Beginners and Beyond

My 5 Mile Trail Race Report (Read 66 times)

SheCan

Beth, this is a great RR!  You know I totally look up to you, and think you're a great role model for everyone.  As one of those older, slower people, it's nice to see you continue to improve and to feel confident and excited---which comes through in your report -- it helps me believe I can, too.  Good luck at your marathon.  I know you're going to crush it.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

plus I'm pretty slow and boring.  I don't think you are either of those things, actually.  5 miles in 45 minutes?  That is FAST to me..I'd have been about 20 minutes behind you, lol.   And very nice report, not boring at all.   Good gracious, that photo!  That is some way to start a race, sand followed by a hill!

Congrat on your race, Beth, you rocked it!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Just B.S.

Thanks so much Pink, you are just so nice and encouraging to everyone. That is just the beginning

of the hill. You should see it from the top!LOL

What an awesome race, Beth!!   The "hill" in that picture looks intimidating to me!   I'm so happy that it's all coming together now just in time for your race!!  You've trained well, and I cannot wait to read how you just totally OWN your upcoming marathon!!!  Go, Beth, GO!!!

SheCan, that really means a lot to me. And yes after 10 years of racing I still get excited! I love race

day because I get to act like a kid and run around having fun in silly outfits!LOL

Beth, this is a great RR!  You know I totally look up to you, and think you're a great role model for everyone.  As one of those older, slower people, it's nice to see you continue to improve and to feel confident and excited---which comes through in your report -- it helps me believe I can, too.  Good luck at your marathon.  I know you're going to crush it.

Scotty, thanks so much. And actually it was 43:31!LOL  45:26 was the old PR. I wish we had as many short races

locally as you do. I enjoy them and they don't take much recovery time. I would do a lot more if we had them.

plus I'm pretty slow and boring.  I don't think you are either of those things, actually.  5 miles in 45 minutes?  That is FAST to me..I'd have been about 20 minutes behind you, lol.   And very nice report, not boring at all.   Good gracious, that photo!  That is some way to start a race, sand followed by a hill!

Congrat on your race, Beth, you rocked it!

scissorbill

Congratulations, Beth!  That hill looks so intimidating.  Thanks for posting, I enjoyed reading your RR you should post them more often.

Love the Half

Hey now, who says 50 is "older?"  Joking

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

My reports tend to not be that interesting because I don't remember or write up a huge amount of race details, but LRB likes them so what the hell.

FYP!    Cool

You are so gonna nail your goal race!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

You rock! 'nuff said.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Nice work, Beth! Congrats! Smile

Ball of Fury

Great race and RR Beth!  Congrats on the PR and AG placing...especially with all you have been through lately!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15