Beginners and Beyond

Happy Globally Organized Hug A Runner Thurs-Day (G.O.H.A.R.D.) Penguins! (Read 21 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Run hard, be strong, think big!"

Now get out there and Hug!

PADRunner

Morning all Happy G.O.H.A.R.D.

Going to the track after work today.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Warm up in San Antonio for today...will be a pleasant 66 degrees for my run/walk after work, nice!   Tomorrow, though, storms are moving into the area.  On Saturday, they are supposed to be REALLY bad.   Great, I have a 5K event Saturday morning.  I can deal with the rain, but lightning is another matter.

G.O.H.A.R.D.   - -

Ummm,  I don't think so....I'm old.  Mine is more like:

Globally Organized Senior Old Farts Trotting (G.O.S.O.F.T)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  LMFAO at the GOHARD.  Pilates and a run tonight.  Tried to wake up earlier to run and I was achy all over (from the fall) so I stayed in bed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Happy running after work, PAD, Scotty, and Damaris.

Headed out for something this morning...maybe 6.  I've had 3 days off (travel, then company...messing with my morning routine.)  So we'll see how it goes.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

PAD Enjoy the track work. I hope it is at least a bit warmer for you.

Scotty: Good luck with the weather. It was 53 this morning so I really know what cold weather is like.  (Yeah, right!) If there is lightning I'm sure the race will be postponed.

D: No work today? Must be nice sleeping in on a Thursday.

Brilliant: Don't forget about the 5k on Saturday. That could help you get back in your routine. Smile

SRD for me and packet pickup for Saturday's 5k.

Have a good day.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Yesterday's quartet practice went well, and tonight is chorus practice!  It's lucky I have pretty much no other hobbies.  But a busy work day today with billing, two meetings, seminar, and some actual experiments to do.

PAD -- Happy G.O.H.A.R.D. to you!!

Scotty -- Bwah hah hah!!  Ok, so happy G.O.S.O.F.T. to you!!

Docket -- Good luck with pilates and a run!!  Hope the aches go away ...

Brilliant -- Have a good maybe 6 this morning!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Jack!!  Good luck with the race!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Today will probably be a GOSOFT day for me since my last run was a hard one.  OTOH, I should be able to talk DH into a good hug before I go.  Probably 5 or so outdoors.  It has warmed up to 35 degrees.

PAD - good luck at the track.  I take it things have warmed up in your part of Texas?

Scotty - enjoy your run this afternoon.  I hope it doesn't thunder and lightning on you this weekend.

Brilliant - it's always hard to get started back in the groove, but I find that first run back usually feels so good because I miss it when I'm not running.

Damaris- sorry you're still hurting.  Was this a new fall, or the one three days ago?  I hope you feel better later.

Jack - enjoy your RD

HM - sounds like a very busy day.  Do you sing when you're alone in the lab?

Docket_Rocket

Hi Pens.

PAD Enjoy the track work. I hope it is at least a bit warmer for you.

Scotty: Good luck with the weather. It was 53 this morning so I really know what cold weather is like.  (Yeah, right!) If there is lightning I'm sure the race will be postponed.

D: No work today? Must be nice sleeping in on a Thursday.

Brilliant: Don't forget about the 5k on Saturday. That could help you get back in your routine. Smile

SRD for me and packet pickup for Saturday's 5k.

Have a good day.

I am working from home so I don't have the one hour commute.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Wazzup penguins

did 3.5M on the treadmill at the gym then I did 25 mins on the elliptical. It was torture because my music apparently did not transfer to my new iPhone  there should be some special conversion factor for running on a treadmill and also doing it without music! Like my 3.5 miles should count for at least 7! Ugh.

I may sign up for a turkey trot 5k Tgiving morning.

~~~~~~~

Traci

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry about still being achy, Damaris.  Try some Ben-Gay...the smell isn't that bad....    Good luck with the pilates and miles tonite.

Hope your leg did not balk at the 6 miles, Brilliant, after 3 days off.

Jack, our roads are terrible with drainage, so if there is a LOT of rain Saturday morning, it probably will be postponed, as the roads around here tend to flood.  The 5K is in San Marcos, which is about 40 miles from San Antonio, so if the rain comes down really good, I probably wouldn't be able to make it anyway, some of the roads on the way would probably be closed.   Enjoy your SRD and the packet pickup.

HsM, isn't your husband a hobby?

Wow, Ginny, warmed up to 35 degrees...heat wave!  Do you have snow there too?   Stupid weatherman...told us rain starts tomorrow...well, it has started now!  Can hear thunder from my office an a co-worker just came in and said it was already raining out and there are flashes of lightning too.   I don't mind running in rain after work today..but if there is lightning....

Maybe you can install a stereo system on your TM, Traci. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PADRunner

Yes I'm back in the 70s again!

Singer who runs a smidge

Are you disco dancing? 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Got my 8 mile run done today.  It was actually quite a beautiful day weather wise.  42, sunny, and not too windy. :-)

The GPS on my iPhone went nuts again.  I think I need to remember to turn off wifi or it tries to like lock onto wifi hotspots?  In any case, DH is getting me a FR220 for Christmas so that should solve some of these GPS issues.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21)