Beginners and Beyond

2014 New York City Marathon Cyber Monday Deal: $5 Lottery Entry (Read 66 times)

LRB

The application will be available on Monday, December 2, 2013 at 12:01 a.m.   Apply on Monday for the special Cyber Monday-only processing fee of $5.  The fee returns to the usual $11 on Tuesday, December 3.

(link)

happylily

I want New York City to be my 2014 fall marathon and I have a time qualifier. But it looks like even with a time qualifier, I'm not automatically in. I will be entered in a special lottery. If I don't get in with this lottery, then I'm entered in the general lottery. There are no mention of the dates for the lotteries (that I saw, at least). Kind of a pain... 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jess runs for bacon

I am considering this....should I let the universe decide if this will (finally) be my first marathon?

Just B.S.

We want to do NYC someday but it won't be next year.

Too close to the two marathons we will be running in Italy in October.

2015 perhaps.

Goorun

I'm in (pending guarantee entry/ lottery who knows how that works Confused) . $15 on Monday ($5 + $10 donation).

This will be my first race in 60-64 AG.

There is an obvious goal there for me.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

happylily

I'm in (pending guarantee entry/ lottery who knows how that works Confused) . $15 on Monday ($5 + $10 donation).

This will be my first race in 60-64 AG.

There is an obvious goal there for me.

I'm in too the same as you, Goo (woohoo for being easy on us old ladies! I mean me, not you, Goo... Big grin) So when is that draw? Do we have to wait as long as the general lottery?

Goorun

I'm in too the same as you, Goo (woohoo for being easy on us old ladies! I mean me, not you, Goo... Big grin) So when is that draw? Do we have to wait as long as the general lottery?

Big grin

I read the rules like five times and still have no idea how it will work.

I'm assuming, that when they confirm that we ran the qualifying time, we'll be in automatically and they will send us an email to confirm it.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

happylily

Big grin

I'm assuming, that when they confirm that we ran the qualifying time, we'll be in automatically and they will send us an email to confirm it.

I hope so! That's the way I understood it as well. I read somewhere that if we don't hear from them after two weeks, to contact them. I can't wait to receive confirmation I'm in. I'm obsessed with not finding a good place to stay and want to make my hotel reservation as soon as possible.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Did Lily talk about easy old ladies ?

Blush

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

happylily

Did Lily talk about easy old ladies ?

Blush

LOL... and eww... Big grin

slowrunningjulie

I am in the lottery! Don't have a fall marathon on my schedule yet and am hoping that NYC will be it!

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

They consider $5 to be a deal???  What a fuckin joke of a deal.  If they really wanted to give us a cyber deal then it would be more like $25 to 50 off the entry fee or something like that

Love the Half

Big grin

I have looked at the rules very carefully and the lawyer in me thinks this.  NYC has "x" number of slots for time qualifiers.  If fewer than "x" time qualifiers register, then you're in.  If more than "x" time qualifiers register, then a lottery will be held among all time qualifiers to reach "x."  All time qualifiers who do not get in through that method are automatically entered in the general lottery.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

happylily

I have looked at the rules very carefully and the lawyer in me thinks this.  NYC has "x" number of slots for time qualifiers.  If fewer than "x" time qualifiers register, then you're in.  If more than "x" time qualifiers register, then a lottery will be held among all time qualifiers to reach "x."  All time qualifiers who do not get in through that method are automatically entered in the general lottery.

Yes, but there is no deadline. They do not say how long they wait before they decide they do a lottery or not...