Beginners and Beyond

Are We Sleepy ~ SunDAILIES? (Read 34 times)

MothAudio

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

MothAudio

Where is everyone? Running or sleeping in?  Saturday: 10 miles 1:38:40 - 9:52 avg. pace - easy. I slept in, then knocked out yardwork before I enjoy the Austrian F1. I'll run later. Run inspired!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

delicate flower

What ya say there bub!  Today is a BRICK DAY for me and the wife!  Fixing to head out for a 50 mile bike ride in a bit, immediately followed by a 4-6 mile run.  Then sushi (for eating).  Boy, the wife's 70.3 training is going to get me into a decent shape for once in my life.

<3

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning runners! I haven't posted here in a while. I was out of commission most of the winter with PF in both feet that actually started last fall. I have been back at it for about 1.5 months. This week I will log about 34 miles. My first week over 30 miles since coming back.

Last night I watched a replay of the Germany vs Ghana game while drinking my Peroni beer.

Tonight the US plays Portugal! USA! USA! USA! I still have more Peroni beer left! 

Somewhere along the line today I have to fit in 10 miles.

Have a great Sunday all! God bless!

outoftheblue

A lot of sleepyheads this morning, I guess.  I've got a long run on schedule, but trying to decide exactly how long.  Somewhere around 12 to 15 miles.  It's just one of those days where I won't be able to figure out what I want to do until I get out there.

Moth -- Nice run and enjoy the auto racing.

Baboon -- Are you getting the itch to try a Tri yourself?

Life is good.

outoftheblue

Good morning runners! I haven't posted here in a while. I was out of commission most of the winter with PF in both feet that actually started last fall. I have been back at it for about 1.5 months. This week I will log about 34 miles. My first week over 30 miles since coming back.

Last night I watched a replay of the Germany vs Ghana game while drinking my Peroni beer.

Tonight the US plays Portugal! USA! USA! USA! I still have more Peroni beer left! 

Somewhere along the line today I have to fit in 10 miles.

Have a great Sunday all! God bless!

Welcome back!

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I was running since 5am!  Brutal humidity (75 dewpoint) and a brutal sun.  That bad that I quit at mile 14.  When you have lost 10lbs and you were downing 20oz per 5 miles, you know it's time to go inside.  Overall, a good run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning, dailies!

Jogged 5.1 yesterday, ass is still broken.

Going to hit the bike today and then watch the USA game later.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

I am out the door to run four or five easy miles and then we are going out of town for five days. We are going up to the local mountains where my parents have a place so I can get a few runs in at 6600' elevation. I hope I can go more than a mile or two before passing out. Smile  We'll get up there plenty early so I can still the soccer games.

Have a good Sunday.

Jay: Sorry about your broken ass.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Would have had 12 miles this morning, but ended up with 7 because I just couldn't leave an adorable little kitten out on the roads all alone, he should be named Socks but we can't keep him Sad

I might try to get another 3 miles in later today with Dorian.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

'Sup!

I got in 7 miles in the suburbs of Dayton and it was a fabulous run!

Now to find breakfast somewhere before making the four hour drive north.

Peroni beer.

IMHO:   I prefer a bit of a heavier brew. My last 3 beers out here in Oregon were Oakshire Espresso Stout, McMenamins Terminator Stout, and Deschutes Obsidian Stout.

Jay, I must have missed your report on ass breakage, probably due to my wallowing in my own self pity. Hope it heals up.

Anyway, only 4 this morning for me before my #%$& knee made me quit. Have not been loading runs into my log this week because it's a bit more of a hassle while on vacation. And because it's too depressing to look at; I think it's 26 for the week.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Easy 5 mile recovery run done.  After taking a week off for my sprained ankle, I popped right back with a solid 62.8 miles for the week to get back into base building.  Feeling great!

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

MothAudio

Where is everyone? Running or sleeping in?  Saturday: 10 miles 1:38:40 - 9:52 avg. pace - easy. I slept in, then knocked out yardwork before I enjoy the Austrian F1. I'll run later. Run inspired!

12 miles 1:58:15 - 9:51 avg. pace - general aerobic A.M. / more later...

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Late start, celebrated our 13yr anniversary last night. I had some good food and time with DD and DW.

As a note I suggest you brew fanatics to try Saint Arnold Bishop's Barrel #6 (if you can find it) Aged in rum barrels and seriously badass - don't expect much hops do expect $$.

http://www.saintarnold.com/bb/

Whoa swap 73 dewpoint for 69 + rain makes no difference soaking wet by mile 2.

Freshness made it tough to keep the pace down.

9 miles + strides and That marks the end of my first 80mpw (ever)!