Beginners and Beyond

Am I the only one that doesn't like figure skating? (Read 105 times)

Hip Redux

And ugh, ice dancing.

The silly subjective "judging" and costumes and announcers.... so awful.

LRB

I do not know but every time one of them dudes throws a chick into the air I change the flippin' channel!  lol

Birdwell

And ugh, ice dancing.

The silly subjective "judging" and costumes and announcers.... so awful.

+1

I've always contended that figure skating is not a "sport", but rather an "athletic event". (along with rhythmic gymnastics, synchronized swimming, floor routines, and basically everything else that needs a soundtrack)

Hip Redux

Gymnastics is right up there with figure skating in terms of how much I dislike being subjected to it.

In my eyes, it's a "performance".

LRB

Gymnastics is right up there with figure skating in terms of how much I dislike being subjected to it.

In my eyes, it's a "performance".

Anything that is judged is a tough watch, because no one usually sees what the stupid judges saw.  The routine that kicked ass gets marked down for whatever reason while the routine that puts you to sleep draws 10's across the board!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Figure skating is always the highlight of the winter Olympics and gymnastics the summer for me .....they were always my FAVORITES as a kid (I had an unnatural obsession with the 1996 women's Olympic gymnastic team and also loved Michelle Kwon and Tara Lipinski to a degree bordering on creepy) so that has kind of carried over. As I have gotten older though I have gotten more into swimming and track in the summer and all the skiing events in the winter.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Nevrgivup

I actually enjoyed watching the freestyle snowboarding. Now that is some pretty bad ass stuff right there. Skating is meh. Gymnastic on the other hand I LOVE. I grew up doing gymnastics and dance so that may be why I still love it.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Hip Redux

Anything that is judged is a tough watch, because no one usually sees what the stupid judges saw.  The routine that kicked ass gets marked down for whatever reason while the routine that puts you to sleep draws 10's across the board!

But without that judging we wouldn't have the chance to get faces like this lol

LRB

That reminds me that I do get a kick out of those downhill ski jumps even though I know nothing about the scoring.  Them foos be crazy yo.

Nevrgivup

That reminds me that I do get a kick out of those downhill ski jumps even though I know nothing about the scoring.  Them foos be crazy yo.

Yeah, I know nothing about the scoring either. I just love seeing them gain height and do all kinds of flips and stuff. Now that has to be some kind of rush. I cringe every time I see them land on their feet though. The knees must take a beating.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

The only sport I like involving skating is hockey. The men don't start until Tuesday or Wednesday, though.

RunJasonRun

I like the artistic aspects of figure skating.   The music, the choreography, and all that.

Yeah, I know I'm a dude and all, but still...

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

Just B.S.

Yeah, I know nothing about the scoring either. I just love seeing them gain height and do all kinds of flips and stuff. Now that has to be some kind of rush. I cringe every time I see them land on their feet though. The knees must take a beating.

That's what non runners say about running Smile

I love figure skating and gymnastics. I might not necessarily agree with the scoring system but

I love watching and I respect what each athlete has done to get to the Olympics. So I watch

pretty much every sport and cheer and enjoy.

delicate flower

As a fan of the Olympics, I have no interest in it what-so-ever and will not watch if it's on.   I could not care less about it.  Blades of Glory was awesome though.

<3

Nevrgivup

That's what non runners say about running Smile

I love figure skating and gymnastics. I might not necessarily agree with the scoring system but

I love watching and I respect what each athlete has done to get to the Olympics. So I watch

pretty much every sport and cheer and enjoy.

Exactly what I was thinking as I typed it! Hahaha.