brain is intentionally not listening to the rest of your post.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Hip Redux

Well, I'm old enough to have a 17 year old at this point.   But I don't.  I think that's part of why I've kept my youthful look. Big grin (that and the bear head helps too).

Mile race at 10am.   Legs are tired from last night's XC race.   What was I thinking?   Errrr.

delicate flower

'Morning!  Happy Day After My Birthday!!  6 easy miles done this morning.  7 AM and it was already freakin gross outside.  Warm and humid.   I should not be literally dripping wet after a 6 mile run no matter how hard I go.  Yuck.

Oski, good luck to you and the mister in the mile race!

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good morning and happy 4th!

Bruce, I was wondering where you've been. Good to see you again. Smile

I'll head out for 6 miles at some point. Right now the DP is 73 and it can suck it. I'm being lazy. I'd rather deal with the higher heat and lower DP in a few hours.

delicate flower

I'll head out for 6 miles at some point. Right now the DP is 73 and it can suck it. I'm being lazy. I'd rather deal with the higher heat and lower DP in a few hours.

Still being somewhat new to summer running still, I was Googling what dew point does to running and I found this:

70–74 Very humid and uncomfortable Expect pace to suffer greatly

Heh...73 on today's run and yesterday's run.  That explains a lot.

<3

B-Plus

Good luck Basya and Oski.

I have a 12-mile progression on the schedule.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Still being somewhat new to summer running still, I was Googling what dew point does to running and I found this:

70–74 Very humid and uncomfortable Expect pace to suffer greatly

Heh...73 on today's run and yesterday's run.  That explains a lot.

Sounds about right. I did 8 in 72* DP yesterday. I wanted to die.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 miles including the 4th of July 5K.  Hubby PRd, I ran better than expected.  My coach will be happy.

Baboon, I wish we've had 70-74 dewpoint.  Ours have been stuck between 75-78DP every day.  Today, it was a nice 73 dewpoint, though, but 87F.  Bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page