Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Wet WEDNESDAILY (Read 27 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Wink

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Jump for Jelly Bean Day.  More run/walking for me this afternoon (hopefully outside).

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Jerry and I both started  a Penguin thread today.  Since he started his 3 minutes before me, let's use this one!

Happy Wednesday. July 31's bizarre holiday is right up my alley:  Mutt's Day!

mutt cartoons, mutt cartoon, mutt picture, mutt pictures, mutt image, mutt images, mutt illustration, mutt illustrations

mutt cartoons, mutt cartoon, mutt picture, mutt pictures, mutt image, mutt images, mutt illustration, mutt illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Jump for Jelly Bean Day.  More run/walking for me this afternoon (hopefully outside).

Won't jump for jelly beans; I'm probably one of the few people that does not like jelly beans.  Good luck with your run/walk today, Jerry.

I wish we had some wet!  No rain in sight for us.  We hit 103 degrees yesterday, actual temp!  Today's prediction is for 102.  Gaaack!  Mother Nature apparently has some kind of vendetta against Texas.   Non-running day for me.  After Gail gets home from work - I get off work an hour before she does - we are heading off to the Y for some weight training

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Great minds.....

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Quote from tracilynn on 7/30/2013 at 9:26 PM:

Black socks will make your ankles look too skinny Big grin

Posted by Jerry:  They are really skinny.  I'd look like Mickey Mouse.

I think Traci should get black socks...but only if they come to just above the knee... Big grin    Owww!  Gail was reading over my shoulder and gave me a smack for that one, lol.  She also said to pass on that you ladies have her "Smack Authority" permission to discipline me any time to keep me in line. 

Bin Running

Hey guys! Black sock look sexy.

RD for me today. 203 for the month. My first over 200 month.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Bright pink socks look better, the END!

6 miles tonight.  I'm sore but not as bad as I had expected knowing how hard I hit the intervals last night.

The crazies are crazier today, so I will be back later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Jerry: I hope you can start doing more running than walking. How are the shoes?

Scotty: good luck with the heat. Man, that is bad!! Also, I agree with you on Traci's socks. Smile

Bin: great job on the monthly total, very impressive, my friend.

It's a travel day for me; a seven hour drive with six kids. I will probably do a run tonight after we get settled.

Greetings to everyone.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

From the road and on the phone, pretty stoked.  I've hit all of my training runs for about 450 miles in the last 2 months, and my weight is right where I wanted it to be at this point.  If things keep going like this, my first marathon is going to be epic.  There's still a long way to go though.  Gotta stay healthy and motivated.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Damaris, I'm sure you look good in pink.

Jack, thanks. 6 kids in a confined space for 7hrs. Wow!

Awood, it's gonna be epic. Any goals? Though might be a little too early for that.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Dream goal 3:30

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood and Bin: I have not signed up, but next week I think I am going to start training for a marathon. It is in December and if it works into my schedule I will go for it. At this time I just don't know my kids' activity schedules. I can sign up as it gets closer so we shall see...

Docket_Rocket

Make sure you sign in before it gets sold out (depending on the race).  I've heard many a story about training for a marathon and waiting to register until you couldn't.

Awood and Bin: I have not signed up, but next week I think I am going to start training for a marathon. It is in December and if it works into my schedule I will go for it. At this time I just don't know my kids' activity schedules. I can sign up as it gets closer so we shall see...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I have samples to run, one of our sales reps is taking us out to lunch, then quarteting this evening.  Good times today!!  I had walked to the salon yesterday to get my hair cut, which is about 1/3 mile.  That walk really did a number on my knee, so I had a bit of trouble sleeping last night.  Fortunately I still had a few prescription anti-inflammatory pills, so I took one of those around 12:30 and was able to get to sleep.  Clearly I should've driven instead of hiking, but I feel like such a schlub driving so short a distance.  Oh well ... the knee is much better today.  Of course, the pill I took doesn't wear off until after lunch ...

Jerryb -- Hmm, I think I have some jellybeans at home ...

Scotty -- you are the pickiest eater I've ever heard of!!

Bin -- woo-hoo for your 200+ month!!

Docket -- have a good 6!!

Jack -- good luck and safe travels!!

Awood -- what a great feeling to have everything going well!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.