Beginners and Beyond

Toddler Penguin Friday (Read 23 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

It's National Preschool Fitness Day!

Take a toddler to the track!

"Number one is to just gain a passion for running. To love the morning, to love the trail, to love the pace on the track. And if some kid gets really good at it, that's cool too." --Pat Tyson

PADRunner

5 miles this morning done.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have an SRD today but since we are traveling tomorrow for the race on Sunday, I am going to run 5 after Pilates to do tomorrow's workout.

PAD, nice 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Morning PAD and DR. 6EZ this morning.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

on my way to badass

Good Friday Penguins! Thanks for starting us off PAD. Have fun with the 5 and pilates Docket. 3 for me, I think, on the TM.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk at Fort Sam Houston after work yesterday.  78 degrees, light wind, and got to the top of a hill right in time to enjoy a beautiful sunset!  3.3 miles done with a couple of good-sized hills thrown in.

Today is a rest day and packet pickup for my 2 5Ks this weekend.  The rain predicted for us for today has not shown up yet.  Which is nice, because I just moved this morning to a different space in my office and now have a window and lots more desk-room and floor space, and a degree of privacy - yay! - and got to enjoy looking out that window to watch a beautiful sunrise, sweeet.    Well, if our local forecasters turn out to be correct, this won't last.  Rain is supposed to be moving in later today and the high is supposed to get only to 59 degrees.  That weather is predicted to last all weekend long too, bummer for my races.   Maybe Mother Nature will be kind and at least not have it pour on me during the events..if it has to rain, just  a little light rain, please.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brilliant

Good morning, Penguins!

Nice running, PAD and Bin.

Happy running on the treadmill,  SF.

Scotty, I hope the weather holds for your races!  Is your camera waterproof?

GInny, I sort of tapered...haven't done any hard running this week that would wear me out.  So I feel much fresher right now than I did all week last week, when I was whining about being tired. Smile

Damaris, safe travels to you tomorrow!  Have you seen the weather report for us?  It should be in the 50s when we start and 60s at the finish.  Perfect!  I just wish there was a bit of cloud cover expected.  But I'm not complaining.

I think I'm going to head out for an easy 3 this morning and then go to yoga.

GinnyinPA

PAD - good job on the early miles.

SF - enjoy your treadmill miles.

Damaris - which race are you running on Sunday?

Bin - are you running indoors or out these days?

Scotty - the trouble with a window view is it's hard to focus on the computer when it's nice outside.  Good luck with your wet races this weekend.

Brilliant - good luck with your HM.  Have fun.

SRD here.  We only had a dusting of snow yesterday, but the latest forecast is for 4-8 on Sunday evening. . I don't believe it, but it's a slim possibility.

Brilliant

Ginny, thanks!  I'm optimistic (although I already have butterflies which is NOT normal for me).  Enjoy your rest day and your snow. Smile

Mitch...the elevation profile for Tick-Ridge looks brutal!

Zelanie

Hey guys,

I accidentally ended up with 10 last night, so I only need 4-6ish tonight.

Good luck, Brilliant!

tracilynn

^^   "I accidentally ran 10 miles last night".

LOL

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning, PAD, Docket, Bin, SF, Scotty, Ginny, Brilliant (HM good luck), and Zel.

I hit the gym early this morning.  Short indoor run when DW returns from Curves. I need 8 more miles this month for 100.

Good luck penguin Big Losers.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Way to go, Traci.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Hmm, preschool fitness.  My mom told me yesterday that my kindergarten-age nephew was the one child out of 1000 at his school who wasn't standing nicely in line with his teacher when they went outside for a fire drill.  He was the one rolling down the hill instead.  Hey, it's exercise!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 5!!

Docket -- Have a good shifted 5!!

Bin -- woo-hoo for your EZ6!!

Stone -- have a good TM3!!

Scotty -- wow, sounds like you got a great office upgrade!!  Good luck this weekend!!

Brilliant -- enjoy your 3 and yoga!!

Ginny -- Have a good SRD!!  I'm hoping the slight snow forecast for Sunday doesn't pan out here either.  We're going over to watch the Superbowl with some friends, and they live slap up the side of a mountain.  Tricky if it gets slick.

Zelanie -- what, did you zone out and forget you were running? 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hey, there are more of you!

Good morning, traci!!

Jerryb, nice monthly mileage!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.